Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It’s exhausting being a Raptors fan.

Comment

• interesting, really thought lowry was gone for sure.

well, whatever happens this summer, it's sure going to be more fun to watch the rest of this year than it could have been.

hope there's some kind of buyout C we can get, try and make the playoffs.

Comment

• Dvdvideo wrote: View Post

I'd rather be stuck in the middle than a tanking team year after year after year.....hoping my next draft pick "might" save me.
        Preach

unless the next sure fire pick like Bron/ Shaq/ Duncan are waiting

we have tradeable two 28 yr olds assets

All good

Comment

• can't teach wingspan wrote: View Post

Sure. TD and Thomas were undrafted. We found Powell in the 2nd round
          TD was going to be drafted in the 2nd round, but he told teams not to pick him, i.e., Bet on Yourself and sign a better FA deal..... just like Fred. TD & Fred were both clear-cut 2nd round talents... let's not be confused about that.

But developing 2nd round picks and undrafted players are a thing of the past. That was all under Casey's watch.

Comment

• Nba GMs: masai, how many assets will it take?

masai: Kyle Lowry Over Everything.

9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

TD was going to be drafted in the 2nd round, but he told teams not to pick him, i.e., Bet on Yourself and sign a better FA deal..... just like Fred. TD & Fred were both clear-cut 2nd round talents... let's not be confused about that.

But developing 2nd round picks and undrafted players are a thing of the past. That was all under Casey's watch.
              Not confused, just interested in seeing what we can do with these picks.

As for developing players, I'm still put out by how Casey attempted to develop Jonas.

Comment

• John Hammond started to topple the first domino to rid of his All Star for a young Center, Forward and 2 FRPs

That drove the price of Lowry sky high from Masai’s POV

lol

Comment

• Masai definitely got something up his sleeve in the buyout market with those available roster spots, sit tight everyone

Comment

• Reyaz123 wrote: View Post
                    Masai definitely got something up his sleeve in the buyout market with those available roster spots, sit tight everyone
                    Drummond, book it

Comment

• What happened to Cousins?
                      Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• Reyaz123 wrote: View Post
                        Masai definitely got something up his sleeve in the buyout market with those available roster spots, sit tight everyone
                        To me it looks like he made space for a deal that didn't come to fruition. I don't expect anything significant. It just didn't work out. Moving on...

Comment

• Drummond could fix a lot of our problems...

Comment

As for developing players, I'm still put out by how Casey attempted to develop Jonas.
                            When I talk about development, I'm referring to getting guys their first consistent minutes in the rotation with a defined role. Casey was good at that, albeit to a point where the edict was "stay in your lane" and pass the ball back to Kyle & DeMar. Nurse's approach is to continually yank guys in and out of the lineup after 1 to 3 game auditions, yo-yo'ing from doghouse to penthouse. He's never been able to develop a bench rotation that he can trust.

With JV, sure I agree he was under-utilized in our Ride & Die guard heavy offense. But in truth, JV is exactly the same player and is used in the same way in Memphis (over 2 different coaches) as he was used here. I was a big Casey nay-sayer, but hindsight shows that maybe he could have used JV a little differently, but not a whole lot. Blame Kyle & DeMar more for that, since they had the keys to offence.

Comment

Second rounders are still a crapshoot even for this organization. TD would be drafted mid to late first round this summer.

Comment

• The Lakers must be incredibly hot on THT to not pull the trigger.

Comment

Working...
                                X