Who Should Be Traded?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here is another one:

I'd love Marvin Bagley from Sac town. He plays C, he's young, shoots the 3.

This 3 team trade works:

Philly gets: Lowry
    Raps get: Danny Green, Thybulle, Marvin Bagley.
    Sac gets; Mike Scott, Ferguson, Terrence Davis, 2 picks Philly gives up to get Lowry.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yd6ubvfa

Last edited by Rudy Bargnani; Thu Feb 25, 2021, 02:46 PM.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post

Hey Dan, how big is Norms cap hold assuming he opts out this offseason? Assuming Lowry turns into expirings and a rookie contract or two, could we keep Norm and Boucher while retaining any relavent cap space?
      Dan can answer this better than I could.. but I use shamsports.com/capulator to get myself a pretty good base line. It's an awesome tool.

Norm has a $16.3M cap hold if he drops his option. We'd be over the cap with that cap hold and Boucher's contracts even if we got nothing back for Lowry. We'd have the full mid-level (about $9.5M) and the bi-annual exception (about $3.7M) in free agency.

And that's if we waive/drop Davis, Thomas, Watson, Harris, and Bembry with Stanley, Baynes and McCaw as well.

EDIT - if using that tool, make sure you give OG his $72M/4 year extension (starting at $16M). The site hasn't been updated for a bit.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Dan can answer this better than I could.. but I use shamsports.com/capulator to get myself a pretty good base line. It's an awesome tool.

Norm has a $16.3M cap hold if he drops his option. We'd be over the cap with that cap hold and Boucher's contracts even if we got nothing back for Lowry. We'd have the full mid-level (about $9.5M) and the bi-annual exception (about $3.7M) in free agency.

And that's if we waive/drop Davis, Thomas, Watson, Harris, and Bembry with Stanley, Baynes and McCaw as well.

EDIT - if using that tool, make sure you give OG his $72M/4 year extension (starting at $16M). The site hasn't been updated for a bit.
        Aww as I feared. Well, so be it. We are in a pretty decent spot to play over the cap with so many non guarenteed contracts for next year and decent bit players on cheap deals. We can revamp the roster pretty well in the next 6 months with some nice moves. Wont be the all at once star player aquisition everyone wants, but we can up the chest of assets. Obviously Lowry is the first ball to drop, kind of dictates everything else.

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
          Here is another one:

This 3 team trade works:

Sac gets; Mike Scott, Ferguson, Terrence Davis, 2 picks Philly gives up to get Lowry.

I like this quite a bit. But is that really enough return for SAC? Scott & Ferguson will bounce. So basically, Kangz will have passed on drafting Luka for: Terence Davis and 2 very low draft picks. lol. That would be a tough pill to swallow.

And is Philly really going to give up all that for a Lowry rental, without strong indication he's going to re-sign?

Otherwise, not a bad trade premise.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

If that is prescient.... what do call this?

One month earlier:
            extra prescient
            There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
            - TGO

Comment

I like this quite a bit. But is that really enough return for SAC? Scott & Ferguson will bounce. So basically, Kangz will have passed on drafting Luka for: Terence Davis and 2 very low draft picks. lol. That would be a tough pill to swallow.

And is Philly really going to give up all that for a Lowry rental, without strong indication he's going to re-sign?

If Lowry puts you on the list of teams he wants to go to and doesnt resign its a sign something went terribly wrong come playoff time. I dont really accept the narrative Lowry will go to whoever pays the most though - its a factor, but ultimately think he wants to be a part of a championship team. Hes the best available player and a proven winner with probably two years left of high level play, that should warrant a pretty good return wherever he goes.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post

If Lowry puts you on the list of teams he wants to go to and doesnt resign its a sign something went terribly wrong come playoff time. I dont really accept the narrative Lowry will go to whoever pays the most though - its a factor, but ultimately think he wants to be a part of a championship team. Hes the best available player and a proven winner with probably two years left of high level play, that should warrant a pretty good return wherever he goes.
                I agree Lowry will value ring chasing much more than money chasing now, even without a max deal he'll near 250 million dollars in career earnings. That will take care of his great great grandkids, Kyle seems pretty financially savvy.

A 2nd ring slam dunks his hall of fame question IMO. A basketball nut like Kyle is definitely starting to try and put a bow on his legacy.
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Btw, is Keith Pompey a reputable source?
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                    Btw, is Keith Pompey a reputable source?
                    I think he's kind of like Philly's version of Michael Grange... take that however you wish.

Oh, and I hope Fred, Pascal and OG are reading this part of the article:

Although the Raptors won a championship in 2019, they look nothing like contenders this season. The team has a subpar 16-17 record and lacks the star power to match up with the elites in the Eastern Conference.
                    https://www.inquirer.com/sixers/phil...-20210225.html
                    Last edited by golden; Thu Feb 25, 2021, 04:59 PM.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

I agree Lowry will value ring chasing much more than money chasing now, even without a max deal he'll near 250 million dollars in career earnings. That will take care of his great great grandkids, Kyle seems pretty financially savvy.

A 2nd ring slam dunks his hall of fame question IMO. A basketball nut like Kyle is definitely starting to try and put a bow on his legacy.
                      Theres no ring guarantee anywhere though really. Maybe Brooklyn, Utah maybe LAL

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

If he values family + ring chasing, he gets the best of both worlds in Philly. Masai & Bobby gotta work out that 3-way, 4-way, 5-way deal.

Comment

• Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post

Theres no ring guarantee anywhere though really. Maybe Brooklyn, Utah maybe LAL
                          I think this day and age, top players want to play with other top players. Hence why Kawhi would only go to LAC if they got another top dog he can play with. Kyle might look around the Raptor locker room and go.. I can do better than Pascal and Fred.

And that's exactly how Kawhi felt.. he only went to LAC if they could get that second star he can play with.. he wanted Masai to bring in George and/or Westbrook to stay but wouldn't do it.

Kyle might be built the same way unfortunately.

Comment

If he values family + ring chasing, he gets the best of both worlds in Philly. Masai & Bobby gotta work out that 3-way, 4-way, 5-way deal.
                            Agree. As much as I dont really care for Philly, team or players, Lowry actually meaningfully increases their title chances. Probably the most palatable spot for me, though Miami probably has better assets. Like you say, I think a 3 teamer could net the best return.

Comment

As long as they're willing to pay up and they make a deep run, I'd say there's a better chance Lowry re-signs with Philly than here.
                              At least as good

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
                                Here is another one:

This 3 team trade works:

All these trades seem to end up with Danny Green coming back. Unless he's purely ballast, no thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X