OG
    3.23%
    Siakam
    6.45%
    Baynes
    54.84%
    Boucher
    6.45%
    Last edited by Yuri Gagarin; Tue Jan 19, 2021, 07:17 PM.

Wheres the rest of them?

Comment

Only allowed that many options

Comment

Someone voted to sell high on Boucher and doesn't like Flynn lol

Comment

TD and Powell and Baynes are my votes.

But I wouldn't bet on it.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Don’t we need to know who we’re trading for?

Fred + Powell + picks for Beal would be my choice.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post

Thatd be sweet but reckon theyd get better offers

Comment

I guess look at it like guys you would most aggressively shop 😜

Comment

Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post

Thatd be sweet but reckon theyd get better offers
                  Everybody keeps telling how great FVV is, so I’m assuming they’d be all over it.

Comment

1. Siakam(not likely)
                    2. Powell
                    3. Lowry
                    4. Baynes

Mamba Mentality

Comment

Nobody, there's no one of value we can get, just make this core competitive and hope that a star FA will join us in 2022/23. The draft is too much of a lottery, what we have to do is to remain competitive.
                      Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

I can see an argument for every player on this team.. so it depends on how you want the Raptors to play out this year, and next year.

The big name is Kyle Lowry. Trading him is a sure fire way of getting worse since he's our best player. But he's 34 and might leave next season.. which would add another big name that we lost for nothing if it happened. But he's also the GROAT and there might be an emotional attachment there (there is for me, and I usually don't let emotions dictate how a team should handle their business).

I for one thing this team is a good center away from upsetting a team in the playoffs, and battling hard in the second round. Sort of like what Miami did last year. Nets and Bucks look fierce for sure, but I'm willing to battle them out even if we have an inferior team. I trust Tolzman to find a guy even if we don't have a better draft spot.

So I'm against trading Kyle Lowry. We might lose him for nothing, but that is not something I want to plan for. I know it will suck to lose him that way, but I'm okay with that. At best he'd get us a mediocre first round pick. A Flynn level prospect basically.. meaning good but not elite. And the losses we pile up wouldn't get us to a great pick.. maybe we miss the playoffs, but we'd still get something like pick 13 or 14 which is still sort of meh. There will be a lot of "I told you so's" if Lowry is not traded and he walks in free agency. But that's fine with me.. I can live with it.

So swinging for a win now trade.. the best asset we have that has money is Norm. Makes about $11M. Has a player option that he will probably opt out of. So again could be part of our old core that leaves for nothing. Not having a great season, but did well against the Mavs. We have plenty of depth at the guard position so he can be redundant even though he probably is better than the guys we have (Davis/Thomas/Flynn/Bembry).

With losing Len now, we really need a guy that can grab boards, play big and can shoot the occasional 3. My ideal trade is for Larry Nance Jr from Cleveland who now have a plethora of bigs including Drummond, Love, Allen and McGee. Nance is averaging about 43% from 3 this year. He's a jack of all trade big. And has a reasonable deal (2 years remaining after this one, and his contract decrements each year). If the Cavs are parting with Porter Jr, then picking up Norm could be a good swap. Could be a win-win for both clubs. They probably love Nance though. But it's still weird they traded for Allen then.

Long term.. I'd like to move Fred for a better player. Fantasy style trade would be Fred and pieces for Beal. Or Fred and pieces for Lavine. A shooting guard that is bigger/taller that you can play next to Lowry and that can manufacture buckets when a team needs one. I'm willing to lose some of Fred's defense for a better scorer.

But really nobody is untouchable for the right offer.

But for me it's Norm #1, Fred #2.

PS - Baynes is a no brainer. But not sure he has any value, even though he can be an expiring contract.

Comment

this onell be controversial, but Fred is better than Lavine and probably will cost 10 million less after next year. Like you can make a championship team with Fred on his contract, I dont think a Lavine team will ever get farther than the second round.

Trade targets I see are Aaron Gordon, Pj Tucker, Nance and John Collins. Probably all too pricey so we are looking at mediocre rotation guys who dont play playoff minutes but such is life. Norm, TD and Baynes have good contracts though so maybe Webster and co find something.

Comment

Everybody keeps telling how great FVV is, so I’m assuming they’d be all over it.
                            A player's value and trade value are two different things, and can vary wildly.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                              this onell be controversial, but Fred is better than Lavine and probably will cost 10 million less after next year. Like you can make a championship team with Fred on his contract, I dont think a Lavine team will ever get farther than the second round.

Trade targets I see are Aaron Gordon, Pj Tucker, Nance and John Collins. Probably all too pricey so we are looking at mediocre rotation guys who dont play playoff minutes but such is life. Norm, TD and Baynes have good contracts though so maybe Webster and co find something.
                              The best use of FVV's salary would be to use it in combination with other pieces + picks to get a real superstar. Then you can backfill Fred's ideal role on a championship team (backup combo guard) with a cheaper veteran like Patty Mills, who is basically Fred's doppelganger.

Comment

Working...
                              X