Who Should Be Traded?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RaptorsVictim wrote: View Post
    The real problem in my opinion in this issue is its pure business trend. I mean people talk about trading Lowry and they do not know that this might be a very big psychological hole in our franchise for the short term.
    The man who helped you to win a title and is still playing like a star gets traded ?
    Do not blame Carter or T Mac then.
    Lowry's situation is different. Raptors are not contending, and unless we draft a tide-turner, Lowry will not have a realistic chance to win another title here in his career. Him going to a contender is a win for Lowry, and a win for the contender. It could also be a win for the Raptors if nets us pick or prospect that can help in the future. If he walks for nothing in free agency though, then we are left holding the bag, just like with Kawhi, Danny, Gasol, and Ibaka, which would then literally be 5 out of the 8 rotation players that won the championship with absolutely nothing in return.

Trading Lowry is by no means intended to do him dirty, on the contrary, it's to help him go win while he's still playing at a high level, while helping us rebuild and recoup some value for the greatest raptor ever.

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post

Lowry's situation is different. Raptors are not contending, and unless we draft a tide-turner, Lowry will not have a realistic chance to win another title here in his career. Him going to a contender is a win for Lowry, and a win for the contender. It could also be a win for the Raptors if nets us pick or prospect that can help in the future. If he walks for nothing in free agency though, then we are left holding the bag, just like with Kawhi, Danny, Gasol, and Ibaka, which would then literally be 5 out of the 8 rotation players that won the championship with absolutely nothing in return.

Trading Lowry is by no means intended to do him dirty, on the contrary, it's to help him go win while he's still playing at a high level, while helping us rebuild and recoup some value for the greatest raptor ever.
      ^This
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
        Drummond is worth almost nothing. Last time he was traded it was for Brandon Knight and filler. Yeah.

​​​​​They're not getting guys of Powell or Lowry's calibre and there's a pretty good chance he just gets bought out imho.

He's also 5% worse on FG at the rim than Baynes so that's pretty hilarious.
        man how is that even possible?

Comment

• So Drummond is likely in the move and Griffin is going to be traded or bought out.
          Even of neither is a perfect fit for the Raptors why do I feel each will go to a strong team to make them stronger?

If Griffin is bought out, he'll go chase a ring for sure.

That's what also sucks about being a middling team each year; the veteran buyouts that can help you in the post season always go to one f the top teams to ring chase.

Comment

• We are not trading Lowry to Cleveland maybe Powell.
            why does Bobby want Drummond?

Comment

• They only way Drummond gets traded to the Raptors is part of multi-team deal that sends Lowry to a contender and brings back picks and prospects for Toronto. Toronto are not buyers in any Drummond trade, and will not sacrifice any assets in one. They will be sellers looking for picks. Drummond is a salary match who happens to also fill a need for Toronto.

Comment

• I have a feeling they do nothing or a very minor deal so they can say they didn't do anything.
                Personally, I would move on Lowry and roll with FVV and Powell unless you know Kyle will come back on a much reduced number....which he won't.

Comment

• Something would easily work with Philly, Drumond to Toronto, Lowry to Philly, Green and filler to Cleveland, picks and prospects coming back to Toronto.

Morey has always liked Lowry, he's from Philly, and would be better in the rotation than Green in a win-now season for the sixers.

Comment

• Quirk wrote: View Post
                    Something would easily work with Philly, Drumond to Toronto, Lowry to Philly, Green and filler to Cleveland, picks and prospects coming back to Toronto.

Morey has always liked Lowry, he's from Philly, and would be better in the rotation than Green in a win-now season for the sixers.
                    that is what i think will happen

Comment

• Again. What is the point of exchanging Lowry for Drummond?

unless you believe in the winning record without Lowry. I still think he drives much of the good that is there.

Last edited by Jclaw; Tue Feb 16, 2021, 12:52 PM.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                        Again. What is the point of exchanging Lowry for Drummond?
                        None, drumond is there to match Lowry's contract, the trade would be for *picks and prospects*

Comment

• Presumably the Raptors prefer to Drummond to Green and Scott or whatever Philly would be sending out, since he's not good, but does actually fill a need.

Comment

• Quirk wrote: View Post

None, drumond is there to match Lowry's contract, the trade would be for *picks and prospects*
                            Is any of the 76ers prospects worth lowry though??

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                              Again. What is the point of exchanging Lowry for Drummond?

unless you believe in the winning record without Lowry. I still think he drives much of the good that is there.

You also do this if you're pretty sure Lowry is walking. Which I'm pretty sure he is unless we over pay by a wide margin.

Kyle has his house on the market and has already had his agent write a tearful goodbye tweet.....thanks for everything, always have a place in my heart, back for my statue blahblahblah

Comment

• If they trade Lowry i'm pretty sure it's not going to be for Drummond.
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X