Who Should Be Traded?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Great One wrote: View Post
    The guy that I want to see them trade is Siakam. Anyone still want to argue with me that he's the 5th best player on the team? You know what I think of the guy. The guy has ZERO competitive fire in him. Guy was a complete non factor in ALL 7 games against the Celtics. Got suspended earlier in the season and came back and was a complete no show. Does this guy have any pride?

And oh, do we even have to talk about how he constantly disappears in the 4th/in the clutch?

As for this whole Nurse/Siakam thing. Siakam should be grateful that Nurse keeps giving the ball to him in a potential game winning shot scenario because if i'm coaching this team he'd be the 5th option. It's not Nurse's fault that Siakam keeps embarassing himself. Shooting a fallaway shot over RUDY GOBERT in the clutch when you're up 3? how dumb is this guy?
    I will bite if we go down that route who can we replace him with?

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

If the Heat offer Herro and the Sixers offer Thybulle, which offer would you take? should be interesting. I'd take the Sixers offer.
      Herro easily. We already have a better thybull in OG. We don't have an isolation scorer 3pt shooter
      To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

Would be surprised if anything happened before Thursday. Raps have no incentive to do anything early.
        I read that tweet and thought “Thursday?” I thought the deadline was tomorrow. My anxiety meter was already peaking

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

There is still a game on Wednesday with the Nuggets, though. Every game is important... only 1 game back of the Cavs. Can’t lose the momentum. Lol.

Would Lowry and Norm even play that game, if we’re still in trade talks?
          It is awkward but I think you have to sit them if you are serious about trades. You can’t have an injury derail a deal.

Comment

• I know some of us see Masai with a superhero lens but while he has had a few blips to blemish his drafting record (which is still awesome), he has always been pretty sharp with trades. And that’s exactly the position he is in now. Worth revisiting a bit

https://www.basketball-reference.com...jirima99x.html

One quirk is that he’s either loyal or is fooled twice signing contracts for Demarre Carroll and Julyan Stone both in Denver and here.

Comment

• I think for me, overall, the best case scenario is we would get the package from Miami with Herro, and somehow some way get Sabonis from Indiana for Norm and something.......we need a big to round it out and still have a decent team now......

Comment

Can we combine them into 1 player?
                Herbulle T?

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

Herro easily. We already have a better thybull in OG. We don't have an isolation scorer 3pt shooter
                  But Herro isn’t really a scorer or a shooter yet, though. He’s briefly flashed some star potential, but he’s brutally inefficient most of the time.

Comment

• Dvdvideo wrote: View Post
                    I think for me, overall, the best case scenario is we would get the package from Miami with Herro, and somehow some way get Sabonis from Indiana for Norm and something.......we need a big to round it out and still have a decent team now......
                    I know this sounds weird but getting a big through a trade would actually make us good. But that’s not necessarily great. Good will get us into a playin game. We are 7th worst in the league. Embrace it. It’s not tanking when you play your whole season as a road trip and get beat up by Covid. Trade for young players or future picks. Try a turn at the lottery. Try to sign a big with our cap space. Back at it next year. I’d tune in to watch Malachi the rest of the year.

Comment

• Potential Lowry trade I like: to Miami plus Terrence Davis, for Andre Iguodala, Mo Harkless, Avery Bradley and Precious Achiuwa, plus Miami's 2025 first-rounder (the first one they can trade). We then turn around and flip Harkless and Bradley to Brooklyn for Spencer Dinwiddie (as Brooklyn has been inquiring with Miami about a Dinwiddie trade for Bradley and Harkless, since Dinwiddie is out for the season and they're all-in) and maybe a second-rounder. Buy out Iggy (nobody's trading for him at $15m) and our haul from the trade becomes Dinwiddie next year, Achiuwa and a first-rounder, which is pretty good return for what is effectively a Lowry sign-and-trade.

I like this better than the Duncan Robinson/Tyler Herro scenarios because I don't think either of them are that good - although if we knew someone looking to get either, you could throw Stanley Johnson into the trade so we can flip them for more value.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post

I know this sounds weird but getting a big through a trade would actually make us good. But that’s not necessarily great. Good will get us into a playin game. We are 7th worst in the league. Embrace it. It’s not tanking when you play your whole season as a road trip and get beat up by Covid. Trade for young players or future picks. Try a turn at the lottery. Try to sign a big with our cap space. Back at it next year. I’d tune in to watch Malachi the rest of the year.
                        I know what you are saying, on the treadmill, etc, but how many teams have said "just blow it up" that are still waiting?
                        It's a game of chance at that point, what you can get now is quantifiable in terms of actual players. Then maybe you add a couple of key pieces in the offseason in free agency. I'd rather be a good team trying to get to great, than a crap team with "some prospects"

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
                          Potential Lowry trade I like: to Miami plus Terrence Davis, for Andre Iguodala, Mo Harkless, Avery Bradley and Precious Achiuwa, plus Miami's 2025 first-rounder (the first one they can trade). We then turn around and flip Harkless and Bradley to Brooklyn for Spencer Dinwiddie (as Brooklyn has been inquiring with Miami about a Dinwiddie trade for Bradley and Harkless, since Dinwiddie is out for the season and they're all-in) and maybe a second-rounder. Buy out Iggy (nobody's trading for him at $15m) and our haul from the trade becomes Dinwiddie next year, Achiuwa and a first-rounder, which is pretty good return for what is effectively a Lowry sign-and-trade.

I like this better than the Duncan Robinson/Tyler Herro scenarios because I don't think either of them are that good - although if we knew someone looking to get either, you could throw Stanley Johnson into the trade so we can flip them for more value.
                          Combine this with something for Norm and you may have something there......

Comment

• Philly beat guys are saying Lowry wants 2 year deal $25 mill per year. Also says Maxey and a pick but no Thybulle is the offer.

https://www.inquirer.com/sixers/sixe...mpression=true

Last edited by Rudy Bargnani; Wed Mar 24, 2021, 06:23 AM.

Comment

• Maxey and a pick is decent return for the last 2 months of Lowry. Of course a lot of junk has to come back in that trade to match salaries.

Comment

We're in the lottery right now, btw, in case you haven't noticed. Dan's assumption is that losing Lowry makes us worse. Some people feel that Lowry is somehow holding us back, based on our record without him. So this scenario is specifically addressing Dan's assumption that if we lose Lowry then we'll either hold our position, or likely drop in the standings. It all comes down to how much you really believe in the FVV/OG/Siakam core. The reality is without the surprising Kobe'esque breakout of Norm and the amazingly efficient impact of Boucher, that core would be legitimately a 9-12th place team. Norm and Boucher were found money, so let's be real... other than one prescient poster on here who predicted both guys would breakout if used properly.

The main oversimplification is that we'd move up in the lottery all the way to 4th, but that is actually easier than in previous years, since they changed the odds.
                                It’s 3 times more likely they stay where they are in the lotto than jump to 4th. And that assumes a 7th spot. If they slide even a little, it rapidly gets to more like 8 times more likely they stay pat that jump.

My assertion is that they will be worse than they are, not worse than their current record. Even with everything they have been a .500 team by point differential. And the assumption would be they don’t replicate having no training camp to start, or losing the entire core for two weeks to COVID or the few games thereafter to the after effects thereof. If they do nothing their record moving forward would be far better than their record to date. So, if they get worse by trading Lowry, their record moving forward will be worse - worse than it would have been. Not worse than the context filled nightmare of a season to date has produced.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X