No announcement yet.

Who Should Be Traded?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There was no reason for Julius Randle to make that team over Domantas Sabonis other than New York City vs Indianapolis. People love narrative, even the coaches. "Hey look! Somebody's playing well in Madison Square Garden!"
    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Sabonis got jobbed for sure. Not sure why Booker should make it if Paul did. Davis will be out so they'll have an injury replacement. Can they replace a forward with a guard though?

Comment

• Julius Randle is an all star..lol...WTF...what a joke...
        Anyway Masai..still waiting for that big move..
        Last edited by Dr Hannibal Lecter; Wed Feb 24, 2021, 11:34 AM.
        "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
        My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
          The Mavs don't really have any assets. Definitely no to Porzingis. Dude is ALWAYS injured.
          I thought about it for a second and then remembered the guy has barely played in 4 years ...

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

I thought about it for a second and then remembered the guy has barely played in 4 years ...
            The Mavs are reportedly trying to move Porzingis now and i'm not really surprised.

He's been in the league for 6 years. He played 72 games in his first year, 66 in his 2nd year, 48 his 3rd year, he missed the entire 18-19 season with an injury, he only appeared in 57 games last year. This year he missed a bunch of games early in the year because of an injury, returned and played 17 games and now he's hurt again. No way i'm touching this guy. That contract is also horrible btw. But If the Raptors are willing to take that kind of contract then why not just trade for HORFORD who's actually the perfect C for this team.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

The Mavs are reportedly trying to move Porzingis now and i'm not really surprised.

He's been in the league for 6 years. He played 72 games in his first year, 66 in his 2nd year, 48 his 3rd year, he missed the entire 18-19 season with an injury, he only appeared in 57 games last year. This year he missed a bunch of games early in the year because of an injury, returned and played 17 games and now he's hurt again. No way i'm touching this guy. That contract is also horrible btw. But If the Raptors are willing to take that kind of contract then why not just trade for HORFORD who's actually the perfect C for this team.
              Horford would be perfect, he's just old. He doesn't fit the window of this core, and he's not an "all in" piece for a chip in 2021

I'd rather chase Steven Adams, who's around the same age as Pascal and Fred
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Horford would be perfect, he's just old. He doesn't fit the window of this core, and he's not an "all in" piece for a chip in 2021

I'd rather chase Steven Adams, who's around the same age as Pascal and Fred
                Lonzo and Adams would be a nice get.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                  There was no reason for Julius Randle to make that team over Domantas Sabonis other than New York City vs Indianapolis. People love narrative, even the coaches. "Hey look! Somebody's playing well in Madison Square Garden!"
                  Disagree. Sabonis has help, i.e., another fringe all-star in Brogdon + DPOY candidate in Turner and some decent role players. Randle is basically keeping NYK afloat by himself and only a few games back of Indy and neck & neck with the Bulls and Celtics who got all-stars. Randle has enough numbers + team success to warrant selection.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

Lonzo and Adams would be a nice get.
                    But can we (eventually) keep Dad out at the border?
                    Although the goofy hype over him seems to have mercifully subsided

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

But can we (eventually) keep Dad out at the border?
                      Although the goofy hype over him seems to have mercifully subsided
                      Haven't heard much from him since Lonzo's rookie season, which is a good thing

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

Haven't heard much from him since Lonzo's rookie season, which is a good thing
                        He disappeared once he realized the first son is a role player and the 2nd son will never make it. But if the 3rd son becomes a star, watch out. He'll be back.
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Disagree. Sabonis has help, i.e., another fringe all-star in Brogdon + DPOY candidate in Turner and some decent role players. Randle is basically keeping NYK afloat by himself and only a few games back of Indy and neck & neck with the Bulls and Celtics who got all-stars. Randle has enough numbers + team success to warrant selection.
                          Counter point is that it's far easier to put up eye catching numbers as the only producer on a bad team. See: James, Mike. Randle is the only 20+ ppg guy in NY, Sabonis shares the floor with 2 others. Sabonis could put up bigger numbers on a bad team with less help. I don't think borderline AS cases should ever go to a fringe guy on a sub-.500 team.

Also, I think credit for the NYK turnaround (such as it is - they're still a losing team) needs to go to Thibs, not Randle. Thibs making the team at least respectably competitive was fairly predictable, this is exactly what he does. He also loses the locker room within 4 years and can't take a team over the top, but he will get bad teams playing hard and playing together.

Comment

Counter point is that it's far easier to put up eye catching numbers as the only producer on a bad team. See: James, Mike. Randle is the only 20+ ppg guy in NY, Sabonis shares the floor with 2 others. Sabonis could put up bigger numbers on a bad team with less help. I don't think borderline AS cases should ever go to a fringe guy on a sub-.500 team.

Also, I think credit for the NYK turnaround (such as it is - they're still a losing team) needs to go to Thibs, not Randle. Thibs making the team at least respectably competitive was fairly predictable, this is exactly what he does. He also loses the locker room within 4 years and can't take a team over the top, but he will get bad teams playing hard and playing together.
                            First Counter-counter point is that the Knicks aren't a "bad' team anymore. And Thibs tapping into Randle's versatility as a ball-handler has been instrumental in that. And Randle upping his defense as well. Thibs isn't the guy passing, scoring or defending. That's Randle and his talent and effort.

So basically, you're saying that Giannis shouldn't be MVP because the Bucks were underperforming under Kidd? His 2X MVP awards should go to Bud & Jon Horst, who designed and system and roster to complement his glaring weaknesses? Nash & D'Antoni is even a better example of that. Players from all winning teams don't deserve individual awards because it's all coaching?

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                              So basically, you're saying that Giannis shouldn't be MVP because the Bucks were underperforming under Kidd? His 2X MVP awards should go to Bud & Jon Horst, who designed and system and roster to complement his glaring weaknesses? Nash & D'Antoni is even a better example of that. Players from all winning teams don't deserve individual awards because it's all coaching?
                              Yes, that's exactly it.

Comment

Yes, that's exactly it.
                                Closer to home: Lowry and DeRozan didn't deserve all-star recognition. That was all Casey & Masai?

Comment

Working...
                                X