No announcement yet.

Who Should Be Traded?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Masai is resigning we know that but I am not sure about Bobby Webster being my GM. I don’t agree with his talent evaluation. Gary Trent jr and Rodney hood are not players I am targeting to trade for?!?

On Portland the only target was anfernee simons. By the way they handled the Lowry trade they were not settling so WTF. Neither of those players are part of a rebuild, retool, reuse lol

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

They are tanking.. and going hard for it which I respect. They have gotten to the playoffs twice in a row, and exited both times in 5 games. They are just not a good enough team. Gordon wanted to leave so trading him made sense. Going for picks/prospects was the right approach.

They get a top 5 pick this year.. maybe the two Bulls picks will be in the lottery too. They got some nice prospects out of Denver.

I just think if you are going to tank, this is how you do it.
        See the thing is they've been tanking since Dwight left, and they haven't been past the first round in the playoffs since. And now they've given up on that core and are starting yet again....that's another 3-4 years to get back to the point they are at now!

You've seen how bad it gets here after a half season worth of loses...and that's after a 4-5 year stretch of being the winningest team in the league and a championship LOL.

Anyways, my point is that a poorly managed team will keep tanking until dumb luck strikes and they get a generational talent like Shaq or to some degree Dwight and they'll still not be able to convert that into a championship. I don't respect that in the least.

Comment

• Masai will resign otherwise he looks like a Hypocrite on why everyone should be staying in Toronto. He proved you can win a championship here and now he has to prove you can build a winning culture that free agents want to come too. That man has way too much pride to walk.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

I wonder if hes getting low balled by mlse. Lots of suits that make decisions for them, setting budgets based on forecasts, raps have had no ticket sales and had to pay for all the players in Tampa..

masai deserves to be the highest paid exec in the NBA, and he probably knows it
            This is not what I have heard.... for what it's worth from a random internet guy.

Comment

• MLSE would be incredibly stupid to low ball Masai. Only thing they need to negotiate is how much ownership he gets or whatever it is the best of the best want once money stops becoming an issue.

See my post above about how crappy organizations like Orlando rely on dumb luck to become relevant. Ujiri's created a winning culture and system without high lotto picks and years of losing to get those picks.

Much like head coaches there is a very small.group of GM's that are difference makers. Losing that because of low balling would be beyond moronic.

Comment

• I doubt he gets low balled, seems incredibly stupid if you're trying to make money as a business. Masai changed the entire Raptors culture by himself and more and more fans have tuned in to the Raptors, bought Raptors merchandise over the years. Masai was Toronto's most influential person in 2019.

MLSE did lose out on money due to the pandemic, but they'll lose more by low balling Masai and him ultimately walking away.

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
                  Another odd factoid: Gary Trent Sr was also traded from Portland to Toronto. He was in the Stoudamire trade.

Doubt that’s ever happened before: father and son traded from the same team to same receiving team.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Another odd factoid: Gary Trent Sr was also traded from Portland to Toronto. He was in the Stoudamire trade.

Doubt that’s ever happened before: father and son traded from the same team to same receiving team.
                    That factoid gets even weirder

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

We're on a computer simulation confirmed. Elon Musk was right.

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post

We're on a computer simulation confirmed. Elon Musk was right.
                        Shakespeare said it first....

Comment

Saw that too... wild

Gonna guess that Bobby had a trade lined up for Miles Turner and Masai was like “no but listen, Bobby, Gary Trent Sr was traded to Toronto FORTY ONE GAMES INTO HIS THIRD SEASON...”

( lol... welcome aboard, Gary!)

Comment

It is fate. He was destined to be a Raptor!

Comment

• Toronto teams love to sign sons of "famous" fathers....

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
                                Toronto teams love to sign sons of "famous" fathers....
                                So how did we miss out on Steph?

Comment

Working...
                                X