Who Should Be Traded?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TomAmnot wrote: View Post
    I think we could go after Bjelica if they give us a pick for, say, Powell. Thoughts?
    He's such a bad defender I just don't see the point.

Comment

• I'm not actually on the Beal hype train, so that affects who I'd be thinking of moving. I don't think Beal is enough less flawed than Siakim to build a trade around that basis - and I think any trade which doesn't include Siakam doesn't get past the initial discussion. If you're not moving Siakim, then it's likely a combination of Powell/Johnson/Boucher for salary matching, anyone from the end of the bench if someone's looking to do a pawn-for-pawn exchange that the braintrust likes, or Lowry if there's a godfather offer out there.

As for Beal... right now, I think I'd actually prefer trying to acquire Derozan over Beal - he's less expensive, able to facilitate, and a decent rebounder for his position - and he fits the culture, and can take the pressure of being the number one scorer of off Siakim.

Derozan's salary means that we would need to give up quite a bit just to make the salaries work out, but we could do it without giving up any starter except our 6th starter Powell if San Antonio was willing to waive players to make roster spots.

There's also possibly an interesting win-now trade that you might be able to build on a base of Lowry/Powell/(one of Johnson or Boucher)/sweetener for Derozan/Aldridge... though I would want to see how we stack up against the big three of the Nets on defense before going all in on that option.

Comment

• There's a chance the any DeRozan return would team chemistry as he and Kyle alienate thru buddy ball again. You can't go home.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
          There's a chance the any DeRozan return would team chemistry as he and Kyle alienate thru buddy ball again. You can't go home.
          Now we both are communicating, sober and in agreement .

But in all seriousness, no to the regular season phenom who cannot shoot 3 and cannot defend an inanimate object.

As the great deaner just stated, “you just cannot go home”

Comment

• Keep an eye for Mo Bamba from Orlando..As for Bradley Beal, price is high, raptors are interested, but not what the wizards want...Also another team 2 watch, Dallas Mavericks..there might be some movement with raptors and mavericks.. down the road.
            "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
            My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
              Keep an eye for Mo Bamba from Orlando..As for Bradley Beal, price is high, raptors are interested, but not what the wizards want...Also another team 2 watch, Dallas Mavericks..there might be some movement with raptors and mavericks.. down the road.
              Is Mo Bamba enough of an upgrade or even an upgrade at all based on his body of work to date over Chris Boucher ?

It will cost something to get him.
              Its going to be hard for Orlando to just toss Bamba aside like extra napkins at Starbucks.
              He did go 6 overall only two drafts back.

Anyone have an idea on what price Orlando would want for him ?
              There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
              - TGO

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

Now we both are communicating, sober and in agreement .

But in all seriousness, no to the regular season phenom who cannot shoot 3 and cannot defend an inanimate object.

As the great deaner just stated, “you just cannot go home”
                Trying out DeRozan again would represent such a massive step backwards, I wish I wouldn't keep hearing Raptors fans pining after his 2 pt offence. Team finally won by filling the roster with guys who can shoot and defend. Why go backwards.
                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

Is Mo Bamba enough of an upgrade or even an upgrade at all based on his body of work to date over Chris Boucher ?

It will cost something to get him.
                  Its going to be hard for Orlando to just toss Bamba aside like extra napkins at Starbucks.
                  He did go 6 overall only two drafts back.

Anyone have an idea on what price Orlando would want for him ?
                  there was a ringer article recently about the tough spot he (and other bigs in analogous situations) were in trying to develop on a team that was trying to win games. he has a coveted skillset but is raw. i'd be into taking a flyer for the right price, given our track record with developing players, but i think the way orlando's season is going they'd be smarter to sell on vets like vucevic and see what they have in some of their younger players. so i don't imagine he'd come as cheaply as he might have if they didn't get hit with the injury bug and were still in the playoff mix.

Comment

• Vucevic, any way we could get him?

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post

Trying out DeRozan again would represent such a massive step backwards, I wish I wouldn't keep hearing Raptors fans pining after his 2 pt offence. Team finally won by filling the roster with guys who can shoot and defend. Why go backwards.
                      Nurse loves his guys to have 3 & D ability. That's pretty much the anti-DeMar.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post

People wanted Vince back for the longest time and he trashed the team on his way out. So you won't stop hearing about it until he retires or he actually does come back.

Comment

• TomAmnot wrote: View Post
                          Vucevic, any way we could get him?
                          eh, i'd be more excited about bamba actually. (neither excite me too much)

Comment

Summarizing the impossible but hope is eternal possibility...

Van Vleet+Powell+Raps 2021 FRP unprotected

for

Beal+Wiz 2021 FRP unprotected

Lowry
                            Beal - test core
                            OG - core
                            Siakam - core
                            Baynes

* 2021 Wiz FRP

Lowry+Siakam

for

Simmons+Seth+Green

Simmons - core
                            Van Vleet - core
                            Danny
                            OG - core
                            Baynes

* 2021 Raps FRP
                            Bobby?

Comment

Bobby?
                              both trades are decent.. i'd prefer the first.

Comment

• Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post

Except he shoots waaaay better
                                In 3pt %, yes. However their points per game, rpg, assists per game, 2pt % all almost identical as an average over careers.
                                Last edited by Dvdvideo; Sun Feb 7, 2021, 04:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X