Who Should Be Traded?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Raptors for the next little while aren't really in a position to be a free agent destination.. not with Pascal/OG/Fred locked up. You bring back Norm and Boucher (which we should) then we're really capped out.

Our cap flexibility is pretty much gone IMO. We have the mid level and biannual exception that we should try to use. Maybe we can get Richaun Holmes for the mid-level. He'd be a nice C in our rotation. Theis is undersized but could help here. Or at least use those exceptions to get tradeable contracts we can flip later. Maybe we can get someone like Nerlens Noel for the biannual.

But I really think Norm has to come back now. It would be a shame to get rid of Boucher, Norm and Lowry for a guy like Dipo.

Norm may actually be better than Dipo anyway.

Has there ever been a player like Oladipo, who had just one (barely) all-star level season, but is now regularly put in the conversation with legit superstars?

Dipo is a classic one-hit wonder, and that one hit was ages ago in a weak East.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Has there ever been a player like Oladipo, who had just one (barely) all-star level season, but is now regularly put in the conversation with legit superstars?

I think maybe some of it is due to the fact that he still seems to be young, but he's turning 29 in a couple months. That's not old.. but that's not quite young like he's 25. Like we still see him as a guy who can get to the next level after a young all star appearance and a couple injuries.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Though not exactly the same, but DRose, Tyreke Evans, Chandler Parsons and Isaiah Thomas are all recent comps. Injuries ruin careers, sad truth in sports. In fairness, I think Oladipo was better than given credit for before going to Indy, just in god awful situations to show it - when you dig into his game he basically just became a better off the dribble shooter and had an actual team around him. But yeah, that player is pretty gone, hopefully he reinvents himself like DRose has. Personally Id stay away but I always liked him.

Comment

• You got to think about this from a realistic point of view Lowry is going to get you a expiring or salary dump level player.

here are a list of players Lowry can fetch 1 v 1 that have the potential to be moved.

Kemba
          Otto porter
          Kevin love
          Drummond
          Blake griffin
          Middleton
          N vucevic
          Tobis Harris
          Porzingis
          Towns
          Steven adams
          Al horford
          Cj mccullum
          Buddy hield
          Derozan
          Mike Conley

Out of these players towns is the best player on the list but he would have to resign with us.
          vucevic is the other I would target or Middleton but I don’t they are ready to move on even tho they should.

then you looking at expirings and draft picks

if you break it down like that our options are limited until we start adding players into the deal of picks

and if you add in the fact Lowry is going to be traded to a contender then ... we are fucked lol
          Last edited by grindhouse; Sun Feb 28, 2021, 04:05 PM.

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
            You got to think about this from a realistic point of view Lowry is going to get you a expiring or salary dump level player.

here are a list of players Lowry can fetch 1 v 1 that have the potential to be moved.

Kemba
            Otto porter
            Kevin love
            Drummond
            Blake griffin
            Middleton
            N vucevic
            Tobis Harris
            Porzingis
            Towns
            Steven adams
            Al horford
            Cj mccullum
            Buddy hield
            Derozan
            Mike Conley

Out of these players towns is the best player on the list but he would have to resign with us.
            vucevic is the other I would target or Middleton but I don’t they are ready to move on even tho they should.

if you break it down like that our options are limited until we start adding players into the deal of picks

and if you add in the fact Lowry is going to be traded to a contender then ... we are fucked lol
            Isn't that the discussion though?

Whether it's best to trade Lowry for a bad expiring contract (solely to balance the $$) when what you're after is young players and picks. Or bring him back and stay a middling to good team in the East (would it take an overpay or does he take a discount?)

Or watch him walk for nothing.

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
              You got to think about this from a realistic point of view Lowry is going to get you a expiring or salary dump level player.

Kemba
              Otto porter
              Kevin love
              Drummond
              Blake griffin
              Middleton
              N vucevic
              Tobis Harris
              Porzingis
              Towns
              Steven adams
              Al horford
              Cj mccullum
              Buddy hield
              Derozan
              Mike Conley

Kemba, towns, conley, vucevic, middleton, mccollum, porzingis, harris... i dont see their teams trading any of those guys straight up for lowry. Maybe harris, but thats a big maybe. And yes our options are limited, to the point where you just dont trade him unless the return is significant.

Comment

• Lol if you can get KAT for Lowry you do it 10/10 times. Nurse would turn him into a legit superstar and we'd be contenders overnight.

Comment

• Hypothetically, if they let Lowry walk for nothing, what sort of cap space would they have for potential free agen acquisitions?

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                    Hypothetically, if they let Lowry walk for nothing, what sort of cap space would they have for potential free agent acquisitions?
                    I'm sure that someone here will dig out the specifics, but I'm pretty sure that the brief answer is either "not any" or "not nearly enough."

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Did you have that same fear for Fred or Boucher?

My point was you mentioned 30 teams could go after that them, and that's not possible. Brooklyn for example has 3 max contracts. How would they afford either of these guys? Again, unless you think Kyle and Norm are going to be grabbed for way below their market values.
                      Ok then could you say what kind of contract you would offer norm and lowry and what you think theyll be offered elsewhere?

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

Isn't that the discussion though?

Whether it's best to trade Lowry for a bad expiring contract (solely to balance the $$) when what you're after is young players and picks. Or bring him back and stay a middling to good team in the East (would it take an overpay or does he take a discount?)

Or watch him walk for nothing.
                        Exactly it’s easier to discuss when your looking at the board.

add OG into a deal and options open up but is it worth it?

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post

Kemba, towns, conley, vucevic, middleton, mccollum, porzingis, harris... i dont see their teams trading any of those guys straight up for lowry. Maybe harris, but thats a big maybe. And yes our options are limited, to the point where you just dont trade him unless the return is significant.
                          Lowry for Harris and parts is already talked about on philly radio all of last week. They want Lowry to home home bad. FYI I am a eagles fan so I listen to a lot of their radio

Comment

• Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post

Ok then could you say what kind of contract you would offer norm and lowry and what you think theyll be offered elsewhere?
                            I expect Norm will be offered 18-20 for as much term as he'll agree to - and possibly more per year if it looks like a team with lots of cap space looks like they're pursuing him determinedly and we really want to keep him.

I expect Kyle to be offered 25 million for three years, but with only about 8 million guaranteed for the third year.

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                              Lol if you can get KAT for Lowry you do it 10/10 times. Nurse would turn him into a legit superstar and we'd be contenders overnight.

Agreed 100%.

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                                Lol if you can get KAT for Lowry you do it 10/10 times. Nurse would turn him into a legit superstar and we'd be contenders overnight.
                                I found it

Philly
                                Lowry

dallas
                                tobis Harris

min
                                porzingis

tor
                                towns

base trade that I think right off the bat all 4 teams get a piece they can use

Comment

Working...
                                X