Who Should Be Traded?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A.I wrote: View Post

If I recall, the rumor wasn't just PG either, OKC wanted to throw in Westbrook as well.
    That's right, I remember that report. And to make Westbrook's huge salary work, we probably have to trade Lowry as well. So the championship team would be almost completely gutted. Trading Lowry one year after DeRozan would probably be an emotional breaking point for Masai.

So the championship team would go from:

2019: Lowry, Green, Kawhi, Pascal, Gasol + (Serge FVV, OG, Norm)

2020: Westbrook (or CP3), Green, Kawhi, PG, Gasol + (Boucher, Norm, RHJ, Stanley, Thomas, Davis)

That's still a legit championship team, tbh, with the ability to pickup the best FAs for cheap to fill out the bench. And we could flip Westbrook for CP3.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

That's right, I remember that report. And to make Westbrook's huge salary work, we probably have to trade Lowry as well. So the championship team would be almost completely gutted. Trading Lowry one year after DeRozan would probably be an emotional breaking point for Masai.

So the championship team would go from:

2019: Lowry, Green, Kawhi, Pascal, Gasol + (Serge FVV, OG, Norm)

2020: Westbrook (or CP3), Green, Kawhi, PG, Gasol + (Boucher, Norm, RHJ, Stanley, Thomas, Davis)

That's still a legit championship team, tbh, with the ability to pickup the best FAs for cheap to fill out the bench. And we could flip Westbrook for CP3.
      "Emotional breaking point"? LOL, he's not a teenage girl, he's Masai effing Ujiri and he wouldn't have a problem with doing what is best for business.

Personally, whether it was Westbrook or CP3 I don't see Masai turning down adding a bunch of superstars to the roster if he knew they were committed. That's why I think the stories are just that and too good to be true. Kawhi was going to end up in LA, and PG wanted to be with Kawhi.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

"Emotional breaking point"? LOL, he's not a teenage girl, he's Masai effing Ujiri and he wouldn't have a problem with doing what is best for business.

Personally, whether it was Westbrook or CP3 I don't see Masai turning down adding a bunch of superstars to the roster if he knew they were committed. That's why I think the stories are just that and too good to be true. Kawhi was going to end up in LA, and PG wanted to be with Kawhi.

There are a lot of reports and rumors around the Kawhi situation, like Uncle Dennis making ridiculous demands if Kawhi committed to the Raptors, Kawhi never wanted to re-sign, Kawhi wanted to re-sign but ultimately chose LA and so on.

Comment

• Great to see the gang is still here. I took a break from RR and we ended up winning a championship AND we didn’t tank to do it .

Just signed in to say hi fellas. Keep up the discussions.

Comment

• I would like to be a fly on the wall right now. There are good players out there. Why haven’t we made a move?

Comment

• via pointsbet as of February 18

Odds to trade for Andre Drummond
              Raptors +225
              Mavericks +300
              Celtics +400
              Hornets +550
              Knicks +550
              Nets +700
              Warriors +800
              Blazers +850
              Clippers +1000
              Lakers +1000
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Any chance Lowry gives us Tobias Harris?

Comment

• Or Murray...

Comment

• TomAmnot wrote: View Post
                    Any chance Lowry gives us Tobias Harris?
                    Funny how Tobias Harris and Julius Randle were 2 of the worst NBA contracts last year, but this year they are both all-stars. What's the difference? Both have new coaches. People say that coaching doesn't matter in the NBA, but coaching, role, system and opportunity can change a player's rep & value almost overnight.

Comment

• I wanted randall since he played like a man among boys at the nike hoops summit in 2013. There were a lot of opportunities to get him cheap too.

Comment

Funny how Tobias Harris and Julius Randle were 2 of the worst NBA contracts last year, but this year they are both all-stars. What's the difference? Both have new coaches. People say that coaching doesn't matter in the NBA, but coaching, role, system and opportunity can change a player's rep & value almost overnight.
                        Coaching definitely matters. That is why, although I'm not a fan of Drummond, if we do get him, I'll wait and see what he can do before I judge him.

Grass is greener is true for some people.

Comment

I will bet you that neither Tobias Harris nor Julius Randle make the all star team this year. If I’m right you make you signature “Fred Van Vleet is a great player and very underpaid.” For 30 days.

Comment

• So Cousins is now officially available, and we have a free roster spot since Len left. Should we take a flyer? He's not great, but probably better than Baynes. Not sure about his defense which is pretty important, but OG/Pascal can cover up a lot of his issues.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

So Cousins is now officially available, and we have a free roster spot since Len left. Should we take a flyer? He's not great, but probably better than Baynes. Not sure about his defense which is pretty important, but OG/Pascal can cover up a lot of his issues.
                              I think in the right situation, he's better than 9.4 points and 7.6 rebounds per game. And I think he still commands respect physically.
                              But as usual, he's probably leaving for a shot at a ring and will end up with lakers clippers or nets

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

I think in the right situation, he's better than 9.4 points and 7.6 rebounds per game. And I think he still commands respect physically.
                                But as usual, he's probably leaving for a shot at a ring and will end up with lakers clippers or nets
                                I don't think he's a fan of Harden based on some post game comments he had earlier in the year. Not sure either LA teams needs him.. both already have 2 centers, and Cousins could be looking for playing time. I mean he's already done the ring chasing thing with GSW.

Either way.. the only real big we need to defend in the East is Embiid.

Cousins played against him 3 days back. Joel had a 31/11/9 game. But Boogie had a 19/8/4 game and was -4.

In our one game earlier this year... Joel had a 29/16/4 game. Baynes put up 2/6/1 and was a -13

Comment

Working...
                                X