Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kagemusha wrote: View Post

You mean LeBron?
    There were rumours of a Kuzma- Ben swap.
    Add Simmons to the Lakers and they will dominate for years.
    That deal makes no sense for philly, unless there is a bunch of draft picks included that can then be traded for an actual all star level player. The process cant go on forever and kuzma doesnt help enough.

Comment

Shredder wrote: View Post
      I can't believe I'm writing this but I would trade Lowry for Simmons. Lowry gets to go home, and we get a player, that although has apparent flaws, is young with a lot of talent/upside.

In a separate trade if we can somehow get Allen from the Cavs for something like Johnson or McCaw, that would be huge.

pg VanVleet
      SG Simmons
      SF OG
      PF Siakam
      C Allen

That is a defensive juggernaut on paper. Long, fast, like to play downhill.
      I don't know why Masai couldn't have got involved for Allen in stead of Cleveland getting him. For that matter, I have no idea what Masai/bobby have been doing for the last month or more

Comment

G__Deane wrote: View Post

I don't know why Masai couldn't have got involved for Allen in stead of Cleveland getting him. For that matter, I have no idea what Masai/bobby have been doing for the last month or more
        Same.
        Seems to me that Masai has become a bit too pre occupied with other stuff (the court case and some social justice nonsense)
        that he failed to focus on the management part of basketball.
        Dude not only missed out on Allen, but also failed in re signing Serge by failing to read what Marc Gasol really intended to do.
        He also failed on reading Giannis.
        Masai should get back to work, seriously.
        WTF is he doing?

Comment

Front offices probably go through hundreds of trade scenarios. Either Raptors didn't want to give up a first round pick or Nets chose to send him to Cleveland. Trades require 2 or more teams to agree on it.

Just because we don't hear everything Masai/Bobby does doesn't mean they aren't doing their jobs.

Comment

A.I wrote: View Post

Front offices probably go through hundreds of trade scenarios. Either Raptors didn't want to give up a first round pick or Nets chose to send him to Cleveland. Trades require 2 or more teams to agree on it.

Just because we don't hear everything Masai/Bobby does doesn't mean they aren't doing their jobs.
            OK but they're not doing a great job the last while.

Let both Serge and Gasol walk, signing Baynes and Len and then releasing Len for nothing isn't exactly awe inspiring; it's subtraction by subtraction.

Comment

Hmm, considering the Cavs' role in that trade was being able to absorb an extra ~10M in cap compared to what they sent out, I wonder why the Raptors, who are over the cap, could not do that? Hmmmmmmmmmm...
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

OK but they're not doing a great job the last while.

Let both Serge and Gasol walk, signing Baynes and Len and then releasing Len for nothing isn't exactly awe inspiring; it's subtraction by subtraction.
                Kind of hard to judge those moves since they were never made with this season in mind. This season (and last season frankly) were always going to be holding pattern seasons where they figure out what they have. Learning the limitations of these players is just as valuable as finding out their ceiling. Sometimes you have to take away the safety net of a Gasol or Ibaka to find that stuff out.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Cleveland traded a first in that trade. You guys would flip if Masai traded a first. Further, half the team can’t get traded until Feb/March.

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post

Hmm, considering the Cavs' role in that trade was being able to absorb an extra ~10M in cap compared to what they sent out, I wonder why the Raptors, who are over the cap, could not do that? Hmmmmmmmmmm...
                    Pretty sure that's why it's called a trade.....Hmmmmmmmmmm... we would have had shed some additional salary with it. No one said it had to be the exact trade

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

Pretty sure that's why it's called a trade.....Hmmmmmmmmmm... we would have had shed some additional salary with it. No one said it had to be the exact trade
                      The entire point of the Cavs being involved in that trade was to be the team that absorbed salary, and their price was Allen. How on earth could we fill that role in the trade if we need to shed salary?

And why would those teams agree to not make that blockbuster trade just because we want Allen? Please don't trade him to the Cavs so they will help you out in acquiring James freaking Harden, pretty please. Please let that deal fall through so you can trade him to us instead - for what exactly, I don't know, something as valuable as Harden I presume.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• And that’s why having cap space is always a good thing.
                        There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                        - TGO

Comment

• We are what 16 games in if a trade is not made this week. This is our roster for the year.

IMO everyone is on the market except OG and Pascal unless there is a real piece we need.

teams always trade players from the east coast to west coast. So the teams we can trade too are sac NO, Spurs, GS, Hou,...

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
                            We are what 16 games in if a trade is not made this week. This is our roster for the year.

IMO everyone is on the market except OG and Pascal unless there is a real piece we need.

teams always trade players from the east coast to west coast. So the teams we can trade too are sac NO, Spurs, GS, Hou,...
                            Yes, teams never make trades after a) the first threshold when many free agents become trade eligible, nor after b) the second threshold when re-signed free agents become trade eligible, and c) I have certainly never heard of a team waiting until the trade deadline to make a trade. That would be craaaaaaaaazy.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Yes, teams never make trades after a) the first threshold when many free agents become trade eligible, nor after b) the second threshold when re-signed free agents become trade eligible, and c) I have certainly never heard of a team waiting until the trade deadline to make a trade. That would be craaaaaaaaazy.
                              I actually respect your knowledge Dan but again, don't have your first go-to be a douchy reply. People are going through all kinds of shit with health concerns, employment concerns, kids home from school, separated families etc and we don't need RR to become tweeter-shit-on-everyone's comments for recreation.com

jmo....

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

What are those dates, btw? I think I read February 20th? Key dates to watch, for sure.

Comment

Working...
                                X