Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

1 team would really like that trade, and it's us. lol
    I don't know KC, I like it if I'm Philly too - they're already at the top of the east, you add a winning top tier PG like Lowry it's the push they need for the finals. Lowry moves the needle for them, Danny Green and stuff, not so much

For the Wizs yeah, it all depends how disgruntled beal really is. If he's happy they probably don't even contemplate trading him, but if not, you got 3 rotation players, all good shooters, plus 2 first round picks for a player that's barely an all-star, questionable defender, never won anything with the wizs and wants out of there anyways. Could be the deck shuffling that could help everyone.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
      So Kyle is selling his house in Toronto.

Here is the real estate listing:
      http://v3.torontomls.net/Live/Pages/...c0580&App=TREB
      Somebody should tell ESPN this nugget so we can get some rumours and discussion going

Comment

• The NBA Trade deadline is March 25 ... a short 6 weeks away. Equally short is the time teams can buyout players if the team is going nowhere and looks to save a few bucks on salary for the year.

So as Cavs regress to the mean dropping 8 of their last 10 and now 5L's in a row and eye the draft more than the playoffs the current wisdom in the NBA is that if they are going to buy out Andre Drummond at the trade deadline and that he is on his way to Brooklyn.

Thing is.....Brooklyn already has DeAndre Jordan who does essentially the same stuff as Drummond does. Big body. Lob and dunk. Putbacks, rebounding and rim protection. Jordan plays 20 minutes a game. The rest of the time the Nets go small and Jordan sits with Durant at the positionless 5.
        So this begs a few questions..Are there any minutes for Drummond ? Why does Brooklyn want or need two of the same thing? Does sitting on the bench and waving a towel and making faces appeal to a 27 year old with gas in the tank ? Sure he gets a championship ring IF they get that far but some rings are less than others. Ask 3 ring Pat McCaw.

So.....

Does Drummond shift the landscape if he metaphorically takes I90 east but exits at the Peace Bridge instead of going to NYC ?

This incredibly biased poster says an emphatic yes.
        The raptors with Drummond in the middle vault themselves into the contender quadrant for the ECF.

There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
        - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
          The NBA Trade deadline is March 25 ... a short 6 weeks away. Equally short is the time teams can buyout players if the team is going nowhere and looks to save a few bucks on salary for the year.

So as Cavs regress to the mean dropping 8 of their last 10 and now 5L's in a row and eye the draft more than the playoffs the current wisdom in the NBA is that if they are going to buy out Andre Drummond at the trade deadline and that he is on his way to Brooklyn.

Thing is.....Brooklyn already has DeAndre Jordan who does essentially the same stuff as Drummond does. Big body. Lob and dunk. Putbacks, rebounding and rim protection. Jordan plays 20 minutes a game. The rest of the time the Nets go small and Jordan sits with Durant at the positionless 5.
          So this begs a few questions..Are there any minutes for Drummond ? Why does Brooklyn want or need two of the same thing? Does sitting on the bench and waving a towel and making faces appeal to a 27 year old with gas in the tank ? Sure he gets a championship ring IF they get that far but some rings are less than others. Ask 3 ring Pat McCaw.

So.....

Does Drummond shift the landscape if he metaphorically takes I90 east but exits at the Peace Bridge instead of going to NYC ?

This incredibly biased poster says an emphatic yes.
          The raptors with Drummond in the middle vault themselves into the contender quadrant for the ECF.
          Seems a bit contradictory to say Drummond has so little trade value that he gets bought out, but that he would also be able to make the Raptors...or any team...a contender. Not a big fan of that acquisition for the Raptors as I don't like the spacing issues it would create and Masai seems pretty consistent in his approach to signing stretch bigs, so yeah not seeing this happen. I do think they need to bring in another C though.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

Seems a bit contradictory to say Drummond has so little trade value that he gets bought out, but that he would also be able to make the Raptors...or any team...a contender. Not a big fan of that acquisition for the Raptors as I don't like the spacing issues it would create and Masai seems pretty consistent in his approach to signing stretch bigs, so yeah not seeing this happen. I do think they need to bring in another C though.
            He has little trade value due to the NBA's marked shift away from paying big dollar deals to centres a position that has become less relevant in the way the game is played today.

I love Pizza.. but I am not paying 86 bucks for skip the dishes for pizza from Llibrettos. Its good pizza but I am just not doing it. Not enough value for my money....But i will pay 25 bucks for the managers special ...two larges with 3 toppings ...at any chain pizza joint. Its just value for money.

Drummond makes 28M$ for this last year. Detroit couldn't move him for anything last year. He is not in the same class as Davis and Jokic and Embiid who also make that kind of coin but he is in the same class as Jordan and JV and Nurkic and Ibalka who make 10 to 15M$

While its not in your best interests to trade for a 30M dollar C using roster players and draft picks .. it is good business to sign him for the rest of the year to the vet miniumum or whatever you can offer for a buyout player looking for a gig and then in the offseason sign him to a market deal if he fits your plans... But first you have to get him in house.

The Raps can offer minutes and a chance to win.
            Kyle and Drummond on PnR would be a joy to watch. Drummond would halve the second chance points we give up. He can body up with Embiid and Jordan in the playoffs.

Drummond moves the needle for the Raps in an area of need...
            If he doesn't come then I am afraid that Kyle will be gone by March 25.

If Cleveland loses their mind and buys out Kevin Love as well...
            Last edited by Demographic Shift; Thu Feb 11, 2021, 01:17 PM.
            - TGO

Comment

This is a good point. I'm starting to see a pattern in a Nick Nurse type of player's core must-haves, regardless of position:

1) Has to play good defense
              2) Needs to shoot the 3
              3) Low turnovers
              4) High BBIQ

Drummond would not score high on that checklist. A guy like Bembry, who has insanely improved his 3-pt shooting would grade quite well.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

This is a good point. I'm starting to see a pattern in a Nick Nurse type of player's core must-haves, regardless of position:

1) Has to play good defense
                2) Needs to shoot the 3
                3) Low turnovers
                4) High BBIQ

Drummond would not score high on that checklist. A guy like Bembry, who has insanely improved his 3-pt shooting would grade quite well.
                True.. but who would you rather have. ?
                Drummond or Baynes.

Both play good defense though Drummond is the far better rebounder. .
                Both take the 3 but if your counting on that for your offense then your fucked before you get out of the room and onto the floor.
                Drummond has way better hands than Baynes so turnovers would likely be lower.
                High BBIQ is subjective and hard to measure.. though Baynes with much less skill/talent might could be argued to know that game better to be where he is with the lack of skill.

- TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

True.. but who would you rather have. ?
                  Drummond or Baynes.

Both play good defense though Drummond is the far better rebounder. .
                  Both take the 3 but if your counting on that for your offense then your fucked before you get out of the room and onto the floor.
                  Drummond has way better hands than Baynes so turnovers would likely be lower.
                  High BBIQ is subjective and hard to measure.. though Baynes with much less skill/talent might could be argued to know that game better to be where he is with the lack of skill.
                  Drummond hasn't taken a 3 this season so far. He took 21 last season and hit exactly...1. I really don't think he'd be great fit here and would just plug up driving lanes for Siakam. Would love to have his rebounding and shot blocking, but everything else would be a problem. Plus, I'm loving Boucher's development with all these mins!

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                    So Kyle is selling his house in Toronto.

Here is the real estate listing:
                    http://v3.torontomls.net/Live/Pages/...c0580&App=TREB
                    Does MLSE announcing that the Raps will play the rest of their season in Tampa less than 24 hours after the news of Lowry's sale seem a little less like the sky is falling?

Comment

Drummond hasn't taken a 3 this season so far. He took 21 last season and hit exactly...1. I really don't think he'd be great fit here and would just plug up driving lanes for Siakam. Would love to have his rebounding and shot blocking, but everything else would be a problem. Plus, I'm loving Boucher's development with all these mins!
                      Can't convince you eh ?

I too like Boucher doing what he does.
                      - TGO

Comment

Hes also shooting like Fred at the rim. His effiency is pretty gross. I havent watched enough of him to have a great opinion one way or the other, but his block, steal and rebounding numbers are legitimately elite. Kind of suggests he would be the interior pressense defensively we are sorely lacking. Until we fix that our ceiling is pretty hard capped imo. Can he buy into a lesser offensive role and become more efficient?

Innitially I was pretty hard against Dummond, and I havent dug into film to actually know one way or another, but Id at least open to the idea now - especially if you can get some draft compensation as well.
                        Last edited by DogeLover1234; Thu Feb 11, 2021, 08:27 PM.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post

Hes also shooting like Fred at the rim. His effiency is pretty gross. I havent watched enough of him to have a great opinion one way or the other, but his block, steal and rebounding numbers are legitimately elite. Kind of suggests he would be the interior pressense defensively we are sorely lacking. Until we fix that our ceiling is pretty hard capped imo. Can he buy into a lesser offensive role and become more efficient?

Innitially I was pretty hard against Dummond, and I havent dug into film to actually know one way or another, but Id at least open to the idea now - especially if you can get some draft compensation as well.
                          Problem is if we are investing long term into Siakam, Drummond might not be the best fit. Pascal is a driver and you want him to drive, Drummond isn't a shooter at all. Baynes isn't a good shooter, but at least he is capable of hitting 3s.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post

No trade. So no draft collateral Involved .
                            If he gets bought out..it would cost money.
                            Baynes isn’t working out and we are about 35% of the way in. Unless there is an epiphany we really need an upgrade for the big body centre position.
                            Try and buy or dump.
                            - TGO

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

Problem is if we are investing long term into Siakam, Drummond might not be the best fit. Pascal is a driver and you want him to drive, Drummond isn't a shooter at all. Baynes isn't a good shooter, but at least he is capable of hitting 3s.
                              I mean niether is the long term option. Few teams respect any big shooters - even good shooters like Gasol and Ibaka were ignored come playoff time. Its about having the lineups to respond to other teams and giving many different looks. We get smashed on the interior a lot, with no real response - is Drummond the best solution? No, but hes got the skills we really need.

I thought I read Cleveland wasnt going to buyout Drummond. Maybe just posturing tho.

Comment

• Drummond is only 27. 27 year olds don’t tend to be buy out candidates to share minutes with Deandre Jordan. The best thing for Drummond’s next contract is to continue to put up monster numbers in big minutes on a crappy team. Can’t see him wanting to get bought out.

Comment

Working...
                                X