Who Should Be Traded?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LJ2 wrote: View Post

That's what I mean he's terrific at getting his own stats, but it never translates to team wins. Once again the Wiz are at the bottom of the East.
    They've had their last 4 games at least postponed, let's see how he goes with Westbrook but here he would immediately be the number one option and take the pressure off Pascal.

Beal, Lowry and Siakam would be a top 3 Eastern team
    Beal, Siakam, FVV and OG would be a helluva lot better than this team

And he's only 27, fits perfectly with our core.

Comment

That's what I mean he's terrific at getting his own stats, but it never translates to team wins. Once again the Wiz are at the bottom of the East.
      Same was said about Anthony Davis not too long ago. And pre-Miami Lebron. And Dirk. And KG...., etc...., etc...

Comment

his stats are added to teams boxscore too. If his team can't help him how it is his fault.

What does that say about Siakam? He can't get his and his team is losing?
        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

I'm not a big fan of the 'this guy can't/doesn't win' stuff. A lot of being successful is simply being in the right place at the right time. Very few players can create their own situations (Lebron and arguably Durant and Kawhi) and be held solely responsible for the results.

Comment

Offense has become so underrated. Would love a guy that can create (and make) his own shot.

Comment

Lowry could be a good fit in Utah, giving them another scoring option and some leadership. Conley, pick(s), Azubuike coming back

Comment

big boi wrote: View Post
                Lowry could be a good fit in Utah, giving them another scoring option and some leadership. Conley, pick(s), Azubuike coming back
                Utah is on fire and Conley has been great. Not sure why they would trade him and give up other assets.

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
                  I'm not a big fan of the 'this guy can't/doesn't win' stuff. A lot of being successful is simply being in the right place at the right time. Very few players can create their own situations (Lebron and arguably Durant and Kawhi) and be held solely responsible for the results.

Conversely, certain role players often get more credit for winning.... especially championship role players. Some of those championship role players are savvy enough to turn that excess credit into big contracts: Mosgov, Delly, Siakam, FVV,...

Comment

G__Deane wrote: View Post

They've had their last 4 games at least postponed, let's see how he goes with Westbrook but here he would immediately be the number one option and take the pressure off Pascal.

Beal, Lowry and Siakam would be a top 3 Eastern team
                    Beal, Siakam, FVV and OG would be a helluva lot better than this team

And he's only 27, fits perfectly with our core.
                    That first line would indicate you moved FVV and OG for Beal. Not even sure that gets the deal done with OG's extension not yet kicked in, but we would be moving two of our best 3&D's. I'd expect any improvement on offense to be more than conversely impacted by a poor defense.

Second scenario would indicate Lowry for Beal which obviously never happen without sending WAS all our picks for...ever. I also have doubt that Beal would drive wins more than Lowry who impacts so many facets of the game.

There is being better and being good enough to compete for deep playoff runs/championships. If you wish to be as good as we were in the DeMar days then by all beans make the trade.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post

Conversely, certain role players often get more credit for winning.... especially championship role players. Some of those championship role players are savvy enough to turn that excess credit into big contracts: Mosgov, Delly, Siakam, FVV,...
                      A rising tide floats all boats.....

Comment

Same was said about Anthony Davis not too long ago. And pre-Miami Lebron. And Dirk. And KG...., etc...., etc...
                        You're seriously going to compare Beal to those guys? Maybe Dirk, but his teams were 50 win teams while we was in his prime and was basically unguardable. Those other guys were/are elite two way players, with Beal you can stop all conversations at his defense.

I'm sure he can help a team like Miami that is already quite complete, but Toronto has a way to go before adding someone like Beal puts them over the top.

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post

Utah is on fire and Conley has been great. Not sure why they would trade him and give up other assets.
                          Did realize Jazz on fire, didn't realize Conley had been good this year. I do think Kyle's offense would help provide another needed threat though. Jazz still likely the 3rd favourite in the West behind Lakers and Clips. They need more (or different) than they currently have to be able to compete with those 2 teams at the end of the day.

Comment

You're seriously going to compare Beal to those guys? Maybe Dirk, but his teams were 50 win teams while we was in his prime and was basically unguardable. Those other guys were/are elite two way players, with Beal you can stop all conversations at his defense.

I'm sure he can help a team like Miami that is already quite complete, but Toronto has a way to go before adding someone like Beal puts them over the top.
                            It's the idea that all those guys were criticized as being "non-winners", relative to their stats and performance is the same. Of course Beal isn't in their class, but 30ppg and the ability to create your own shot when it matters, is no joke. The lack of fear and physical skill to score when everybody in the building knows you are taking that shot is exactly the offensive spine this Raptors team needs.

The other factor that everybody discounts is coaching. Scott Brooks is a guy who once had Westbrook, Harden, Durant and Ibaka on his team. And he insists on starting Thabo Sefolosha and Kendrick Perkins against the Heat when they go small. Scott Brooks is a terrible coach. Westbrook is a terrible fit on most teams. That's not Beal's fault.

Comment

It's the idea that all those guys were criticized as being "non-winners", relative to their stats and performance is the same. Of course Beal isn't in their class, but 30ppg and the ability to create your own shot when it matters, is no joke. The lack of fear and physical skill to score when everybody in the building knows you are taking that shot is exactly the offensive spine this Raptors team needs.

The other factor that everybody discounts is coaching. Scott Brooks is a guy who once had Westbrook, Harden, Durant and Ibaka on his team. And he insists on starting Thabo Sefolosha and Kendrick Perkins against the Heat when they go small. Scott Brooks is a terrible coach. Westbrook is a terrible fit on most teams. That's not Beal's fault.
                              I dunno Goldie, those guys were perennial top 10 MVP candidates in their prime. Beal can't even get in the All Star game unless someone is injured.

Comment

I dunno Goldie, those guys were perennial top 10 MVP candidates in their prime. Beal can't even get in the All Star game unless someone is injured.
                                Because All-Star voting and coaches selection is bullshit. It's definately not based on merit
                                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Working...
                                X