Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Should Be Traded?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • KeonClark wrote: View Post

    Neither would Drummond for that matter. What we really need is a defensive, mobile, rebounding machine. Like what we were getting from biyombo in '16.
    Which would be Drummond if he gets bought out.
    He can do what Biz did on the boards and then some and he has the upside of low post offense. Andre still has soft hands.

    Its amazing the epiphany players have when they land in a stable situation and see a chance to win.
    Drummond is only 27. He has been languishing in purgatory in Detroit and now Cleveland for his entire career.
    This guy has gas in the tank.

    We can't nor should we give the Cavs players in a two team trade. It would seem no one else is willing to either which leaves a buyout.
    Then its how much we can give him and if he wants to come here.

    To me, judge and jury, he makes the Raps a lot better.
    He brings rebounding and with rebounding we give up way less second chance points than we do right now. He can still run the floor and Kyle and Fred with a guy who has hands will make teams sick of seeing the Raps on PnR.

    Next season Andre D is UFA.
    So he is just a low cost half season rental. Try and buy. Or try and dump.
    .
    Last edited by Demographic Shift; Mon Feb 22, 2021, 10:02 AM.
    I don't normally like a tank. But when I do I prefer a #TampaTank.

    Comment



    • Comment


      • planetmars wrote: View Post
        Case closed.
        Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

        Comment


        • planetmars wrote: View Post
          LOL.. fair rebutal.

          Counter is that he won't be asked to carry the mail offensively.
          He will be asked to rebound and play the dunk position.
          That he can still do.
          Don;t discount that he won';t be doing it in Cleveland or Detroit as a factor.
          The Raps have structure, coaching and a dominant PG in Lowry to bring out the best in Drummond.
          We also have a track record of getting reclamation projects paid.

          If he can;t measure up on the floor or in the room......well we won;t be resigning him
          Last edited by Demographic Shift; Mon Feb 22, 2021, 11:22 AM.
          I don't normally like a tank. But when I do I prefer a #TampaTank.

          Comment


          • Mamba Mentality

            Comment


            • Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

              LOL.. fair rebutal.

              Counter is that he won't be asked to carry the mail offensively.
              He will be asked to rebound and play the dunk position.
              That he can still do.
              Don;t discount that he won';t be doing it in Cleveland or Detroit as a factor.
              The Raps have structure, coaching and a dominant PG in Lowry to bring out the best in Drummond.
              We also have a track record of getting reclamation projects paid.

              If he can;t measure up on the floor or in the room......well we won;t be resigning him
              If it's a buy out and it costs us a cup of coffee than I have no problem with it.. But I'm against a trade since he costs way too much and is typically a net negative player as seen in that video.

              Comment


              • The Great One wrote: View Post
                I'm up for at least exploring moving on from Lowry but dead against sending him to the Sixers unless Embiid is coming back

                Comment


                • G__Deane wrote: View Post

                  I'm up for at least exploring moving on from Lowry but dead against sending him to the Sixers unless Embiid is coming back
                  2 weeks ago I was fine with sending him to philly as we looked like a middling team and wanted lowry to get a best chance at a chip that wasnt helping lebron or kawhi.

                  now a lot has changed. I want to beat philly in the playoffs and am dead set against it.
                  It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                  Comment


                  • KeonClark wrote: View Post

                    2 weeks ago I was fine with sending him to philly as we looked like a middling team and wanted lowry to get a best chance at a chip that wasnt helping lebron or kawhi.

                    now a lot has changed. I want to beat philly in the playoffs and am dead set against it.
                    Agreed. Philly has some nice young players, but none of them stand out to me to the point where I'd send Lowry to a East team and make them a championship team.

                    Comment


                    • KeonClark wrote: View Post

                      2 weeks ago I was fine with sending him to philly as we looked like a middling team and wanted lowry to get a best chance at a chip that wasnt helping lebron or kawhi.

                      now a lot has changed. I want to beat philly in the playoffs and am dead set against it.
                      The biggest thing that's changed, IMO, is that the East looks really, really bad this year. Everybody is a pretender, except the Nets. Wide open.

                      Comment


                      • golden wrote: View Post

                        The biggest thing that's changed, IMO, is that the East looks really, really bad this year. Everybody is a pretender, except the Nets. Wide open.
                        Exactly. The shitty thing is the "Except the Nets"...they are steamrolling right now. But Harden is a playoff flake, Durant seems to always have leg injuries or covid or what have you, and Kyrie is a combustible element waiting to blow.
                        It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                        Comment


                        • KeonClark wrote: View Post

                          Exactly. The shitty thing is the "Except the Nets"...they are steamrolling right now. But Harden is a playoff flake, Durant seems to always have leg injuries or covid or what have you, and Kyrie is a combustible element waiting to blow.
                          You know what the even shittier thing is? If all we did was re-sign "negative-PIPM Ibaka" and "washed Gasol", then we'd probably be the easy co-favorites to win it all in the East. Think about this rotation:

                          PG: Lowry / FVV
                          SG: Powell / Davis / Thomas
                          SF: OG / Bembry / Stanley
                          PF: Siakam / Boucher / Yuta
                          C: Ibaka / Gasol

                          That's a deep and experienced playoff squad right there. F*ck Giannis!

                          Comment


                          • planetmars wrote: View Post

                            If it's a buy out and it costs us a cup of coffee than I have no problem with it.. But I'm against a trade since he costs way too much and is typically a net negative player as seen in that video.
                            One convert.
                            I don't normally like a tank. But when I do I prefer a #TampaTank.

                            Comment


                            • lmao it's true


                              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

                              Comment


                              • S.R. wrote: View Post
                                lmao it's true

                                Bwahahahaha... ding ding ding

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X