Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Should Be Traded?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Sabonis and Randle are similar I guess its just randle paid more dues being in the league a bit longer

    Comment


    • chris wrote: View Post

      i mean he's 20 years old with 53 games under his belt under two different coaches with two very different rosters. it's a bit early to say things like "he hasn't done anything yet" i think. what would one expect under those circumstances?

      he has basically the best numbers of all time for a player in his first 53 games and is a complete force of nature. that's worth an all star spot, in my opinion
      Yeah I'm not sure why Zion gets so much hate, he's incredibly dominant for a 20 year old. Even Lebron didn't start that efficient that fast.
      It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

      Comment


      • I think sabonis is the only player ever to average 20+ ppg, 10+ rpg and 5+ apg and not make an all star team. There are alot of deserving players that did not make it, but in the east hes the biggest snub IMO.

        Comment


        • KeonClark wrote: View Post

          Yeah I'm not sure why Zion gets so much hate, he's incredibly dominant for a 20 year old. Even Lebron didn't start that efficient that fast.
          i mean i get how some ppl could resent it if they felt the nba marketing machine was shoving a player down their throats if that guy was underachieving, but the dude is a real one of a kind talent

          Comment


          • KeonClark wrote: View Post
            You guys are way too hard on Randle here. He's averaging 23.3 and 10.9 reb, efficient shooting, 41% from deep, and he's a plus defender. His team ahead of Trae Youngs Hawks and Lavines Bulls and Beals Wizards, and the 2nd and 3rd best players are RJ Barrett and Mitchell Robinson. Outside of Canada (barrett) most casual fans probably can't name 3 New York Knicks

            Dude is having a very nice year and deserves the recognition
            I think Randle, Vooch, and Sabonis are all neck in neck, it's not an egregious thing to pick any 1 or 2 over the others. But I think the best player of the 3 is Sabonis, they're having individually comparable seasons, and his team is doing the best. Team success is almost always a consideration in AS selections, it's why Trae isn't there.
            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

            Comment


            • golden wrote: View Post

              Closer to home: Lowry and DeRozan didn't deserve all-star recognition. That was all Casey & Masai?
              I think Casey should have put on warm ups and entered the dunk contest.
              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

              Comment


              • From North Philly to South Philly. He gone.

                https://www.inquirer.com/sixers/phil...-20210225.html

                Comment


                • planetmars wrote: View Post
                  I'm okay with Randle making it.. Vucevic should not have. Sabonis should have gotten in over him.

                  Vucevic - 23.9ppg, 11.7rpg, 3.7apg, 1.1spg, 0.7bpg, 56.5 TS% (team 13-19 record - 12th in conference). 2nd best player: Team Mascot
                  Sabonis - 21.5ppg, 11.6rpg, 5.7apg, 1.0spg, 0.7bpg, 59.5 TS% (team 15-14 record - 4th in conference). 2nd best player: Brogdon (21.6/6.6/4.8)
                  Randle - 23.3ppg, 10.9rpg, 5.5apg, 0.7spg, 0.2bpg, 58.8 TS% (team 15-17 record - 7th in conference). 2nd best player: Thibs

                  ^^^ Added Randle for comparison.

                  Comment


                  • golden wrote: View Post
                    From North Philly to South Philly. He gone.

                    https://www.inquirer.com/sixers/phil...-20210225.html

                    Lots of interesting takes in that article. Even though they'd do the best to make it a good situation for him, I thought this was funny like it's Kyle's decision:
                    "According to sources, those three teams could become potential trade destinations for the former Cardinal Dougherty High School and Villanova standout. That is, of course, if Lowry opts to not finish the season with the Raptors."

                    If it's true that Kyle want $30M X 2 in a new deal, it's even more imperative that we move him. Hopefully, NOT to the Sixers.

                    Comment


                    • Eh, this is the exact scenario (though who knows how much of that report is true) where I would actually consider moving Lowry. Franchise icon, you try to make sure he has another shot at a title if that's what he's pushing for, so long as you actually get value (other team has to play ball). Philly has been like the one team that makes real sense on that front for a while with the value they could move our way in a Lowry deal and their status as a contender AND the perfect fit Lowry would be for them (plus the added bonus of the feel good story of Lowry getting to play at home).
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

                      Comment


                      • DanH wrote: View Post
                        Eh, this is the exact scenario (though who knows how much of that report is true) where I would actually consider moving Lowry. Franchise icon, you try to make sure he has another shot at a title if that's what he's pushing for, so long as you actually get value (other team has to play ball). Philly has been like the one team that makes real sense on that front for a while with the value they could move our way in a Lowry deal and their status as a contender AND the perfect fit Lowry would be for them (plus the added bonus of the feel good story of Lowry getting to play at home).
                        Assuming the details are correct (big assumption there), we think Kyle has his house for sale, he's open to playing somewhere with a better chance at another chip, Raps management is open to moving him if he's half out the door anyways and likely are ready to move on with FVV and Norm over paying a further aging Kyle $30M/yr on a new 2 year deal. I said they could spin this as "doing the right thing for Kyle" months ago and it appears that's the direction they're taking in order to get value back over nothing if/when he walks. It actually saves the team from having to justify letting him walk when in reality, they don';t want him back for 30M imo.

                        Believe it or not, 5 years from now no one will care if we traded Kyle to a preferred destination. They'll care what we got for him....team before individual players.

                        Comment


                        • G__Deane wrote: View Post

                          Assuming the details are correct (big assumption there), we think Kyle has his house for sale, he's open to playing somewhere with a better chance at another chip, Raps management is open to moving him if he's half out the door anyways and likely are ready to move on with FVV and Norm over paying a further aging Kyle $30M/yr on a new 2 year deal. I said they could spin this as "doing the right thing for Kyle" months ago and it appears that's the direction they're taking in order to get value back over nothing if/when he walks. It actually saves the team from having to justify letting him walk when in reality, they don';t want him back for 30M imo.

                          Believe it or not, 5 years from now no one will care if we traded Kyle to a preferred destination. They'll care what we got for him....team before individual players.
                          Oh, if he wants to stay I'd bet they pay him, especially if he only wants a short term deal like that.

                          I disagree with your assessment of the return. Unless they can get a franchise changing talent back, odds are no one will be talking about the Lowry trade down the road in any terms other than looking back at the legacy of how the franchise treats their star players.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

                          Comment


                          • golden wrote: View Post
                            From North Philly to South Philly. He gone.

                            https://www.inquirer.com/sixers/phil...-20210225.html

                            I hope he goes to the Clippers instead.
                            The Lakers is out for the taking this year with AD's unpredictability.

                            Trio of KL-Kawhi-PG will be a great match versus Kyrie-Harden-KD.

                            Comment


                            • Kagemusha wrote: View Post

                              I hope he goes to the Clippers instead.
                              The Lakers is out for the taking this year with AD's unpredictability.

                              Trio of KL-Kawhi-PG will be a great match versus Kyrie-Harden-KD.
                              Clippers have basically nothing to offer. So no thanks.

                              Philly has always been the only destination that makes sense from a) actually being willing to trade for an expiring Lowry, b) the fit for Lowry taking them over the top, c) being a contender destination that gives him a shot at a ring, d) being able to match Lowry's salary in a trade and e) being able to offer real value to the Raptors to convince them to pull the trigger.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

                              Comment


                              • DanH wrote: View Post

                                Clippers have basically nothing to offer. So no thanks.

                                Philly has always been the only destination that makes sense from a) actually being willing to trade for an expiring Lowry, b) the fit for Lowry taking them over the top, c) being a contender destination that gives him a shot at a ring, d) being able to match Lowry's salary in a trade and e) being able to offer real value to the Raptors to convince them to pull the trigger.
                                So, do you still think Lowry is re-signing back with the Raptors in the off-season? Seems pretty remote, IMO. Even Lowry has been quoted as saying that Fred is the future PG of this team and he's really proud of that. The most likely scenario feels like he signs with Philly or another contender..... which would be sad that Toronto fans would never get to see him play his final game as a Raptor.


                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X