Who Should Be Traded?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chris wrote: View Post

for whom? a bunch of bozos on an internet message board discussing hypotheticals as armchair GM's? because i'd bet a pretty large sum that raptors management did not turn to each other at any point in the first 10 games and say "cleveland is gonna be a problem, we better hit the reset button now."

tanking with this squad and this coach especially is a complete non-starter. you'd have to fire nick. he could probably coach the 905 to the play-in. nobody knows that better than management.

and i don't think the way the east is shaking out is particularly surprising at all. i had the bucks in a tier of their own and a second tier 6 teams deep that could finish in any order. turns out it's the nets in their own tier, but a bunched up group in the next tier is exactly what's shaping up. the middle class is currently a little larger and there's been some weirdness with scheduling and covid, but i would guess that top 7 will separate themselves a bit and that miami will join it at some point. the raptors being right in the thick of it in a reasonably open east was pretty predictable, is my point. they were bound to take a bit of a step back without replacing ibaka or gasol, but the team and the coach are too good not to be in the middle of things.
    Nothing personal.. but you engage in these monday morning qb debates as well as everyone else. Its the essence of sports and sports fans.
    We talk about what we think will make the team we cheer for better and closer to winning a championship.
    There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
    - TGO

Comment

• TomAmnot wrote: View Post
      So apparently Mavs are testing the market for Kristaps. Did not think he was a possibility, but could he be a good option to go along with OG and Siakam in the frontcourt? With Boucher as their primary backup/6MOY, of course.
      Yeah.. if its true... does a red flag pop up when the Zinger is now being shopped by a thrid team inside of 5 years ?
      I'd steer clear of him.
      - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

Nothing personal.. but you engage in these monday morning qb debates as well as everyone else. Its the essence of sports and sports fans.
        Vijay Singh >>> Peter Stastny
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Vijay Singh >>> Peter Stastny
          Peterborough >>> Calgary
          - TGO

Comment

Peterborough >>> Calgary
            Peterborough? Is that where you stop to gas up and take a dump between Toronto and Ottawa?
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

We'd really only need KP to stretch the floor and protect the rim. He can do both of those things. And he excels in the mid-range pick & pop, like Serge, which is one area you can get open shots in the playoffs.

I mean, you're not getting Jokic or a top 5 draft pick for a Lowry rental, so what are we even talking about here?

Think about this deal:

To Mavs: Lowry, Powell, Thomas
              To Raps: KP, Richardson, Burke

Roster:

PG: Burke / FVV
              SG: J-Rich / TD
              SF: OG / Bembry
              PF: Pascal / Boucher
              C: KP / Baynes

That's a pretty deep and balanced team right there.
              What we're talking about is the team probably just wanting to re-sign Lowry long term unless they can make a significant upgrade by going another route. KP doesn't cross that line for me.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Peterborough? Is that where you stop to gas up and take a dump between Toronto and Ottawa?
                Thats Kingston.
                Federal pen as well.
                So Trudeau won't have to be driven to far.

- TGO

Comment

We talk about what we think will make the team we cheer for better and closer to winning a championship.
                  of course i know that and i love bullshitting about sports as much as the next poster here. the post i quoted seemed to imply that tanking was seriously considered beyond some bullshitters on the internet, and i was just bullshitting that that, in my opinion, was bullshit.

Comment

• Porzingis is a bum, say no to KP.

Comment

• The Mavs don't really have any assets. Definitely no to Porzingis. Dude is ALWAYS injured.
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

Ottawa is Peterborough with a parliament building. As obi won would say re The Pete “you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy “ I love it there

re porjingus no we work too hard all season to have a key guy IR during the playoffs
                        Last edited by Yuri Gagarin; Tue Feb 23, 2021, 05:03 PM.

Comment

• I wanna move to Texas so bad.. 0% income tax in Texas..
                          i wanna move to Red Oak, cuz bombardier moved to there

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post

of course i know that and i love bullshitting about sports as much as the next poster here. the post i quoted seemed to imply that tanking was seriously considered beyond some bullshitters on the internet, and i was just bullshitting that that, in my opinion, was bullshit.
                            LOL...great chirp.
                            - TGO

Comment

• Game Night let's go!
                              Last edited by G__Deane; Tue Feb 23, 2021, 08:37 PM.

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post

I will bet you that neither Tobias Harris nor Julius Randle make the all star team this year. If I’m right you make you signature “Fred Van Vleet is a great player and very underpaid.” For 30 days.
                                Pay up, Rudy.

Comment

Working...
                                X