No announcement yet.

Who Should Be Traded?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This team will not win a 7 game playoff series with Siakam and Van Vleet as the primary 1-2 scorers.

Trading anyone else except these two will not get this team the 1A scorer.

One has to be traded now when their value is at its peak and their age (Van Vleet just turned 27) and Siakam (turning 28 next month) are still relatively ripe.

Siakam will be earning 33 million next season and Van Vleet will be earning 19.6 million next season.

One has to go for this team to retool.

They have some players that can be added to match any kind of salary.

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post

lonzo, herro, OG, MPJ, zubac + a few picks would be a decent reset.
      Yes I totally agree

That is a very decent reset with few picks to look forward to

Lonzo
      Herro
      OG
      MPJ
      Zubac

and future picks

higher ceiling players that Nick Nurse can work his magic

Comment

• 27 and 28 years old who both have reached their peaks and who will be earning 50 million combined per year are not pieces you would want to hang on to. The margin of error for these two guys are so narrow. One or both has to go.

Waiting for your future MIDDLE first round pick takes 3 to 5 years to fully develop

like beating a deadhorse (unless there is a generational talent waiting and ready to go right off the bat)

By that time...both Siakam and Van Vleet in their 30’s may no longer be that valuable

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
          27 and 28 years old who both have reached their peaks and who will be earning 50 million combined per year are not pieces you would want to hang on to. The margin of error for these two guys are so narrow. One or both has to go.

Waiting for your future MIDDLE first round pick takes 3 to 5 years to fully develop

like beating a deadhorse (unless there is a generational talent waiting and ready to go right off the bat)

By that time...both Siakam and Van Vleet in their 30’s may no longer be that valuable
          Yet both were just given these contracts. In other words paid for what they're supposed to be going to deliver.
          When I suggested the other day that Pascal was likely overpaid now, I as told by another poster that it's better to over pay players than for the team owners to have the money (and ability to pay other players)

Comment

• "Toronto came into the game ranked 29th in defensive rebounding"
            "Raptors send opponents to the line 26.1 times a game, on average. tied for the highest rate in the league – while taking only 21.7 free throws a game, which is 15th"

Shat show....

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Dude, we already have a 24% chance of getting a top 4 pick... as of today. Drop one spot further and that goes up to 37%. Trade Lowry and Norm and I think that becomes almost a certainty of picking higher. I was always anti-tank, but since this season is clearly stacked against us, it might be the time to take a swing at replenishing with some high upside talent. Nobody said anything about trading up... that was your straw man. The lottery odds make it a higher probability of moving up on your own. That would be a double edge gamble, though... that you don’t end up being the sucker team that moves down.

And if we can get another non-lottery pick for Kyle or Norm, then yes, we could package that with our, say 8th pick, and move up to 5th, like the Hawks and Pels trade for DeAndre Hunter, or the infamous Doncic 2 for 1 swap. It happens, bud.

I highly encourage you to take some time to increase your knowledge of things related to the draft.
              Not gonna lie, I was completely unaware Raptors are that close to a high draft pick. I haven't really looked into the lottery this season. I wouldn't be upset if they got a high draft pick. While the full roster is making their way back and will likely start winning some games, who knows how long it takes for Fred, Pascal and OG to get their conditioning back after covid.
              Last edited by A.I; Sat Mar 20, 2021, 11:35 AM.

Comment

This team will not win a 7 game playoff series with Siakam and Van Vleet as the primary 1-2 scorers.

Trading anyone else except these two will not get this team the 1A scorer.

One has to be traded now when their value is at its peak and their age (Van Vleet just turned 27) and Siakam (turning 28 next month) are still relatively ripe.

Siakam will be earning 33 million next season and Van Vleet will be earning 19.6 million next season.

One has to go for this team to retool.

They have some players that can be added to match any kind of salary.

ok but who are you trading those two for?

To me you stand pat get a good draft pick... and pick up a halfway stopgap for center for a year and then go for either myles turner or Zach lavine the next year.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

Not gonna lie, I was completely unaware Raptors are that close to a high draft pick. I haven't really looked into the lottery this season. I wouldn't be upset if they got a high draft pick. While the full roster is making their way back and will likely start winning some games, who knows how long it takes for Fred, Pascal and OG to get their conditioning back after covid.
                  Yep. Some posters (not you, AI) really need to do their homework before spouting off. Fully embracing the tank is a real option this year. In the past, I found that idea thoroughly distasteful, but the Raps have a built-in excuse this year. Even the opposing team commentators are feeling sorry for us. The Spurs had a reason to tank, years ago, and they went for it.

As of today, here are the odds for a top 4 pick, which obviously goes higher for a top 5. Look at how the odds jump if we can "overtake" the Wiz or Cavs. Next game is huge. lol.

Last edited by golden; Sat Mar 20, 2021, 12:02 PM.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

ok but who are you trading those two for?

To me you stand pat get a good draft pick... and pick up a halfway stopgap for center for a year and then go for either myles turner or Zach lavine the next year.
                    One has to be combined with a Lowry who’s 35 or Powell with a 10 million expiring to get maximum return and a possible future pick attached

Raptors wont get max return next year with just one of them as the main piece in a trade when both Powell and Lowry are no longer wearing a Raptor jersey.

This is the trade deadline you can retool the roster.

Toronto is not a tier 1 Free Agent destination. Fans should by now accept that reality.

Nor is there a generational talent worth to tank to get better draft odds. Takes 3 to 5 years for a middling draft to develop.

As I said we have two high salaries guys who are 27 and 28 with little margin of error and has reached their peaks (the CoVid-19 excuse are for losers)

Siakam+Lowry=Simmons
                    Or
                    Van Vleet+Powell=Beal

Comment

• Yee that package ain't gonna do it to get Beal
                      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• But it goes back to Masa’s future commitment to this franchise. Because any deal is possible with him.

MLSE would rubber stamp any major moves knowing Masai’s long term allegiance

Comment

27 and 28 years old who both have reached their peaks and who will be earning 50 million combined per year are not pieces you would want to hang on to. The margin of error for these two guys are so narrow. One or both has to go.

players usually peak closer to 29-32 so they are just entering their prime.

Fred is a GOOD but a tradeable piece but Siakam you keep for now.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

players usually peak closer to 29-32 so they are just entering their prime.

Fred is a GOOD but a tradeable piece but Siakam you keep for now.
                            Then maybe you can start that premise as your foundation of your trade discussion with another team.

trading one of them combined with either a Lowry or Powell will get the max return as I said

Utilize the pan while its hot

Comment

• I wish ppl would think before they write something that is just asinine..I read, get rid of, siakim, Freddy, Og..guys give your head a shake..u don't get rid of guys that brought 2 the dance, champions aren't easy 2 win..when u have those guys, u keep them..ie..Kawli, Green, Gasol, Ibaka..now u gonna loose Lowry and Powell..problem is we have guys who young who have done it and are our core, u keep and build around them..try 2 get that mobile defensive center we lost..c if u can pull another rabbit out of hat and find another kawli, also we need draft superstars, drafting high end players would help..we're not as bad as our record, but definitely the whole covid thing, can't play at home, no jurassic fans, loosing players, doesn't help our young core guys, bc they have do more.
                              "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                              My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
                                I wish ppl would think before they write something that is just asinine..I read, get rid of, siakim, Freddy, Og..guys give your head a shake..u don't get rid of guys that brought 2 the dance, champions aren't easy 2 win..when u have those guys, u keep them..ie..Kawli, Green, Gasol, Ibaka..now u gonna loose Lowry and Powell..problem is we have guys who young who have done it and are our core, u keep and build around them..try 2 get that mobile defensive center we lost..c if u can pull another rabbit out of hat and find another kawli, also we need draft superstars, drafting high end players would help..we're not as bad as our record, but definitely the whole covid thing, can't play at home, no jurassic fans, loosing players, doesn't help our young core guys, bc they have do more.
                                I liked your passion Doc but take it easy on the subtle attacks....

this is not 2K, we are not drafting superstars and we are not again finding the next Kawhi (with an H) and Gasol...

we utilize tradeable and appreciating assets however to get there

Comment

Working...
                                X