No announcement yet.

Who Should Be Traded?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They are not tanking. Decision is to go for it. I don't particularly agree with this direction. So I'm just focusing on watching Lowry's potentially last games.
    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Masai did the right thing here. What's the point of trading Lowry if you're not going to get anything in return?

The most hilarious part about his whole thing is how the media keeps overhyping THT. He's trash. I've learned a long time ago that if you're a young player playing for the Lakers, the media will hype you like you're the second coming. Remember all the Clarkson/Kobe comparison when Clarkson was a young player? or how about the Kuzma hype 3 years ago? or how about Magic comparing Lonzo to Jason Kidd?

Biggest winners by far are the Bulls and the Clippers. The Rondo trade just made the Clippers as the team to beat in the West.
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Also glad Davis and Thomas are gone. Shocked the Raps got 2 2nd for them.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• You think Casey is the one that developed all the young guys? i think it was the introduction of the G-league team and our overall coaching staff, which is mostly intact. I don't know what you expected from TD but I sure as hell didn't see much starting with the bubble, all the way to this season. 2nd rounders are great return for those guys.

Comment

• We know it takes two to trade and if the right deal just isn't there you don't make it but this still feels like a Masai fail.
            Unless he pulls off a sign and trade, we just lost another chip cornerstone for nothing. Maybe if he executes the S&T and brings Norm back on a decent deal to play with Jr and whatever Kyle brings back, we can call it a calculated success.

If Kyle just walks, whoever signs him will get better, we get worse with nothing to show for it because it didn't cost them a thing.

I was just ready to face life with a new back court and I guess this will still come in the off season.

Comment

• Jabari Parker anyone? Good for the bench and he's still young. Kings are going to waive him

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                Also glad Davis and Thomas are gone. Shocked the Raps got 2 2nd for them.
                Good 2nds that we don't have to wait on too, nice.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
                  We know it takes two to trade and if the right deal just isn't there you don't make it but this still feels like a Masai fail.
                  Unless he pulls off a sign and trade, we just lost another chip cornerstone for nothing. Maybe if he executes the S&T and brings Norm back on a decent deal to play with Jr and whatever Kyle brings back, we can call it a calculated success.

If Kyle just walks, whoever signs him will get better, we get worse with nothing to show for it because it didn't cost them a thing.

I was just ready to face life with a new back court and I guess this will still come in the off season.
                  If Kyle walks I hope he stays away from Philly, Miami and Lakers. They didn't value you enough to give up assets so why sign with them? go sign with the Clippers or Mavs.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

You're delusional if you think any team would have ever traded a 1st round pick for TD. Even if he was signed long term on a cheap deal that's never happening. Raptors fans really do overvalue their bench players. Getting back a 2nd was a huge win.
                    A 2nd rounder now is a good pickup. Never said otherwise.

Based on what he showed last season, the Raptors saw him as a valuable rotation player going forward. As he has showed he is very athletic & strong, scores well in transition as well as shooting the 3.

That's a late 1st rounder pick right there if the belief that he has more room to grow and expend his game. Obviously that didn't occur this season which is why his value took a hit.

Comment

• Really happy at the end of the day. Kyle means and brings so much more to this team than can be measured in a trade. One of those exponential guys who make other people better. Did you see how he was coaching Paul Watson last night? On a night where he could have been mailing it in. He’s priceless-ish for us.
                      Sad to see Norm go but with roster construction as it is, I don’t know if we could have afforded another wing at $20 mill. So we solve that problem. There was also the question of would Norm keep it up if he went to the bench (the logical step if we find a functional centre). Another problem solved. Trent should improve our bench.

And as for Masai, who knows how close a Lowry trade ever was but it wasn’t as certain as all the people who said it was a fait au complete. And did Norm go to Indiana? To the Knicks? Did anyone predict Portland? The blackberry never leaks.

Comment

• Dvdvideo wrote: View Post

You really have no idea what was actually offered, or what discussions were had with Lowry. We didn't just lose Kawai and Green, we had no recourse to keep them. Ibaka and Gasol were a clear mistake. Take a chill pill since you don't have all the information.
                        I'm pretty sure it's reasonable offer, it's better than nothing, than why trade Powell, Davis, Matt Thomas..wtf is he doing than, were 11 th in the east, we have no center, I don't think ppl get it...his a free agent..he can sign anywhere..Kawli ain't coming back, what was the point of keeping him..it's just baffling..
                        "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                        My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post

I'm pretty sure it's reasonable offer, it's better than nothing, than why trade Powell, Davis, Matt Thomas..wtf is he doing than, were 11 th in the east, we have no center, I don't think ppl get it...his a free agent..he can sign anywhere..Kawli ain't coming back, what was the point of keeping him..it's just baffling..
                          Masai Ujiri doesn't "settle", doesn't lose trades.

9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post

Trading Lowry for nothing is a 100x worse than keeping him.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

Masai did the right thing here. What's the point of trading Lowry if you're not going to get anything in return?

The most hilarious part about his whole thing is how the media keeps overhyping THT. He's trash. I've learned a long time ago that if you're a young player playing for the Lakers, the media will hype you like you're the second coming. Remember all the Clarkson/Kobe comparison when Clarkson was a young player? or how about the Kuzma hype 3 years ago? or how about Magic comparing Lonzo to Jason Kidd?

Biggest winners by far are the Bulls and the Clippers. The Rondo trade just made the Clippers as the team to beat in the West.
                              Is that a joke? Rondo is washed and totally sucks now. Consensus is the Clippers had the worst trade of the day there.

Comment

Trading Lowry for nothing is a 100x worse than keeping him.
                                But will he leave in free agency?
                                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Working...
                                X