Who Should Be Traded?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

He said we wouldn't need to trade Fred OG or Siakam. I assume he has Lowry going out in a Simmons trade.
    He Also said Kyle and Ben can play 1-3

Comment

• Kyle Lowry, facts are facts..this will be his last year in raptors uniform, raptors should trade him, bc he aint coming back when he hits free agency, trade him and get assets, this is business, think about your franchise. Better get something than nothing, with him were not winning a championship, bc that is our goal, it's not just making the playoffs, u want 2 contend and we're not even close, so yeah..I'm the biggest Lowry fan, but Masai gotta do the right thing.
      "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
      My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
        Kyle Lowry, facts are facts..this will be his last year in raptors uniform, raptors should trade him, bc he aint coming back when he hits free agency, trade him and get assets, this is business, think about your franchise. Better get something than nothing, with him were not winning a championship, bc that is our goal, it's not just making the playoffs, u want 2 contend and we're not even close, so yeah..I'm the biggest Lowry fan, but Masai gotta do the right thing.
        I forget exactly where we stand on cap space, but people forget that it’s also an asset (that doesn’t have to be spent on free agents).

Comment

• Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
          Kyle Lowry, facts are facts..this will be his last year in raptors uniform, raptors should trade him, bc he aint coming back when he hits free agency, trade him and get assets, this is business, think about your franchise. Better get something than nothing, with him were not winning a championship, bc that is our goal, it's not just making the playoffs, u want 2 contend and we're not even close, so yeah..I'm the biggest Lowry fan, but Masai gotta do the right thing.
          I was hearing he sold his Toronto home.
          we let gasol walk, ibaka walk, kawhi walk, if we are serious about long term success we have to know when to trade our players.

also this 3 guard front, two point guard thing needs to end and end soon. Unless Flynn turns into chris Paul I don’t like our guard setup or Center set up for the future.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

They can guard those positions did you know Anderson played point guard at UCLA guess who was the shooting ? Norman Powell

stanley Johnson went to Arizona you know who was the best player on that team Zeus kaleb tarczewski. You may not agree but I don’t speak just to speak.

Comment

• Lowry should go to a contender and we should try to get someone that aligns better with our younger core. I love Lowry, and if behind closed doors he says he wants to stay, help rebuild and someday move into a coaching position, scrap everything I'm about to say. However if he is going to walk at the end of the year, we should try to get some assets.

I saw one scenario where Lowry went to Miami, if we involved Cleveland, we could potentially go

Miami: Lowry, Nance Jr

Cleveland: Iguodala, Harkless

Toronto: Allen, Olynyk, Herro

Works in trade machine. Obviously there might have to be some picks moving hands, but I think this allows Miami to get another bulldog to pair with Butler, it allows Cleveland to double down on their young guards, and also have a bunch of major expiring contracts in the next couple years that allows them to tank and get better through the draft (which a small market team typically needs too). Finally it gives us a sniper 2 guard to pair with FVV, a young mobile centre in Allen, and a decent Canadian.

Comment

• Shredder wrote: View Post
                Lowry should go to a contender and we should try to get someone that aligns better with our younger core. I love Lowry, and if behind closed doors he says he wants to stay, help rebuild and someday move into a coaching position, scrap everything I'm about to say. However if he is going to walk at the end of the year, we should try to get some assets.

I saw one scenario where Lowry went to Miami, if we involved Cleveland, we could potentially go

Works in trade machine. Obviously there might have to be some picks moving hands, but I think this allows Miami to get another bulldog to pair with Butler, it allows Cleveland to double down on their young guards, and also have a bunch of major expiring contracts in the next couple years that allows them to tank and get better through the draft (which a small market team typically needs too). Finally it gives us a sniper 2 guard to pair with FVV, a young mobile centre in Allen, and a decent Canadian.
                It looks good but if you were Cleveland why give up Allen and nance for soon to retire iggy and harkless I love my St. John’s guys but he ain’t that good

Comment

Lowry should go to a contender and we should try to get someone that aligns better with our younger core. I love Lowry, and if behind closed doors he says he wants to stay, help rebuild and someday move into a coaching position, scrap everything I'm about to say. However if he is going to walk at the end of the year, we should try to get some assets.

I like Nance more for Toronto. He's a young PF that can play the 5 in most small ball line ups. Has a 3pt shot now, and is just a hustle guy which is what our team loves to bring in.

I don't think the Cavs want to move Allen.. they traded a FRP for him (Bucks '22 pick). They won't just get rid of him for aging expiring contracts.

Comment

• I wonder what the pacers would want for turner, if they are even interested in moving him? If cap space was a priority, it might not be difficult to swing a 3 team trade with philly.

Raps would get Turner from Indy, and scott and ferguson and a 2nd rounder from philly.

6ers would get lowry and thomas from the raps.

Indy would get green and howard and a 1st from philly.

Where Lowry is expiring I question whether we can get a "haul" for him as some believe. He is the best player in the deal though, so maybe we deserve more draft compensation. Scott and ferguson are filler and unlikely to play, so basically lowry for turner and a 2nd. That does seem a little weak, but Turner is just 24 and 3 years remaining (including this one) at a reasonable 18M per. Hes young, decent contract and borderline all defence. Pretty typical for a big on offence while shooting 33% from 3 on the season and 35% career.

The tough part with trading with philly is matching lowrys salary. They have to give up alot of players to make it work. They have 4 players going out, which is why I threw in thomas so they might have another useful body coming back to make the deal more palatable. Add curry and the number of bodies outgoing can be reduced to 3, but I think keeping Curry would be appealing for philly.

And Indy. I'm not sure what they would want. Is cap space and a 1st enough, especially considering that 1st will be well out of the lottery? That doesnt really seem like a trade that makes them better. Moving turner for expirings also doesnt give them much space next offseason. They will be sitting at around $100M, with a glaring hole at C. I get the sense they would be satisfied with sabonis at C, but nontheless they would still have hole to fill, needing to replace sabonis at PF.

Raps:

Turner, siakim, OG, powell, fvv with baynes, boucher, bembry, watanabe, davis and flynn rounding out the bench.

Philly:

Embiid, harris, simmons, curry, and lowry, with a bunch of young guards and wings rounding out the bench. They need another big body.

Pacers:

Sabonis, warren, lamb, lavert and brogdan, with mcD, mcC, holiday and howard rounding out the bench. They could use a lengthy PF/SF type to sandwich between sabonis and warren, and get lamb back on the bench. Is that something they can address in the offseason with their limited cap space?

After writing all this out, doesnt seem like a good trade, but I am certainly intrigued by turner but not overly enthusiastic about trading lowry.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

ahhhh true.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

I like Nance more for Toronto. He's a young PF that can play the 5 in most small ball line ups. Has a 3pt shot now, and is just a hustle guy which is what our team loves to bring in.

I don't think the Cavs want to move Allen.. they traded a FRP for him (Bucks '22 pick). They won't just get rid of him for aging expiring contracts.

True, but is Allen a unrestricted or restricted free agent? Also the trade works without Cleveland, we would just need to take on Igoudala.

Comment

True, but is Allen a unrestricted or restricted free agent? Also the trade works without Cleveland, we would just need to take on Igoudala.
                          He's an RFA.. so Cavs can match any offer. So it's really all about Herro for Lowry than. Which I'm fine with, but it doesn't solve our center issue.

Comment

• MCcaw back on the court practising..good god, god help us,his alive..now we can turn are attention 2 his lazy punk a@@ and not baynes..right..
                            More midget basketball, can u plz make a trade and get some help down the middle,wtf..I'm pretty sure u could package something with..mccaw,stanley,davis,powell,baynes,thomas..dr aft picks..or whatever, just get a big man that can play,so sick of watching this team playing hard and getting out sized and out rebound from other team.
                            "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                            My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post

Where Lowry is expiring I question whether we can get a "haul" for him as some believe. He is the best player in the deal though, so maybe we deserve more draft compensation. Scott and ferguson are filler and unlikely to play, so basically lowry for turner and a 2nd. That does seem a little weak, but Turner is just 24 and 3 years remaining (including this one) at a reasonable 18M per. Hes young, decent contract and borderline all defence. Pretty typical for a big on offence while shooting 33% from 3 on the season and 35% career.
                              You're absolutely right on the bold. There will be a lot of emotional value from this board attached to Lowry that doesn't reflect his actual trade value because he'd be a playoff rental this season (if there was to be a trade). He's an elite PG with a 2-3 yrs left of high-end ball that can push a contender to the finals/title, but he's also 35 next month, and is a free agent after this season.

That means other teams can either (a) just wait to get him in free agency or (b) offer a decent package now (but far from a "haul") so they could get him for a playoff run.

Raptors as a team need to figure out which of these options they want to take:

(a) Trade him for a realistic pick/prospect package with salary matching (no haul), which will reflect the risk of him walking away in the summer from the team that got him.

(b) Go toe-to-toe with other teams seeking him in free agency to match their offers and spend a lot (he'll have suitors because he's now the best 2021 free agent and that will drive the price up)

(c) Just go on plain hope that Lowry will want to stick around on our non-contending roster on a friendly deal (less money). That's what many people with a sentimental view are hoping, but frankly it's not realistic. Lowry will take the best combination of winning situation, cash & term (here or elsewhere), like every free agent in history.

(d) let him walk for nothing as the 5th champion out the door with nothing back, because whatever package that came before the trade deadline wasn't deemed good enough.

This could be a forum poll.

I'd go with option A, get some prospect/picks back even if it's not a stellar 'haul", then use those assets plus some assets of our own to get whatever best player is available out there to help us win and balance our roster, both in terms of positions and age of the core.

Wasn't the idea to save cap space and "make a splash" in 2021 all the way back when they timed the Derozan/Lowry extensions? Let the man go compete and get another bag somewhere else, then later build a statue here and give him a TV or a coaching job here if he wants to. Now it's time to focus on the team, and as much as we all love Lowry that's what needs to be done.

Comment

• If Lowry was going to re-sign here as a FA (he's going for the biggest $$ which I don't want to pay him) then he's resign here after we trade him, to pick up with this team plus whatever we got for him in the trade.

We're not going anywhere this year and it appears, Masai/Bobby aren't able to make any moves so that changes.
                                It's a no-brainer .... trade Lowry as a favor to him and to make the team even marginally better in the mid term.

Comment

Working...
                                X