Who Should Be Traded?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars wrote: View Post

I'd take the better of the Dallas (currently 20) and NY (currently 16) pick from NY for Norm.. but yup.. that's a sweet deal right there.

I like the Atlanta one that Keon just laid out too. Okongwu and a pick for Norm. Currently at #19 but can move up/down.
    Norm's value is kind of interesting. He has been a bench player for years and over the last season and a half (not counting the bubble), he jumped on to the scene averaging 20+ points a game. If teams believe he can be a top scoring option for them and are willing to let go of a first round pick then thats great. Middling teams like the Knicks and Mavs are the ones you go for. Make them believe adding a 20 PPG scorer can get them over the top.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

Norm's value is kind of interesting. He has been a bench player for years and over the last season and a half (not counting the bubble), he jumped on to the scene averaging 20+ points a game. If teams believe he can be a top scoring option for them and are willing to let go of a first round pick then thats great. Middling teams like the Knicks and Mavs are the ones you go for. Make them believe adding a 20 PPG scorer can get them over the top.
      Him performing the way he has is the only good thing that happened to the team this year. We have to leverage that for a really good return.

Comment

Him performing the way he has is the only good thing that happened to the team this year. We have to leverage that for a really good return.
        OG is good! Fred's stepped up to borderline All-Star level! Chris Boucher arrived!

I know what you mean but there have been a few bright spots, just getting overshadowed by this shitstorm.
        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

But Okongwu has no range and Nurse isn't a big fan of players who can't shoot. He doesn't like to have to play guys in the dunker spot. There's a reason why we ended up with Baynes and Len... because you could park them in the corner and at least be a semi-credible threat.

Which, again, is mind-boggling why we didn't re-sign Ibaka.
          He could develop like Bam did in Miami. Similar dimensions (height/weight) coming out of college. Neither shot 3's.. but Okongwu shot better from the line (72% compared to 65%).

Miami doesn't need Bam to space the floor but they give him the ball to help facilitate so the spacing works better. Nurse did the same with RHJ and it worked.

I'd take a lottery level Bam prototype if it was available. He's probably better than Precious and a lot of guys want him included in a Lowry trade.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

But Okongwu has no range and Nurse isn't a big fan of players who can't shoot. He doesn't like to have to play guys in the dunker spot. There's a reason why we ended up with Baynes and Len... because you could park them in the corner and at least be a semi-credible threat.

Which, again, is mind-boggling why we didn't re-sign Ibaka.
            I doubt Nurse has any say in what free agents Raptors get. They let go of Gasol and Ibaka and at that time Baynes was the best available center (no one knew he would suck as badly as he has). If Raptors get a big man who can't shoot but is athletic and can dunk, Nurse will work around that.

Tough to say Nurse doesn't like dunkers when he hasn't had any to work with. In his time as a head coach, Raptors had no athletic dunkers, Ibaka comes close but he has become more of a stretch big over his career.

Comment

He could develop like Bam did in Miami. Similar dimensions (height/weight) coming out of college. Neither shot 3's.. but Okongwu shot better from the line (72% compared to 65%).

Miami doesn't need Bam to space the floor but they give him the ball to help facilitate so the spacing works better. Nurse did the same with RHJ and it worked.

I'd take a lottery level Bam prototype if it was available. He's probably better than Precious and a lot of guys want him included in a Lowry trade.
              Ball-handling was a gimmick with RHJ for a few games and then it was shelved. Those are where the "dunker's spot" comments came from Nurse lamenting the fact that it was hard to find a place to put RHJ on the floor. Nurse wants to play 5-out as much as possible, so Fred can penetrate and spray to shooters. PnR and dump-offs aren't his strengths.

Comment

• A lot of good stuff in Zach Lowe's column today on Kyle and Norm. Execs around the league have Norm at 20 mil this offseason.

https://www.espn.com/nba/insider/sto...t-likely-deals

If they don't, why wouldn't Philly turn its attention to Powell? Powell is a borderline lock to decline his $11 million player option for next season, raising a pressing dilemma for the Raptors. Powell is going to get capital-P paid; executives expect a $20 million annual salary.

Do the Raptors want to pay him -- making him their fourth high-salaried player going forward? Maybe. They could always try to sign-and-trade him, but that requires Powell's cooperation. Powell is not a playmaker/organizer like Lowry, and maybe that is the skill set Philly craves given Ben Simmons' limitations in crunch time. He's a worse defender than both Lowry and Green. But Powell is clearly reaching a new level as a scorer. His Bird rights have real value.
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Here's one I thought up which nobody is talking about...and rightfully so

Lowry+Powell for Russ.

For Toronto, they get a star that's has term on his contract, a walking triple double that has a lot of qualities a soft team like Toronto needs. May not be the closer we need, but can penetrate with the best and FVV could then focus on shooting instead of getting stuffed at the rim.

For Washington, they can move on from being a crappy team over the cap to just being a crappy team. They can resign Norm and build around Beal.

Crazy or crazy enough to work?!

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                    Here's one I thought up which nobody is talking about...and rightfully so

Lowry+Powell for Russ.

For Toronto, they get a star that's has term on his contract, a walking triple double that has a lot of qualities a soft team like Toronto needs. May not be the closer we need, but can penetrate with the best and FVV could then focus on shooting instead of getting stuffed at the rim.

For Washington, they can move on from being a crappy team over the cap to just being a crappy team. They can resign Norm and build around Beal.

Crazy enough for me to wish there was a downvote button on this site!

Comment

Lowry+Powell for Russ.

9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post

Crazy enough for me to wish there was a downvote button on this site!
                        same

Comment

• Hahaha, I figured.

Comment

Lowry+Powell for Russ.

Crazy enough to even post.

Comment

Lowry+Powell for Russ.

Taking the under on "crazy enough to work" and going all in on crazy.

This deal for the Raps is like getting a herd of goats as part of the dowry... then finding out that you have to fuck that herd of goats first, in church, in front of your family and friends.

So... no.

There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                              - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

Taking the under on "crazy enough to work" and going all in on crazy.

This deal for the Raps is like getting a herd of goats as part of the dowry... then finding out that you have to fuck that herd of goats first, in church, in front of your family and friends.

So... no.

Well Demo, I was the one to call Westbrook for Wall long before it happened if you recall. I basically have the ability to think like some of the worst GM's in the business, which sort of make me a pro.

Comment

Working...
                                X