Who Should Be Traded?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars wrote: View Post
    Still think the Warriors are the team to call. A package around Wiggins and a draft pick for Lowry I think would work well for both teams (and Lowry).
    i think the warriors might prefer to hang on to wiggins the way he is playing. that's a really good starting 5 if klay returns in reasonable health and wiseman develops as projected. what are they trying to accomplish this year anyways, aside from developing wiseman and have some of their younger players build chemistry with steph and draymond?

maybe they have financial incentives to make such a trade but i struggle to find a basketball reason.

Comment

Green/Scott/Thybulle and some $1.5M contract can get it done. That's two expiring contracts and a prospect, plus a fourth player we can just waive. Masai could squeeze a draft pick or ask for their 2020 pick (Maxey) as well. Philly also has a couple of TPE's so we can send 1 or two players back if we're over the roster limit with the trade.

Philly is doable without having to take on Harris' contract. If the goal is to just get a pick/prospect combination for Lowry then a Philly trade can work.
      Okay, that's better than the Dallas deal with Thybulle coming back. Not exactly awe inspiring, though, is it?

Maybe that's because we know there are 29 teams that would love to have the guy but the actual potential market for him is like 4 teams....

Comment

• Don't we have an entire separate forum for trade proposals?

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

Okay, that's better than the Dallas deal with Thybulle coming back. Not exactly awe inspiring, though, is it?

Maybe that's because we know there are 29 teams that would love to have the guy but the actual potential market for him is like 4 teams....
          That's what it keeps coming back to. There really are no win-win deals out there for Lowry... this season. The timing is bad.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Mavs were not so patient in the Dirk era. They would chase every B-list free agent and overpay past-prime guys like: Chandler Parsons, Harrison Barnes, Wes Mathews, Deron Williams, Javale McGee.

Cuban loves to be relevant. I mean they made a big splash with the Porzingis trade, and he's been out more games than he's played. Mavs are a potential candidate to be fleeced, but I don't think they have any good picks or prospects, unfortunately.
            Lowry for Porzingis? Mavs gave Porzingis the max. If they get buyers regret they can trade him for a future HOFer that would be great next to Doncic. Sounds ridiculous on the surface since Lowry might walk at the end of the year. Plus he's 34 and Porzingis is only 24. But yeah if the injury thing is pissing off Cuban he has a way to fix that mistake now.

Also Porzingis did have Toronto on his trade wish list out of NY.

When healthy our starting 5 would be pretty set defensively:

Porzingis/Siakam/OG/Norm/FVV with Boucher off the bench. Not much leadership though.

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post

i think the warriors might prefer to hang on to wiggins the way he is playing. that's a really good starting 5 if klay returns in reasonable health and wiseman develops as projected. what are they trying to accomplish this year anyways, aside from developing wiseman and have some of their younger players build chemistry with steph and draymond?

maybe they have financial incentives to make such a trade but i struggle to find a basketball reason.
              You can never believe it all but based on the language coming out of GSW, Wiggins isn't going anywhere. I'm frankly not sure what a Lowry deal gets them basketball-wise. Wiggins is guarding the opponents' best players and has been doing it well, plus, he is making threes and just overall his court game is so much better and he is so much more engaged. If they trade him that leaves Oubre in that role and, well, yeah....

Comment

Lowry for Porzingis? Mavs gave Porzingis the max. If they get buyers regret they can trade him for a future HOFer that would be great next to Doncic. Sounds ridiculous on the surface since Lowry might walk at the end of the year. Plus he's 34 and Porzingis is only 24. But yeah if the injury thing is pissing off Cuban he has a way to fix that mistake now.

Also Porzingis did have Toronto on his trade wish list out of NY.

When healthy our starting 5 would be pretty set defensively:

Porzingis/Siakam/OG/Norm/FVV with Boucher off the bench. Not much leadership though.

Porzingis is a good player to have, but problem is he is made out of glass.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

Porzingis is a good player to have, but problem is he is made out of glass.
                  Good challenge for Alex McKechnie lol

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

You can never believe it all but based on the language coming out of GSW, Wiggins isn't going anywhere. I'm frankly not sure what a Lowry deal gets them basketball-wise. Wiggins is guarding the opponents' best players and has been doing it well, plus, he is making threes and just overall his court game is so much better and he is so much more engaged. If they trade him that leaves Oubre in that role and, well, yeah....
                    Meh, we've seen a month or two of "engaged Wiggins" before. His mindset is like Bargnani, so I'd be surprised if it lasts. That said, other than 3P%, his efficiency stats look pretty much the same this year, as his entire career. Amazing how the bar for him has dropped so low for Wiggins, such that just being at league average TS%, is perceived as great for a max player who once was viewed as the next Jordan/Lebron.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Meh, we've seen a month or two of "engaged Wiggins" before. His mindset is like Bargnani, so I'd be surprised if it lasts. That said, other than 3P%, his efficiency stats look pretty much the same this year, as his entire career. Amazing how the bar for him has dropped so low for Wiggins, such that just being at league average TS%, is perceived as great for a max player who once was viewed as the next Jordan/Lebron.
                      it's not great value for a max player, but if he can play the OG role as 3rd/4th option on offense next year and keep it up on the defensive end it is worth it for them as long as they can afford it as they could be back to contender status.

and i don't think anyone who saw him in college thought he was the next coming of MJ or lebron. maybe casuals in this country

Comment

• Cleveland trades Andre Drummond and receives Danny Green, Norman Powell, Patrick McCaw
                        Philadelphia trades Danny Green, Seth Curry, Mike Scott and receives Kyle Lowry (+ Dellavedova?)
                        Toronto trades Kyle Lowry, Norman Powell, Patrick McCaw and receives Andre Drummond, Seth Curry, Mike Scott

Of course, picks could be included in this deal as well

Comment

• Ben simons for Lowry or Fred and parts either way. I know the rule is always trade east to west coast but I feel this is a win win. Daryl has history with Lowry. We need to get bigger. Lowry is a winner, we need to get bigger.

get me Ben add sac into the trade get me Woodard, keep Matt Thomas, OG, and siakam. And find me a Center this season or next and we can contend

Comment

• Why would the Sixers even consider trading for a 35 year old expiring contract for their second superstar of their team. They have the best record in the East with a legitimate chance to contend for a Championship, illogical for them to fix something that aint broken.

This thought process that Lowry is a Philly guy and that the Sixers are drooling for his services is a bit misplaced.

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
                              Why would the Sixers even consider trading for a 35 year old expiring contract for their second superstar of their team. They have the best record in the East with a legitimate chance to contend for a Championship, illogical for them to fix something that aint broken.

This thought process that Lowry is a Philly guy and that the Sixers are drooling for his services is a bit misplaced.

I don't see a Ben/Lowry swap ever happening.. but just having the best record in the East doesn't mean anything (look at Milwaukee the last two years, or Toronto the year before that). Philly roster is still a bit unbalanced IMO.

They probably don't give up Ben.. but they might give up a couple of prospects like Thybulle and/or Maxey for him. If Rivers has a say he'd package them up so quick and send them off for a vet like Kyle.

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
                                Why would the Sixers even consider trading for a 35 year old expiring contract for their second superstar of their team. They have the best record in the East with a legitimate chance to contend for a Championship, illogical for them to fix something that aint broken.

It was more likely last year when the Sixers were disappointing again. Right now they are winning and Embiid is back to beast mode. Lowry's return would likely be a younger player with upside and a decent pick or two (mid-late first round included) plus some garbage expiring to balance things off. Not a rotation piece.

Comment

Working...
                                X