Who Should Be Traded?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden wrote: View Post

Yep. Some posters (not you, AI) really need to do their homework before spouting off. Fully embracing the tank is a real option this year. In the past, I found that idea thoroughly distasteful, but the Raps have a built-in excuse this year. Even the opposing team commentators are feeling sorry for us. The Spurs had a reason to tank, years ago, and they went for it.

As of today, here are the odds for a top 4 pick, which obviously goes higher for a top 5. Look at how the odds jump if we can "overtake" the Wiz or Cavs. Next game is huge. lol.

We have some truly horrible teams to overtake for a ultimate draft picks. Some beyond our reach are designed to be horrible and the definition of tanking
    cough *Houston*

Comment

• We're not a FA destination?

Offer them 30M per year and a 20M endorsement deal to stump for Rogers, Bell, SportsNet whoever
      We need a Jimmy Buckets or Brad Beal, B-list superstar

Find a way to bend some rules

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post

Yup, Miami scares me in the offseason as a potential Lowry destination. Nunn and Robinson have really really small cap holds so could totally offer $20 -$25 mill per year let's say 2 year $45 million to Lowry and sign him outright. They would have to let a few guys walk but could retain most of their core. So knowing this, it's unlikely in my opinion they give up Herro when they probably have room to just sign Lowry straight up. And if Herro isn't on the table I'm not interested in trading Lowry there. So I agree Philly is the only trade destination that seems realistic.
        Thats why I think you really play hardball with Philly, cause they have to know Lowry would resign but hes not going for the MLE and likely not choosing them over either Miami and Toronto. Their only other really good option is to use Simmons to get Beal and say what you want but Morey has always tried to win championships. If Lowry wants to go to Philly in the offseason you can probably still get Maxey in a sign n trade. Miami realistically wants another 3&D guy based on the Ariza signing, so wed probably have to make a move with them a three team deal tbh. Yeah Miami is the wild card, but I feel like that makes Philly exploitable. Think there is potential for a mini Holiday style trade of multiple assets in return, Philly is in contention mode and Lowry is such a great fit.

Comment

• if a team trade for Powell... do they have some kind of bird rights or something like that?

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

One has to be combined with a Lowry who’s 35 or Powell with a 10 million expiring to get maximum return and a possible future pick attached

Siakam+Lowry=Simmons
            Or
            Van Vleet+Powell=Beal
            That's too much to give for a non shooting forward.
            I'd rather see a Beal-Siakam duo.

Lowry + Powell for Beal and another piece.

Fred-Beal-OG-Pascal-Chris

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

Yet both were just given these contracts. In other words paid for what they're supposed to be going to deliver.
              When I suggested the other day that Pascal was likely overpaid now, I as told by another poster that it's better to over pay players than for the team owners to have the money (and ability to pay other players)
              Actually I asked you for your plan on how to get better players here to give that money to. Not picking on you, but wasn't surprised at all you had no ideas to offer.

And yes, in the absence of better players I'm all for giving the ones we have that dough. It's not like we overpaying Blake Griffin over here. Pascal still has value around the league and can easily be flipped for other players of his calibre which by the way are making similar $$.

​​​​​​

Comment

• Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
                I wish ppl would think before they write something that is just asinine..I read, get rid of, siakim, Freddy, Og..guys give your head a shake..u don't get rid of guys that brought 2 the dance, champions aren't easy 2 win..when u have those guys, u keep them..ie..Kawli, Green, Gasol, Ibaka..now u gonna loose Lowry and Powell..problem is we have guys who young who have done it and are our core, u keep and build around them..try 2 get that mobile defensive center we lost..c if u can pull another rabbit out of hat and find another kawli, also we need draft superstars, drafting high end players would help..we're not as bad as our record, but definitely the whole covid thing, can't play at home, no jurassic fans, loosing players, doesn't help our young core guys, bc they have do more.
                Kawhi green gasol ibaka got us to the dance. Lowry and pascal are our only starters from that roster.

people value these players way too much. There is no core. This team may not make playoffs

Comment

• If Lowry and Norm walk at the end of the season, what sort of cap space do we have?

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

Actually I asked you for your plan on how to get better players here to give that money to. Not picking on you, but wasn't surprised at all you had no ideas to offer.

And yes, in the absence of better players I'm all for giving the ones we have that dough. It's not like we overpaying Blake Griffin over here. Pascal still has value around the league and can easily be flipped for other players of his calibre which by the way are making similar $$.

​​​​​​
                    If the players aren't worth the contract, hat do we care if the team owners don't pay too much and "keep the money"?
                    If the players aren't here, you don't give them the money

Are you in a union because that's weird attitude that it's OK if we over pay X players because it's better in under performing hands than the owners ....

So every team should spend to the cap regardless of the roster? That's some weird shite right there.

Comment

If Lowry and Norm walk at the end of the season, what sort of cap space do we have?
                      About 19M under I think

Comment

If the players aren't worth the contract, hat do we care if the team owners don't pay too much and "keep the money"?
                        If the players aren't here, you don't give them the money

Are you in a union because that's weird attitude that it's OK if we over pay X players because it's better in under performing hands than the owners ....

So every team should spend to the cap regardless of the roster? That's some weird shite right there.
                        Holy crap, Siakam made a freaking All NBA team. Think for a minute what the perception of this organization would be if we didn't pay him. It's difficult enough for this team to attract high end talent due to location, do you want to add a perception of being frugal and not taking care of our players to that? Even if it was an overpay, which I don't think it was, you still do it with Siakam if only to maintain a solid rep around the league.

And ask yourself why you care so much about owners keeping their money in the absence of better talent to give it to.

Comment

Holy crap, Siakam made a freaking All NBA team. Think for a minute what the perception of this organization would be if we didn't pay him. It's difficult enough for this team to attract high end talent due to location, do you want to add a perception of being frugal and not taking care of our players to that? Even if it was an overpay, which I don't think it was, you still do it with Siakam if only to maintain a solid rep around the league.

And ask yourself why you care so much about owners keeping their money in the absence of better talent to give it to.
                          So again, you actually think all teams should be at the cap, regardless of the roster?

Comment

• Deaner were you against the siakam deal at the time? I dont know too many that were. He was getting a new career high every couple of weeks before the big contract. Seemed like a gimme at the time

Comment

So again, you actually think all teams should be at the cap, regardless of the roster?
                              So again no response and just gonna change the subject huh? Live to complain another day.

Comment

I'm not the person you're asking this but: No. I think that the best Raptors path to better assets is to retain both Lowry and Powell on fair market contracts in the absence of a fair market value trade proposal which is beneficial to the Raptors organization. This would be done with the understanding that Lowry and Powell on appropriate contracts would be movable in the future when a future opportunity arises. Come in under the luxury tax line if you can, but hold on to those assets if you don't get decent value otherwise.

Right now, I don't think we're getting those fair market value offers which are beneficial to us for either player (e.g. Maxey as the only player that is not dead salary coming in from Philly).

Comment

Working...
                                X