No announcement yet.

Who Should Be Traded?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apparently Raps are interested in Drummond!!

Comment

• TomAmnot wrote: View Post
      Apparently Raps are interested in Drummond!!
      A Raps-Cavs-Sixers deal is one of the few trades that can be executed financially and makes sense for all teams. Would have to get the Sixers FRP as a bare minimum, even though it would be kinda crappy. Cavs probably get the Sixers 2RP, which is the price they paid to get Drummond in the first place.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

A Raps-Cavs-Sixers deal is one of the few trades that can be executed financially and makes sense for all teams. Would have to get the Sixers FRP as a bare minimum, even though it would be kinda crappy. Cavs probably get the Sixers 2RP, which is the price they paid to get Drummond in the first place.
        Wonder if New Orleans would have any interest in Lowry (and vise versa)? Lowry and Davis for Redick/Bledsoe/Hernangomez and a FRP (ideally New Orleans, and not an LA or Bucks pick).

Hernangomez would be a pretty decent big to help us out for the year. Bledsoe's contract is the only one that carries into next season.

Comment

• what would that even consist of?

Comment

• Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
              I don't see the appeal for the Raps. He's a 10 year vet and not going to change his game and start shooting 3's or become a facilitator. If Siakam is the guy you're committing to as the number one option on offense then you can't go clogging up the paint with a guy whose bread and butter comes from being parked there. Love would be the guy I could see fitting in more, but he's on the downside of his career and injury prone.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

I don't see the appeal for the Raps. He's a 10 year vet and not going to change his game and start shooting 3's or become a facilitator. If Siakam is the guy you're committing to as the number one option on offense then you can't go clogging up the paint with a guy whose bread and butter comes from being parked there. Love would be the guy I could see fitting in more, but he's on the downside of his career and injury prone.
                Well, 19 PPG and 14 rebounds, he's kinda a massive upgrade over Alex Len and would give us a better shot against Giannis an Embiid.

Who would have to move for salaries?

Comment

• At 28M you would have to move Norm, SJ, Baynes, McCaw to get him. If you don't want to lose one of Lowry VV, Siakam

Comment

• And then a second or two

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
                      At 28M you would have to move Norm, SJ, Baynes, McCaw to get him. If you don't want to lose one of Lowry VV, Siakam
                      That's what is always so funny about these "X team is interested in _ player"
                      We get to just add up our worst players in a package

Notice McCaw is always in every trade lol

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

That's what is always so funny about these "X team is interested in _ player"
                        We get to just add up our worst players in a package

Notice McCaw is always in every trade lol
                        tbf in the year 2021 even Norm and Stanley Johnson are probably more useful to more teams than Andre Drummond. But most Raptors trade proposals I see are expirings for expirings except like you say one team is getting worse. Like almost every proposal I've seen for Lowry has a worse expiring player coming back for Lowry. Why would Toronto ever do that.
                        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post

tbf in the year 2021 even Norm and Stanley Johnson are probably more useful to more teams than Andre Drummond. But most Raptors trade proposals I see are expirings for expirings except like you say one team is getting worse. Like almost every proposal I've seen for Lowry has a worse expiring player coming back for Lowry. Why would Toronto ever do that.
                          lowry ain't going anywhere unless it is for picks.. which i dont see happening except MAYBE a contender... which even then doesn't make sense salary wise... its tough...

and shipping out lowry to get back drummond makes me want to barf....

drummond would be a fun experiment but ultimately wouldn't really tip the scales at all...and would come with its own set of issues.. he also makes too much money.. unless we get a first from Cleveland which i doubt.

as some pointed out only norm + filler would get us there.. but then we run into the issue of depleting our bench and bench scoring.... for drummond. I dont see that being a smart move.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post

I mean, if the Raps like Drummond that much they can be the highest bidder this offseason anyway.

And look, pretty much any deal for Lowry makes the Raps objectively worse cause the motivation is to 'get something back' so as not to lose him for nothing as a free agent. No one has presented any sort of actual basketball trade that makes the Raps better- it's all variations of getting the least worst deal, asset management and the supposed long-term benefits....

Comment

• Im not sure what we would give up but Drummond gets a bad rap imo. He has his flaws but points and boards is something we could use at C. Maybe a few extra minutes for Bouch at pf. Hear about Drummonds defence but he gobbles boards. Eliminating some second chance points counts as D to me. Again itd depend what we give up. Have a feeling this is gonna go through any minute. Trust in Masai

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

I mean, if the Raps like Drummond that much they can be the highest bidder this offseason anyway.

And look, pretty much any deal for Lowry makes the Raps objectively worse cause the motivation is to 'get something back' so as not to lose him for nothing as a free agent. No one has presented any sort of actual basketball trade that makes the Raps better- it's all variations of getting the least worst deal, asset management and the supposed long-term benefits....
                                as crazy as it sounds i'd rather let him walk or try to resign him for a generous 4 years at 10 per year flat.

Comment

Working...
                                X