Who Should Be Traded?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH wrote: View Post
    Eh, this is the exact scenario (though who knows how much of that report is true) where I would actually consider moving Lowry. Franchise icon, you try to make sure he has another shot at a title if that's what he's pushing for, so long as you actually get value (other team has to play ball). Philly has been like the one team that makes real sense on that front for a while with the value they could move our way in a Lowry deal and their status as a contender AND the perfect fit Lowry would be for them (plus the added bonus of the feel good story of Lowry getting to play at home).
    If there's a team out there willing to give up assets for Drummond, then maybe there's a 4-way trade possible:

To Sixers: Lowry
    To Raptors: Assets from Team #4 + Sixers/Cavs
    To Cavs: Green/Scott/Ferguson
    To Team #4: Drummond

Who is Team #4: Knicks, Mavs, Nets?

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

So, do you still think Lowry is re-signing back with the Raptors in the off-season? Seems pretty remote, IMO. Even Lowry has been quoted as saying that Fred is the future PG of this team and he's really proud of that. The most likely scenario feels like he signs with Philly or another contender..... which would be sad that Toronto fans would never get to see him play his final game as a Raptor.

I don't think we have any real intel on whether it's likely or not.

If we keep him there is a very real chance he re-signs. I don't think I've ever thought it was a given.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• I'd rather have Lowry out West than out East.. so for me ideally an LAC offer comes through. I'd be happy taking Zubac off their hands.

Three team:

Toronto: Zubac, Beverley, 2RP
        LAC: Lowry, McCaw
        Boston: Morris (using their TPE) -> or some other team that wants this guy

If we can flip Beverley that works too.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
          I'd rather have Lowry out West than out East.. so for me ideally an LAC offer comes through. I'd be happy taking Zubac off their hands.

Three team:

Toronto: Zubac, Beverley, 2RP
          LAC: Lowry, McCaw
          Boston: Morris (using their TPE) -> or some other team that wants this guy

If we can flip Beverley that works too.
          That's... very limited value for Lowry. I'd rather hold onto him in that case.

The one good thing out of that most recent rumour is the Heat and 76ers can both make real offers, which might help drive up each of their bids to the level of offer the Raptors would be happy with if both teams are truly interested.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post

I think Thybulle is totally a Masai guy too. People last year were saying he was best rookie defender they have ever seen.

So a realistic package in my view would be Philly gets Lowry, Raps get Drummond, Maxey and Thybulle. Cavs Danny Green Mike Scott.

Include some picks to balance it out. Maybe Cleveland gets 1-2 second round picks. Maybe Raps get Philly’s first.
            Prescient

There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
            - TGO

Comment

The one good thing out of that most recent rumour is the Heat and 76ers can both make real offers, which might help drive up each of their bids to the level of offer the Raptors would be happy with if both teams are truly interested.
              Agree.
              Raps should maximize his trade value.
              I don't mind Kyle being traded to the 76ers too coz I think they still won't be able to hang with the Nets.

Comment

• So how about this:

To Chicago - Lowry, McCaw.

To Toronto - Markkanen, Porter.

You keep hearing the name Lonzo Ball associated with the Bulls because they need a starting PG. Lowry > Ball.

Raptors get a good young player in Markkanen who imo is a Nick Nurse type of player.

That is better than anything the 76ers could offer imo.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                  So how about this:

To Chicago - Lowry, McCaw.

To Toronto - Markkanen, Porter.

You keep hearing the name Lonzo Ball associated with the Bulls because they need a starting PG. Lowry > Ball.

Raptors get a good young player in Markkanen who imo is a Nick Nurse type of player.

That is better than anything the 76ers could offer imo.
                  I thought we're gifting Kyle the chance to contend again.

Comment

• Should any trade involving Lowry include the other team taking Aron Baynes's contract ? I think so .. Trading Lowry who will make the 76er's better will just make the drafts pick they are getting a very late 1st round pic and we are just getting back a bad contract in Green . We have already lost Ibaka , Gasol , Kawhi and got nothing in return for all those assets .
                    Last edited by guyroch; Thu Feb 25, 2021, 01:17 PM.

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

I thought we're gifting Kyle the chance to contend again.
                      I didn't read the article lol. If that's the case then yeah Philly is the only one that makes sense. The Clippers don't have any assets for Lowry.
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

I didn't read the article lol. If that's the case then yeah Philly is the only one that makes sense. The Clippers don't have any assets for Lowry.
                        Baynes , Lowry for Beverly , Ibaka , Zubac and Lou Williams ..

Comment

If the three teams are Philly, Miami or LAC how do you rank the prospects?

Let's say they are: Thybulle (Philly), Robinson or Achiuwa (Miami) or Zubac (LAC)?

I'd go: Zubac, Achiuwa, Robinson, Thybulle in that order.

Zubac is only 23.. and we need help at C. Long term fit IMO.

If we want a FRP pick then Miami/LAC are tough targets (both owe to OKC).. Philly makes most sense then too.

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post

Pls not Beverly

Comment

LAC isn't trading Serge.

Comment

That's a horrible trade. Pass. If you're trading Lowry you better get a good young player + a 1st round pick.

If it's Philly then I want Thybulle back for sure + picks.
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X