No announcement yet.

Who Should Be Traded?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not sure Drummond would solve any of our problems or just fix one while causing another. But the Drummond trade wheels are moving (whether it involves us or not)

Comment

• Shams isn't really saying much other than the Raptors have interest.. I'm just not seeing a viable package that can bring us back a $28M player. If it means losing Norm or Lowry I'd want way, way more.

Comment

• Here is the quote from Sham's piece:

The Raptors and Cavaliers are engaged in active talks on a deal that would send Drummond to Toronto/Tampa, sources tell The Athletic. Discussions between the two sides have occurred in the last few days, and Drummond was pulled from the lineup in Sunday’s game against the Clippers due to “rest” with Cleveland on a back-to-back at the Clippers and the Warriors on Monday. Multiple sources told The Athletic that Drummond was pulled from the lineup also in part due to his “attitude and play” recently, and sources say Cavaliers coach JB Bickerstaff has had multiple sit-down conversations with the big man.
        I guess when there is fuel there is fire.. but this one can really backfire on the Raptors. Can't remember a time they blew a trade so have to just hope for the best here.. but I really hope they go a different direction.

Comment

• Maybe this is all a smoke screen for getting Magee. Not sure he’s the answer either

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
            Shams isn't really saying much other than the Raptors have interest.. I'm just not seeing a viable package that can bring us back a $28M player. If it means losing Norm or Lowry I'd want way, way more.
            I'd be pissed if they were sending Lowry to the Cavs. That's no way to treat the GROAT.

Comment

• It's really tough to make the salaries work on a Drummond trade involving players I want to give up for him. I also have a hard time trading Powell away for a center with there being uncertainty with Lowry's future. If we knew Lowry was returning that would be one thing. But if we lose Lowry and Powell in the next 6 months that is a big hole in the backcourt.

Edit--I'd rather have Ibaka and the stuff we have to give up than Drummond.
              Last edited by Rudy Bargnani; Mon Feb 15, 2021, 12:38 PM.

Comment

• http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yxvdx7op

Hey we want to compete or nah? I do think this would help us. We're 29th in the rebounding category.

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
                  It's really tough to make the salaries work on a Drummond trade involving players I want to give up for him. I also have a hard time trading Powell away for a center with there being uncertainty with Lowry's future. If we knew Lowry was returning that would be one thing. But if we lose Lowry and Powell in the next 6 months that is a big hole in the backcourt.

Edit--I'd rather have Ibaka and the stuff we have to give up than Drummond.
                  Not getting Ibaka was mind-boggling. He's almost the perfect modern stretch 5. It must have reeeeally pissed Serge off that the Raps even thought of having him come off the bench backing up Gasol, after Marc crapped the bed in the playoffs. Nurse just has a hard-on for unathletic, high IQ players.

Feels like Masai/Bobby completely misread that situation, as Serge is a guy that wanted to be in Toronto and was a big part of the team culture.

Comment

• and of course Lowry is trending on twitter

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

I'd be pissed if they were sending Lowry to the Cavs. That's no way to treat the GROAT.
                      Lowry, if traded, would end up on a 3rd team and we'd move the assets to Cleveland. But even then we have to look at what the Cavs sent to Detroit for Drummond in the first place. It was Brandon Knight, John Henson and a 2023 second round pick.

It was an ugly trade of expiring contracts and a throwaway pick. Drummond never really improved his market. If anything it should be lower since he's an expiring contract and could leave in free agency.

So having to give up someone like Norm or even Lowry (to a third team say) would be a bad move, unless we can get better assets. Drummond isn't worth dismantling the team for.

Comment

• A little Harden/Davis-esque

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

2 words .... 3 way

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

2 words .... 3 way
                            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• I don't know if Drummond is the answer here either but our rim protection and rebounding is bottom level horrible.
                              And if he somehow goes somewhere else in the East to a good team, he'll destroy us in the playoffs.

Comment

• Biggest problem with Drummond is that he can’t control himself on offense. He thinks he’s a guard and tries these ridiculous crossovers and skill stuff that never works. If he could be happy with like 15% USG, lob dunks and put backs, he would fit in just fine.... but he won’t.

Comment

Working...
                                X