Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Should Be Traded?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • TomAmnot wrote: View Post
    So apparently Mavs are testing the market for Kristaps. Did not think he was a possibility, but could he be a good option to go along with OG and Siakam in the frontcourt? With Boucher as their primary backup/6MOY, of course.
    Trade Lowry for Kristaps and let Alex McKechnie work his magic.

    Comment


    • What are Zinger's injury issues? Averaging about 60 games per year over his first 4 seasons, not great for a young guy.
      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

      Comment


      • S.R. wrote: View Post
        What are Zinger's injury issues? Averaging about 60 games per year over his first 4 seasons, not great for a young guy.
        Kawhi only played 60 regular season games for us.... so there's that.

        Comment


        • I don't know if Alex can fix him. He's a tall guy that's not meant for the NBA pounding. It's the playoffs I'd be worried about. He missed 3 games against the Clippers and that was it for them. I don't want to spend $30M on a guy that won't show up when it matters.

          But yeah he'd fit perfectly with the core. Age and need. I'm sure Bobby/Masai will be talking to Alex about it, but I'm not sure they'll be able to get a hold of his medical records either.


          If Lowry wants a trade, then this is an option though for sure.

          Comment


          • S.R. wrote: View Post
            What are Zinger's injury issues? Averaging about 60 games per year over his first 4 seasons, not great for a young guy.
            His injury issues are 7'3 and 250 pounds. He might have Yao Ming-itis

            Comment


            • G__Deane wrote: View Post

              His injury issues are 7'3 and 250 pounds. He might have Yao Ming-itis
              Yeah that would be the concern, 7'+ guys who have chronic foot or knee issues are just permanently not right sometimes. Would be worth taking a pretty aggressive load management type of approach to see if you can get him healthy for full playoff runs.

              Wonder how Dallas sees Zinger with term vs Lowry on an expiring. Raptors need to throw in a pick/picks? Or has Zingers trade value dropped far enough for a straight up trade? Lowry coming off the books would give them a shitload of cap space for next year, they could completely reboot the roster around Luka.
              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

              Comment


              • S.R. wrote: View Post

                Yeah that would be the concern, 7'+ guys who have chronic foot or knee issues are just permanently not right sometimes. Would be worth taking a pretty aggressive load management type of approach to see if you can get him healthy for full playoff runs.

                Wonder how Dallas sees Zinger with term vs Lowry on an expiring. Raptors need to throw in a pick/picks? Or has Zingers trade value dropped far enough for a straight up trade? Lowry coming off the books would give them a shitload of cap space for next year, they could completely reboot the roster around Luka.
                To Raps: KP + Richardson
                To Mavs: Lowry + Powell

                That's a lot of championship tested scoring and 3-pt shooting to help out Luka.

                Comment


                • I don't think KP is the guy to target. And that's completely ignoring injuries. He's better than Baynes, sure, but in a Lowry trade I'd want a really, really good C back if we're doing a current fit trade, and KP is just , you know, good. He's fine. I guess I could live with such a trade, and who knows, maybe he's great on the Raps. Doesn't really wow me though.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

                  Comment


                  • DanH wrote: View Post
                    I don't think KP is the guy to target. And that's completely ignoring injuries. He's better than Baynes, sure, but in a Lowry trade I'd want a really, really good C back if we're doing a current fit trade, and KP is just , you know, good. He's fine. I guess I could live with such a trade, and who knows, maybe he's great on the Raps. Doesn't really wow me though.
                    I dont know Dan, it's not like there is a lot out there, who knows maybe if he comes 2 this team, he becomes professional, gets mature, gets in shape..bc that's how he gets injuries, not working hard enough, Lowry is gone, thats 💯 percent..so why get something for him...safer deal is Mo Bamba, I feel like there so much talent there..and we kind of need a player..like a ben wallace, but of course he can shoot..Freddy, Powell, OG, Siakim..your missing that center..build your team as old Detroit Pistons..2000s..chancey, rip, prince, Rasheed, Ben wallace team..
                    "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                    My kitchen is always open to friends"

                    Comment


                    • Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post

                      I dont know Dan, it's not like there is a lot out there, who knows maybe if he comes 2 this team, he becomes professional, gets mature, gets in shape..bc that's how he gets injuries, not working hard enough, Lowry is gone, thats 💯 percent..so why get something for him...safer deal is Mo Bamba, I feel like there so much talent there..and we kind of need a player..like a ben wallace, but of course he can shoot..Freddy, Powell, OG, Siakim..your missing that center..build your team as old Detroit Pistons..2000s..chancey, rip, prince, Rasheed, Ben wallace team..
                      I also think Mo Bamba could be a good option. Fournier is another guy to look at, whether it's to get him or ship him to another team in a 3 team trade. Magic is a potential trade partner, that's for sure.

                      Comment


                      • We only trade Lowry for any of these 3 Centers:

                        Vucecic
                        KAT
                        Embiid

                        otherwise everyone else are a lateral move.

                        Comment


                        • The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
                          We only trade Lowry for any of these 3 Centers:

                          Vucecic
                          KAT
                          Embiid

                          otherwise everyone else are a lateral move.
                          Maybe add Jokic to you list?

                          Comment


                          • The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
                            We only trade Lowry for any of these 3 Centers:

                            Vucecic
                            KAT
                            Embiid

                            otherwise everyone else are a lateral move.
                            Not sure how serious you are, but they don't need an all star level guy at that spot. Just someone who is a good defender and can score through the flow of a game without plays run for him. Sort of like OG really, just bigger ideally.

                            Comment


                            • DanH wrote: View Post
                              I don't think KP is the guy to target. And that's completely ignoring injuries. He's better than Baynes, sure, but in a Lowry trade I'd want a really, really good C back if we're doing a current fit trade, and KP is just , you know, good. He's fine. I guess I could live with such a trade, and who knows, maybe he's great on the Raps. Doesn't really wow me though.
                              We'd really only need KP to stretch the floor and protect the rim. He can do both of those things. And he excels in the mid-range pick & pop, like Serge, which is one area you can get open shots in the playoffs.

                              I mean, you're not getting Jokic or a top 5 draft pick for a Lowry rental, so what are we even talking about here?

                              Think about this deal:

                              To Mavs: Lowry, Powell, Thomas
                              To Raps: KP, Richardson, Burke

                              Roster:

                              PG: Burke / FVV
                              SG: J-Rich / TD
                              SF: OG / Bembry
                              PF: Pascal / Boucher
                              C: KP / Baynes

                              That's a pretty deep and balanced team right there.

                              Comment


                              • golden wrote: View Post

                                We'd really only need KP to stretch the floor and protect the rim. He can do both of those things. And he excels in the mid-range pick & pop, like Serge, which is one area you can get open shots in the playoffs.

                                I mean, you're not getting Jokic or a top 5 draft pick for a Lowry rental, so what are we even talking about here?

                                Think about this deal:

                                To Mavs: Lowry, Powell, Thomas
                                To Raps: KP, Richardson, Burke

                                Roster:

                                PG: Burke / FVV
                                SG: J-Rich / TD
                                SF: OG / Bembry
                                PF: Pascal / Boucher
                                C: KP / Baynes

                                That's a pretty deep and balanced team right there.
                                It's also far fetched. Ujiri isnt gonna make a massive overhaul here midseason, not the way the team is going
                                It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X