Who Should Be Traded?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

I hope Masai doesn't give him that deal just because I really believe it's time to move on. It's not like I can throw up a lot of better alternatives other than to spend that money in another direction and believing that money to Kyle caps our ceiling just as well.

Plus, that's just a number that Kyle (agent) threw out there. No idea if that's his market. He's 35 and already slowing down.
    Kyle's not actually slowing down, we just keep expecting him to.

his true peak was probably 28 to 31 when he was a legit top 10 impactful NBA player, but hes still the same player hes been the last couple seasons as hes transitioned from alpha to more sharing the load
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

I hope Masai doesn't give him that deal just because I really believe it's time to move on. It's not like I can throw up a lot of better alternatives other than to spend that money in another direction and believing that money to Kyle caps our ceiling just as well.

Plus, that's just a number that Kyle (agent) threw out there. No idea if that's his market. He's 35 and already slowing down.
      He's playing like a $25M though. So he is worth that IMO.

Keep him and move him next deadline or try and do a sign and trade when more teams are willing to make moves in the summer. It's not do or die tomorrow IMO.

Norm's a different case because he's worth $11M in trades now.. and so it's cheaper to "buy" him than it is Kyle.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

A team isn't going to give up prospects or picks for a 2 month rental. They want him to commit. So it's basically Lowry's free agency right now.. and he can dictate where he wants to go. But he has an asking price as well, and the team that takes him has to commit to that price.

What I'm seeing is he wants at least $50M for 2 years.

If he doesn't get traded, Masai will give him that deal.
        To me that will be a mistake.

There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
        - TGO

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post

That comment is me paraphrasing current reports and offering my opinion, feel free to go read up on the current chatter for yourself.
          ​​
          That's exactly what I mean though. I haven't read anything that says "Lowry is apparently very involved in this process" other than some thinking he should be or Masai would likely let him. He's not apparently very involved at all. Rumored to potentially be perhaps.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Kyle's not actually slowing down, we just keep expecting him to.

his true peak was probably 28 to 31 when he was a legit top 10 impactful NBA player, but hes still the same player hes been the last couple seasons as hes transitioned from alpha to more sharing the load
            It's just the eye test for me, he doesn't seem as explosive, can't turn the corner as well, doesn't get to the tin regularly and seems to have nagging injuries more often. Others might see it as "sharing the load" .... I see a player that's standing right beside Father Time.

I could see a situation where Masai offers him a number that works for us but well below what Kyle thinks he's worth but still gives us more wiggle room for additions. Let the market decide and saves us face in that we tried to re-sign him. Again, no idea how that works in the cap world.
            Last edited by G__Deane; Wed Mar 24, 2021, 01:49 PM.

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

To me that will be a mistake.
              Why is that? It's not like we're winning with Kyle right now.. and it's not like we're a friendly free agent destination. Hold on to the asset, and move him later when the market looks better.

He's valued at $25M a year IMO.

Comment

• Gettable Fringe Stars at the right price:

1. Beal
                2. Vucecic
                3. KAT
                4. Simmons
                5. Lavine

Comment

• Breaking down the Raptor's salary cap situation ahead of the trade deadline
                  https://www.sportsnet.ca/nba/article...odbye-florida/

Comment

That's exactly what I mean though. I haven't read anything that says "Lowry is apparently very involved in this process" other than some thinking he should be or Masai would likely let him. He's not apparently very involved at all. Rumored to potentially be perhaps.
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpFs...b_channel=ESPN

Woj refers to Lowry being involved here. I feel like part of this is because Masai doesn't want another Derozan situation happening with hurt feelings and all with another Raps icon.

Comment

• I mentioned some gettable fringe stars at the right price using our movable assets but another 2 Center/Forwards that came to mind are:

Sabonis or Myles Turner

though Raps may have to give up one of the core to get either of them...

I dont think they have a need for a Powell or Lowry unless its a multiple team trade with Lowry going to a contender.

Comment

• I think you the Herro trade makes sense (but I don't know if I would do it for Robinson). If that's on the table you take it, it's probably not and that's why it hasn't happened yet. Let Lowry play for a contender. We are not one of those this year. Hopefully we get Precious in the deal. If Goran is in the deal for Salary matching; hopefully you could flip him as well.

I would then look to trade Norm to the Hawks for Okungwo and Hill's expiring contract and hopefully a pick.

We would keep our potentially high draft pick with a younger group going forwards.

PG FVV, Flynn,
                        SG Herro, (rose coloured glasses would be Green as our Pick)
                        SF OG
                        PF Siakam, Olynyk,
                        C Precious, Okungwo, Boucher

It's not a championship team next year, but under Nick they could be quite good. Hopefully Masai stays on and can tweak it as some of the younger player come into their own, and potentially land a big name free agent that is fed up with his current team (who knows who that is, but it seems that every year there is another)

If we stay pack at Powell and Lowry walk, we are in much worse shape. If they both stay we are capped out with essentially the team we see today.

I hate to say it, but it's time to move on from both, and hopefully start the construction of our next Championship team.

Comment

• Shredder wrote: View Post
                          I think you the Herro trade makes sense (but I don't know if I would do it for Robinson). If that's on the table you take it, it's probably not and that's why it hasn't happened yet. Let Lowry play for a contender. We are not one of those this year. Hopefully we get Precious in the deal. If Goran is in the deal for Salary matching; hopefully you could flip him as well.

I would then look to trade Norm to the Hawks for Okungwo and Hill's expiring contract and hopefully a pick.

We would keep our potentially high draft pick with a younger group going forwards.

PG FVV, Flynn,
                          SG Herro, (rose coloured glasses would be Green as our Pick)
                          SF OG
                          PF Siakam, Olynyk,
                          C Precious, Okungwo, Boucher

It's not a championship team next year, but under Nick they could be quite good. Hopefully Masai stays on and can tweak it as some of the younger player come into their own, and potentially land a big name free agent that is fed up with his current team (who knows who that is, but it seems that every year there is another)

If we stay pack at Powell and Lowry walk, we are in much worse shape. If they both stay we are capped out with essentially the team we see today.

I hate to say it, but it's time to move on from both, and hopefully start the construction of our next Championship team.
                          I like this. The Big depth would be really, really nice. We only have one good big right now. OG and Boucher are small forwards. Pascal is borderline small forward. We could use a couple centers.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post

I like this. The Big depth would be really, really nice. We only have one good big right now. OG and Boucher are small forwards. Pascal is borderline small forward. We could use a couple centers.
                            Hopefully the African connection makes it even more enticing for Masai to stay and grow the young players

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

But on offense Thybulle is a terrible fit, usage-wise, next to our core guys. He's a career 10% USG guy with an unreliable 3-pt shot and no playmaking. He really just provides one thing.... elite on ball defense and steals. Add Thybulle to our core and you'd need Pascal and Fred crank up their usages to like 27-28% to take up the offensive slack that Thybulle creates. Things could get really ugly on offense.

To make Thybulle fit with our core, you'd really be banking on OG taking a big USG leap offensively, plus you'd need to add a center who handle at least 20% USG at high efficiency, while also providing great defense (WCJ?).
                              Well the point is that the Raptors would not be betting on Thybulle staying the same offensive player. They absolutely love to bet they can seriously improve guys' offence.

But if they can swing a Powell trade that nets them WCJ and get a Thybulle package (with other picks/prospects) from the 76ers? Sign me the heck up.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Woj reporting that Lakers are interested. Kuzma and stuff?
                                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Working...
                                X