No announcement yet.

Who Should Be Traded?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coaches do get less recognition than they deserve when it comes to player development, but it is up to the player if they want to get better or how much they improve. Some coaches just put those players in a better position to succeed.

Comment

• You guys are way too hard on Randle here. He's averaging 23.3 and 10.9 reb, efficient shooting, 41% from deep, and he's a plus defender. His team ahead of Trae Youngs Hawks and Lavines Bulls and Beals Wizards, and the 2nd and 3rd best players are RJ Barrett and Mitchell Robinson. Outside of Canada (barrett) most casual fans probably can't name 3 New York Knicks

Dude is having a very nice year and deserves the recognition
      Last edited by KeonClark; Wed Feb 24, 2021, 03:22 PM.
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Closer to home: Lowry and DeRozan didn't deserve all-star recognition. That was all Casey & Masai?
        Derozan didn't get one once he left
        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
          You guys are way too hard on Randle here. He's averaging 23.3 and 10.9 reb, efficient shooting, 41% from deep, and he's a plus defender. His team ahead of Trae Youngs Hawks and Lavines Bulls and Beals Wizards, and the 2nd and 3rd best players are RJ Barrett and Mitchell Robinson. Outside of Canada (barrett) most casual fans probably can't name 3 New York Knicks

Dude is having a very nice here and deserves the recognition
          He's having a great year, Thibs really having a big impact on Randle's development. I'm just not sure if he's having a better year than Sabonis, but like you pointed out he has less help.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
            You guys are way too hard on Randle here. He's averaging 23.3 and 10.9 reb, efficient shooting, 41% from deep, and he's a plus defender. His team ahead of Trae Youngs Hawks and Lavines Bulls and Beals Wizards, and the 2nd and 3rd best players are RJ Barrett and Mitchell Robinson. Outside of Canada (barrett) most casual fans probably can't name 3 New York Knicks

Dude is having a very nice here and deserves the recognition
            The real problem is that there aren't enough all-star spots, so worthy players get jobbed, as opposed to un-deserving players getting in, like what I'm hearing with Randle. He deserves to be in. So does Sabonis.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Exactly my point. You can point to coaching, roster and record and discredit almost any all-star selection. I mean, it would be hilarious to see Kawhi or KD as the lone star on a non-stacked team like Hinkie's Sixers.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

The real problem is that there aren't enough all-star spots, so worthy players get jobbed, as opposed to un-deserving players getting in, like what I'm hearing with Randle. He deserves to be in. So does Sabonis.
                They should just change it to an actual NBA roster of 15. Theres room for everyone to play at least 5 to 10 minutes in the game and still give the big names 25-30 min.

Even then, there would still be "snubs", no matter how big it is. Fans and players of one team will always think their player is better than the last guy selected.

Comment

West is brutal. Mike Conley will retire as arguably the best player to never make an all star game. He's having one of his best years on the leagues top team, they should have given him a spot now.

Comment

• Not sure if he'd be a trade target so much as a potential free agent target, but any thoughts on John Collins? Young player which fits the core of this team, decent rebounding, can play some match-up based minutes at C, looks like he has a well rounded offence. Haven't seen him play much so can't really tell what sort of defence he brings.

If they were to go the trade route would Norm be all it takes?

Comment

• I'm okay with Randle making it.. Vucevic should not have. Sabonis should have gotten in over him.

Vucevic - 23.9ppg, 11.7rpg, 3.7apg, 1.1spg, 0.7bpg, 56.5 TS% (team 13-19 record - 12th in conference)
                      Sabonis - 21.5ppg, 11.6rpg, 5.7apg, 1.0spg, 0.7bpg, 59.5 TS% (team 15-14 record - 4th in conference)

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                        Not sure if he'd be a trade target so much as a potential free agent target, but any thoughts on John Collins? Young player which fits the core of this team, decent rebounding, can play some match-up based minutes at C, looks like he has a well rounded offence. Haven't seen him play much so can't really tell what sort of defence he brings.

If they were to go the trade route would Norm be all it takes?
                        I think they said they would want a lottery pick back.. plus the reason he's on the outs with Atlanta is because he wants a max contract and Atlanta wasn't offering it. I don't think he's worthy of that.. I think he's worth closer to what Sabonis makes. If he can be had for that, then for sure.. but he's also an RFA and another team could offer more (like Dallas).

My biggest issue is his defense.. and even if that can be taught he's still an undersized big.. so would have to play the 4. Isn't really a good 5 at all, and that's why Atlanta brought in Capela and drafted Okongwu so high.

Comment

I don't make the rules here but winning matters right? that's why Randle made the team. The Spurs are in 5th place, DeRozan is averaging 20/5/6 on 49% shooting. So how did he not make the all star team?
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

I don't make the rules here but winning matters right? that's why Randle made the team. The Spurs are in 5th place, DeRozan is averaging 20/5/6 on 49% shooting. So how did he not make the all star team?
                            Winning usually matters, but it didn't seem to matter this year. Otherwise Vucevic or Zion wouldn't have made it. Beal neither, but he got voted in (and wasn't selected last year despite having the highest PPG in the league).

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Winning usually matters, but it didn't seem to matter this year. Otherwise Vucevic or Zion wouldn't have made it. Beal neither, but he got voted in (and wasn't selected last year despite having the highest PPG in the league).
                              Zion is getting nurtured to be face of NBA and he hasn't done anything yet. It's crazy
                              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Zion is getting nurtured to be face of NBA and he hasn't done anything yet. It's crazy
                                i mean he's 20 years old with 53 games under his belt under two different coaches with two very different rosters. it's a bit early to say things like "he hasn't done anything yet" i think. what would one expect under those circumstances?

he has basically the best numbers of all time for a player in his first 53 games and is a complete force of nature. that's worth an all star spot, in my opinion

Comment

Working...
                                X