Who Should Be Traded?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars wrote: View Post
    So Kyle is selling his house in Toronto.

Here is the real estate listing:
    http://v3.torontomls.net/Live/Pages/...c0580&App=TREB
    Looking more and more like the writing is on the wall. The decision probably became a lot easier the last few weeks. A combination of clearing out cap space for Giannis and that being gone, the team being mediocre, and the emergence of Fred seem to all be leading us to the inevitable. Might as well try and get a first and let Kyle go play in big games again.

I'll be pretty gutted if and when "he gone". My favorite pro athlete of my jaded adult life, long past the days when I actually had hero athletes and posters on the wall. His combination of intensity and intelligence is hard to find. In my opinion he was the NBA's most underrated player from 2015-2020, driving wins more than most not named Lebron.
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Salute to Kyle. So long partner
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Looking more and more like the writing is on the wall. The decision probably became a lot easier the last few weeks. A combination of clearing out cap space for Giannis and that being gone, the team being mediocre, and the emergence of Fred seem to all be leading us to the inevitable. Might as well try and get a first and let Kyle go play in big games again.

I'll be pretty gutted if and when "he gone". My favorite pro athlete of my jaded adult life, long past the days when I actually had hero athletes and posters on the wall. His combination of intensity and intelligence is hard to find. In my opinion he was the NBA's most underrated player from 2015-2020, driving wins more than most not named Lebron.
        Absolutely. He was a top 10 player for 5-7 years in a row, probably even top 5 if you're talking about who gets you wins. I've been thinking a lot about what it's gonna be like in 5 years, looking back at just how great he was. It's not gonna be as fun as it's been when he's gone.

Comment

This Lowry quote got kind of lost in the shuffle at the end-of-season press conference, when the Raps got knocked out of the bubble. Kyle knew that Fred was going to take over from him eventually, and that day is almost here:

On what he was most proud of this season: I’m proud of the emergence of these guys: Freddy, Pascal, you know, Oshae getting an opportunity to play a little bit, Rondae getting an opportunity to be down here, Terence Davis had a great rookie season. But I’m just proud of the coaching staff letting us be us and letting us figure things out. Serge and Marc being who they are. But I’m just really proud of these guys and took this opportunity to become better basketball players, take advantage of the moments.

“You guys know I have a real soft spot for Freddy, and I know he’s going to be the future franchise point guard and I’m just so proud of him, man. And I know it’s just like, I’m happy for him because he went through this whole season knowing he’s going to be a free agent, he played his ass off, and now he’s going to be rewarded. And that, to me, it means the world, that he can take care of his family at a high level because he’s doing his job at a high level and he wants it. And he’s going to continue to work hard and be a better basketball player and be a better father.

“Pascal, he earned his contract and now he’s going to outgrow that contract. Those guys, just continuing to grow and get better. That’s what I will take from this season is the moments from those guys."
          https://www.sportsnet.ca/nba/potenti...-run-together/

BTW - how do we actually know that's Lowry's house? Kind of creepy stalking whoever figured that out.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

This Lowry quote got kind of lost in the shuffle at the end-of-season press conference, when the Raps got knocked out of the bubble. Kyle knew that Fred was going to take over from him eventually, and that day is almost here:

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nba/potenti...-run-together/

BTW - how do we actually know that's Lowry's house? Kind of creepy stalking whoever figured that out.
            Was on reddit and confirmed. Lowry had some ESPN doc show casing his house a year or two ago as well.

Comment

• What's going on?! Kyle leaving with "back spasms" (could be)? Selling his house (do we know that it's his?)?. This feels weird. I mean, it might just be because he's decided to move his family to tampa knowing they won't be back in TO this year.

Edit: just read the post above about the house

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                What's going on?! Kyle leaving with "back spasms" (could be)? Selling his house (do we know that it's his?)?. This feels weird. I mean, it might just be because he's decided to move his family to tampa knowing they won't be back in TO this year.

Edit: just read the post above about the house
                Well for one his contract expires end of the season and there's a pandemic, he hasn't lived in that house for a year now, and his contract will be done before he has a chance to get back there. And if his next contract isn't in Toronto, why carry the costs & pay taxes on a huge house? He's already done it for a year for no good reason.

It's also a pandemic still and hard to say how that factors into things. Kyle might be thinking even if his next contract is in Toronto, it's not the same kind of 5 year deal you sign in your prime and with the pandemic he might be planning on different living arrangements even if he is back, e.g. a condo or rental instead.

Or he knows he's leaving.
                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• To use the old phrase, oh to be a fly on the wall in the Raps war room. Kyle, greatest raptor ever but not likely winning again with this team. Norm playing at an all star level but has an opt out at the end of the year and OG is coming back. Glaring need at centre. Is there one move that addresses them all? Could a blow up be coming?

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

SportsNet has a video with Alvin Williams discussing the potential trade of Kyle and he thinks he could still bring back a decent haul.
                    I really think Kyle is walking unless Masai over pays him. I'm sure they're at least exploring what he could bring back .... but then again the Raps are playing better recently .... then again, winning without him lol
                    Why do you think Kyle leaves? I know he sniffed around and wanted to leave last time he was a free agent, but woth the last three years it seems like hes more commited to the team and city than ever. Especially after winning a ring I cant see him ring chasing like a Gary Payton, and hes still got a fighters chance here in the next 3 years with some good offseasons. Everyone comparing the Lowry situation to Gasol in Memphis is missing that Gasol was already pretty washed and Memphis had been a bottom dweller for over a year before trading him.

That being said, the idea of trading him is growing on me, so long as the value is there.

As for Powell, Id prefer to move on. His role on a great team is scoring threat off the bench. Hes solid all around, but still makes some boneheaded plays and not a playmaker - Id prefer to have the luxury of playing that type of player 30 min when hes on hitting shots like recently, but when hes slumping a bit reduce those minutes to 20. Cant do that paying him 15+ mill as a starter. If Im a team gearing up for a playoff run, hes an ideal target - history playing well in playoffs, fine sacrificing and coming off the bench for a chip, etc. Feel like he should be easy to move.

Comment

Seriously, is that his?
                      Pretty nice inside but what a crap location and terrible lot. You'd think he'd be in the Beaches, Lorne Park or Oakville with some privacy.

Edit, read the post above confirming it's his.
                      Could well be that he doesn't want to sit on an empty house for another COVID year in a hot real estate market and he's buy something else/lease if and when he comes back.
                      Last edited by G__Deane; Tue Feb 9, 2021, 03:59 PM.

Comment

• Now if kyle does go, where would we like to see him land? I hope for philly, and it would likely mean a few months of Danny green coming back lol.

if Kyle goes to the clippers I'll vomit. Just buying the whole fucking team masai built in Canada

Comment

Eh seems like every trade target and free agent in the lead up to the deadline or free agency has headlines about real estate moves and signing their kid up for school in a different city. Same thing happened with Kawhi iirc. Id like to know how often guys sell their house but nobody cares cause they have a contract for 2-3 more years.

That being said, definitely doesnt point towards Kyle staying.

Comment

Now if kyle does go, where would we like to see him land? I hope for philly, and it would likely mean a few months of Danny green coming back lol.

if Kyle goes to the clippers I'll vomit. Just buying the whole fucking team masai built in Canada
                            The dream would be to swap him for Simmons but that isn't happening. Perhaps a three-team trade? We need at least one interesting prospect coming back, and no one on the sixers really interests me.

I really would rather keep him. We'll see what Masai decides.

Comment

Now if kyle does go, where would we like to see him land? I hope for philly, and it would likely mean a few months of Danny green coming back lol.

I think Philly would be weird because we play them so often every year. We could even face them in the playoffs which would be really hard to watch. But them and LAC seem like the best options for him.

But if I had a preferred location it would be a team like Dallas, Denver or Golden State out West.

Comment

I think Philly would be weird because we play them so often every year. We could even face them in the playoffs which would be really hard to watch. But them and LAC seem like the best options for him.

But if I had a preferred location it would be a team like Dallas, Denver or Golden State out West.

We can finally get our savior, WIGGINS!

Comment

Working...
                                X