No announcement yet.

Who Should Be Traded?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am mentally prepare for where we are now as a team.

We are middling, Drummond doesn’t put us over the edge...so why trade for him? Get something for Lowry whether that’s a draft picks or player.

We need to get bigger to play players like Flynn or Thomas the rest of the team needs to be big.

whatever happens it needs to be soon my raps are not that fun to watch right now

Comment

• We started the season with a poorly constructed team....

Flynn - Guard
      Van Vleet - Guard
      Lowry - Guard
      Harris - Guard
      TD - Guard
      McCaw - Guard/ Small Forward
      Powell - Guard/ Small Forward
      Watson - Guard/ Small Forward
      Bembry - Guard/ Small Forward
      Stanley - Guard/ Small Forward
      OG - Small Forward/ PF
      Watanabe - PF
      Siakam - PF/ Center
      Boucher - PF/ Center
      Baynes - Center
      Len - Center (gone)

Team may win a game here and there against contending teams but in a seven game series against the top dogs, they are legitimate road kill. Yet they are too far off to tank to get in the top 5 pick position.

If they retained Serge, and consolidate assets to trade for a fringe star before the deadline, they maybe closer to winning a second round series...then go from there...because anything can happen when you go past the 2nd round.

BUT right now, they are a middling team on a crossroad of which path to take before the deadline.

Fair game to blame Masai Ujiri and Bobby Webster at this point.

Comment

• I'd at least like to see Masai or Bobby make some comment on where they see the team right now, tell us their alive. They need to own this situation.

Did Bobby even do a presser after his contract or was it forgettable?

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
          I'd at least like to see Masai or Bobby make some comment on where they see the team right now, tell us their alive. They need to own this situation.

Teams don't do press conferences to tell that team is doing bad lol. The only team that did it was Knicks when GMs was trying to save his ass
          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Teams don't do press conferences to tell that team is doing bad lol. The only team that did it was Knicks when GMs was trying to save his ass
            GMs and team presidents don't do press conferences about the state of a team before the halfway point of a season unless the wheels are completely falling off and people are getting fired.

Like, what are the first questions? Press would assume blood is in the water. "Is Nurse in trouble" would be questions #1, 2 and 3. Then it would be whether Lowry is getting traded and for what. Then who else is getting traded? Then who has been the biggest disappointment.

Total disaster where you end up throwing coaches and players under the bus.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Presser for Bobby's contract .....

Comment

Yes, cause you have a very particular, limited news item to announce and talk about that has to do specifically with the front office and you know the press wants to ask questions and you are the only people that can answer. Qualitatively different than a wide-ranging state of the nation address.

Comment

“I think everyone knows what Bobby brings to our organization: intelligence, poise, and creativity,” Raptors President Masai Ujiri said. “I’m very pleased that our team will continue to benefit from his many skills for seasons to come.”

“It’s great to be able to continue the work of building the next Raptor championship team – a goal which is part of our organizational DNA,” Webster said. “I’m grateful to Larry Tanenbaum, MLSE ownership and leadership, our great players and staff, and the people of Toronto for making this my home for the past years, and for the future.”
                  General fluff
                  Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Could be wrong but I don't think teams really do front office related pressers during the season, it usually happens in the off-season.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                      Could be wrong but I don't think teams really do front office related pressers during the season, it usually happens in the off-season.
                      They may also do them post trade deadline. But not always.

Comment

I'd at least like to see Masai or Bobby make some comment on where they see the team right now, tell us their alive. They need to own this situation.

What "situation"? We are the one of the proudest, most successful organizations in not just the NBA but NA professional sports over the last 7.5 years. I wish I could do anything as poorly as Masai Ujiri is doing running this basketball team.
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

What "situation"? We are the one of the proudest, most successful organizations in not just the NBA but NA professional sports over the last 7.5 years. I wish I could do anything as poorly as Masai Ujiri is doing running this basketball team.
                          Fire.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

Key word there is "supposedly". Two top 10 players, both in their primes could have been Raptors and Masai didn't pull the trigger? Seems hard to believe considering how difficult it is to get even one top 10 player to Canada. More likely to me is that both these guys whom happen to be LA natives wanted to go home.
                            Yeah, not only is "the Raptors could have had PG + Kawhi" pure speculation, the rumour was likely put out by the players' camps for negotiating leverage. I have a really hard time believing there was anything there given everything we saw from Kawhi during that season and offseason - that guy was pretty clearly set on going to LA.

Also, even in that hypothetical the Raptors would have been gutted, now and for the next 5-7 seasons, for that 2 year Kawhi + PG pairing. How good are Kawhi + PG without enough help? Well, 50% of the returns are in and they're as good as a second round exit. Which is...exactly how good the Raptors were without making the deal last year. Only the Raptors haven't spent 7 years of first round draft picks to tread water.

Obviously this team with a Kawhi resigning and most of the in-house talent on board would have been awesome. But we have zero indication that option was ever in play. Kawhi was going to LA and leveraging the offseason to get PG there with him. That's what happened.
                            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

The team won a chip two years ago, finished second overall and went to game 7 in round 2 last year, and fans were right pissed 10 games into this season with the state of the franchise. I honestly don't understand it. Go to McDonald's or something. If you want what you want in 5 minutes or less, you're not getting it on demand in a 30 team pro sports league.

Like you said - Raptors as an organization are currently on one of the most successful streaks in the NBA by regular season wins, playoff wins, and with the chip. The fanbase has honestly gotten a bit spoiled. Enjoy the ride.
                              Last edited by S.R.; Thu Feb 18, 2021, 02:39 PM.
                              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post

Yeah, not only is "the Raptors could have had PG + Kawhi" pure speculation, the rumour was likely put out by the players' camps for negotiating leverage. I have a really hard time believing there was anything there given everything we saw from Kawhi during that season and offseason - that guy was pretty clearly set on going to LA.

Also, even in that hypothetical the Raptors would have been gutted, now and for the next 5-7 seasons, for that 2 year Kawhi + PG pairing. How good are Kawhi + PG without enough help? Well, 50% of the returns are in and they're as good as a second round exit. Which is...exactly how good the Raptors were without making the deal last year. Only the Raptors haven't spent 7 years of first round draft picks to tread water.

Obviously this team with a Kawhi resigning and most of the in-house talent on board would have been awesome. But we have zero indication that option was ever in play. Kawhi was going to LA and leveraging the offseason to get PG there with him. That's what happened.
                                If I recall, the rumor wasn't just PG either, OKC wanted to throw in Westbrook as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X