Who Should Be Traded?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S.R. wrote: View Post

Reportedly $30m x2 years is what he wants. Guys at his age can get paid for past performance more than future. But it's not guaranteed he'll get it, depends how badly a team wants him.

Yes it could take a couple seasons to build back up to a home court playoff team, but swapping Lowry for the future means you're trying to move in a positive direction. Retaining Lowry means you're treading water.
    That's interesting because that sort of price tag would eliminate his options to sign with title contenders, so gotta wonder what he wants, another big pay day or ring hunting.

What if they are trying to tread water? If you can't get the assets you want for him, like with any transaction, it's sometimes just better not to make that transaction. Or you could end up with a couple of Willams' and a guy who doesn't report to play. Management hasn't indicated they want to do anything other than compete for a championship, so maybe you address the issues at C, make a great pick or trade it on draft night, fill out the bench with a couple of vets in the off season and go into next season thinking you have a shot at the conf finals?

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

That's interesting because that sort of price tag would eliminate his options to sign with title contenders, so gotta wonder what he wants, another big pay day or ring hunting.

What if they are trying to tread water? If you can't get the assets you want for him, like with any transaction, it's sometimes just better not to make that transaction. Or you could end up with a couple of Willams' and a guy who doesn't report to play. Management hasn't indicated they want to do anything other than compete for a championship, so maybe you address the issues at C, make a great pick or trade it on draft night, fill out the bench with a couple of vets in the off season and go into next season thinking you have a shot at the conf finals?

I don't think they should waste any time, given 4 of their 5 best players (other than Lowry) are 27-28 years old. They'd be in a different situation retooling around some 20-24 year olds, but they aren't.
      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• I am interested to see what Bobby can do. I suspect this goes down to the wire cause Lowry and Powell will walk reguardless. Pascal is not happy and raps are desperate to make a move.

teams are probably low balling the raptors hard. I already posted my list of players.

so far herro and Duncan have been the only teams to peak my interest.

just for the record Toronto draft pick this year has a lot of value right now.

Comment

• I think any potential Norm trade rumour that isn't the Knicks is probably just other teams trying to make the Knicks pay more. The Knicks have two first-rounders this year - their own and Dallas' pick from the Porzingis trade - plus Obi Toppin and Kevin Knox. (I assume they aren't interested in trading RJ Barrett, Mitchell Robinson or Immanuel Quickley, but if they're willing to consider those, oh my.) Nobody can outbid them for Norm, they like him, they need a reliable go-to scorer and he's the sort of player who should thrive under Thibodeau.

Can anybody think of a realistic Norm trade deal that beats anything from the Knicks? Because I can't.

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
            I think any potential Norm trade rumour that isn't the Knicks is probably just other teams trying to make the Knicks pay more. The Knicks have two first-rounders this year - their own and Dallas' pick from the Porzingis trade - plus Obi Toppin and Kevin Knox. (I assume they aren't interested in trading RJ Barrett, Mitchell Robinson or Immanuel Quickley, but if they're willing to consider those, oh my.) Nobody can outbid them for Norm, they like him, they need a reliable go-to scorer and he's the sort of player who should thrive under Thibodeau.

Can anybody think of a realistic Norm trade deal that beats anything from the Knicks? Because I can't.
            I think Robinson isn't happy with the Knicks

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

I think Robinson isn't happy with the Knicks
              They're not trading Robinson.

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
                I think any potential Norm trade rumour that isn't the Knicks is probably just other teams trying to make the Knicks pay more. The Knicks have two first-rounders this year - their own and Dallas' pick from the Porzingis trade - plus Obi Toppin and Kevin Knox. (I assume they aren't interested in trading RJ Barrett, Mitchell Robinson or Immanuel Quickley, but if they're willing to consider those, oh my.) Nobody can outbid them for Norm, they like him, they need a reliable go-to scorer and he's the sort of player who should thrive under Thibodeau.

Obi Toppin + better of NYK (15th) or Mavs (20th) FRP would be a pretty good return for Norm. I don't know anything about Toppin, but we do need some size up front. The pick would be the main thing. If we could tank ourselves to the 6-8th pick and grab the Knicks 15th; that's a pretty enticing package to trade into the top 5, if not top 3.

Yeah, Thibs is normally a win-now type of coach, and Norm and his professional "understand the grind" work ethic seems like a perfect match.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post

They're not trading Robinson.
                  Well, his dad wasn't happy with the Knicks and Thibs initially thought of trading him for a vet.
                  So there's that friction already.
                  I guess with the Nets's emergence they can't afford to be irrelevant.
                  They're doing well with out Robinson anyway. And they have Obi and Nerlens already.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                    What!!!????? This seems like a sign........
                    What about norm for Dinwiddie? This seems ok to me, on contract for next year too.

Comment

• Dvdvideo wrote: View Post

What about norm for Dinwiddie? This seems ok to me, on contract for next year too.
                      We spent a whole year analyzing KD liking the Raptors as a kid. Everybody "loves" Toronto, until it comes time to commit to living there
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Dvdvideo wrote: View Post

The tweet is from April of last year. Not really a sign of anything. Btw, I'd do the Norm for Dinwiddie deal.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                          With all this talk about Kyle being traded, I sort of wonder what it would cost to bring him back on a two year? Haven't watched much of Herro or Robinson, but I doubt they would be as good as Lowry is unless he has a big drop off. If we continue with this poor play we come out of it with a lottery pick, we address the C position by trade (maybe Norm) or in free agency. See what we're like next season when we are back to some sort of normal.
                          Again, they have handed the keys to FVV. And Siakam and OG. Maybe Boucher and Norm.
                          Time to move off Kyle and get something back in return....
                          Because he's leaving for nothing as a FA (all signs are there) unless there are no other competitive takers or we over pay and set this rebuild back yet another year.

Trade him for a bad expiring, a young player with upside and pick(s). Re-sign him for less if he really wants to come back or can't find another home or for the one day to retire here. I for one don't want to see him continue the slow decline here.

Time to move on. turn the page. do what's best for the team.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post

I don't think they should waste any time, given 4 of their 5 best players (other than Lowry) are 27-28 years old. They'd be in a different situation retooling around some 20-24 year olds, but they aren't.
                            The whole point of retaining Lowry would be to go for it now.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

Again, they have handed the keys to FVV. And Siakam and OG. Maybe Boucher and Norm.
                              Because he's leaving for nothing as a FA (all signs are there) unless there are no other competitive takers or we over pay and set this rebuild back yet another year.

Trade him for a bad expiring, a young player with upside and pick(s). Re-sign him for less if he really wants to come back or can't find another home or for the one day to retire here. I for one don't want to see him continue the slow decline here.

Yeah, according to credible reports (i.e. Shams) Lowry wants to compete for championships with legit contenders (e.g. Philly or Miami). I don't see anything that changes his mind between now and when he's a free agent, other than the Raptors denying him one precious year of competing in the playoffs when time is running out. Not trading him might actually piss him off.

That list of legit contending teams will probably expand after this year's playoffs, but it sure won't include the Raptors. Rip the bandage off, folks.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

I tend to agree. I'm just playing devil's advocate in the absence of anything actually happening. This trade deadline is dragging.

Comment

Working...
                                X