No announcement yet.

Game 16 Toronto Raptors vs. Indiana Pacers - 1:00 PM EST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is the kind of game Og can have if some focus is put on him in terms of reps and it matches up with his drive/feeling idea he needs to score. A lot of this is abscent when lowry and siakam are present, I don't know if its on Og to do more or the coaching staff or what.

it also reminds of of how good og could really be if given a chance, honestly, kawai with the spurs took time too progress off the bench, then a starter, then finally a scorer. Look at his stat line into year 4 is actually very similar. Not sure why any of you said we "overpaid" for him and there's a real reason why they didn't want to trade him.

Fun game and a nice win. And I dont think nurse is trying right now to "develop" anyone, he just wants to win each game and make the playoffs.

Comment

• On a side note, I've been wondering..... .
      on every single play, players from each team complain to the refs over and over and over again.
      Besides this being a horrible role model for kids, has any team ever considered handling it differently? I mean at this point, the refs must just pretend to listen to every "he got me" and "there was no foul!", like white noise.

Option 1 : You tell the players no complaining to refs period. If they do, they don't play. If they have something to.complain to the refs, they inform the coach and he's the only one who talks to the refs.

Option 2, and more interesting: The raps hold a meeting, they take a vote to see if they agree to try something new. No complaing to the refs ever - period, and that includes the coach. At first though, you say crazy, right? But maybe, just maybe, the refs, appreciate this as they get yelled at for 48 mins every game, and they by human nature (the team you actually like and respect), raps get better calls. Who knows.......I have a strange feeling this would work.

0% chance this would be presented as an idea and 5% chance they would even try it.
      but what would they really have to lose......
      One other side benefit is they wouldn't be complaining during the game and maybe focused more on what they can actually control......
      Last edited by Dvdvideo; Mon Jan 25, 2021, 04:28 AM.

Comment

• I watch with League Pass so I’m always a day late, but that was a great game!

I was really impressed with Turner. His defensive tenacity would be insane in a lineup with Fred, OG and Pascal. Not that I think we’ll ever be able to trade for him, but a guy can dream.

I’d love to see some improvement in the following areas:
        1. Can someone buy Flynn some new shoes? He was sliding around the court like it was an ice rink...
        2. The free throw shooting needs to be a focus. If we lost that game, the missed FTs would have been to blame.

Comment

• Another good win last night. The Pacers defense early on was actually really good. Nate knew exactly what Nick was going to run, but the Raptors offense found a way to score. Very unlike them. As a team shot around 43% from 3.. that was the big reason why we won.. but we got some really good looks. Ball rarely stuck. If we hit our free throws this game would have been a blow out.

There was an odd line up to end the 3rd / start the 4th that started giving up points, but unlike most games we weathered that pretty quickly and just put the nail in the coffin late. Great defense on Sabonis and Brogdon. Shut those two guys down and force the rest of the team to beat you.. good strategy for sure.

Really impressed by Watanabe's energy. Wish we didn't have him on a 2-way deal so we can play him more. The kid has not had a bad Raptor game from what I've seen. He's usually making the right play.

OG again was the player of the game. Really great to see. I don't see him developing into that first option type of player. He's still playing a bit robotic but he had it going last night. 4-6 from 3. 8-10 from the FT line. 5 steals at the half too.

Also have to give credit to Baynes. Another game where he was better. 17 minutes, and ended up with a +2. He's figuring out the system I think and is slowly getting more comfortable with what he has to do on offense. Turning what was once a bad contract into a decent one.

Comment

• Dvdvideo wrote: View Post
            On a side note, I've been wondering..... .
            on every single play, players from each team complain to the refs over and over and over again.
            Besides this being a horrible role model for kids, has any team ever considered handling it differently? I mean at this point, the refs must just pretend to listen to every "he got me" and "there was no foul!", like white noise.

Option 1 : You tell the players no complaining to refs period. If they do, they don't play. If they have something to.complain to the refs, they inform the coach and he's the only one who talks to the refs.

Option 2, and more interesting: The raps hold a meeting, they take a vote to see if they agree to try something new. No complaing to the refs ever - period, and that includes the coach. At first though, you say crazy, right? But maybe, just maybe, the refs, appreciate this as they get yelled at for 48 mins every game, and they by human nature (the team you actually like and respect), raps get better calls. Who knows.......I have a strange feeling this would work.

0% chance this would be presented as an idea and 5% chance they would even try it.
            but what would they really have to lose......
            One other side benefit is they wouldn't be complaining during the game and maybe focused more on what they can actually control......
            The problem is that it's proven that the refs actually respond and give calls to flopping, yelling "and 1!" and gutteral noises like you've been shot on every drive to the tin. The refs might appreciate it, but no complaining would likely resonate as nothing happened and even less calls for your team. NBA refs are the worst pro officials on the planet....no other league has so many calls that clearly never happened.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

The problem is that it's proven that the refs actually respond and give calls to flopping, yelling "and 1!" and gutteral noises like you've been shot on every drive to the tin. The refs might appreciate it, but no complaining would likely resonate as nothing happened and even less calls for your team. NBA refs are the worst pro officials on the planet....no other league has so many calls that clearly never happened.
              I think the flopping, yelling, and and 1 is ok. Its the complaining after every play that should go.
              I do realize it would "take the pressure" off the refs but wonder if it might be offset by the goodwill.
              Anyhow, they nba could themselves imminent something, or at least try something like at least having complaints run-through just the team captain or coach.

Comment

I think the flopping, yelling, and and 1 is ok. Its the complaining after every play that should go.
                I do realize it would "take the pressure" off the refs but wonder if it might be offset by the goodwill.
                Anyhow, they nba could themselves imminent something, or at least try something like at least having complaints run-through just the team captain or coach.
                I disagree on the flopping entirely. No like the NHL briefly tried; call for unsportmanlike, 2 shots and the ball. Have the announcer say "foul on number 23 unsportsmanlike flopping"or embellishment or whatever.... Embarrass the f*ck out of them. NBA loves the flopping....

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

I disagree on the flopping entirely. No like the NHL briefly tried; call for unsportmanlike, 2 shots and the ball. Have the announcer say "foul on number 23 unsportsmanlike flopping"or embellishment or whatever.... Embarrass the f*ck out of them. NBA loves the flopping....
                  I dont care for flopping, but I'm not sure you can tell the players to never take a charge......and some are borderline so it would be tough to police

Comment

I dont care for flopping, but I'm not sure you can tell the players to never take a charge......and some are borderline so it would be tough to police
                    No flopping doesn't mean don't take a charge. Flopping is embellishment when there was no or incidental contact. Similar to when guys throw their heads back and yell when an elbow comes through and doesn't even touch them

Comment

• OG questionable for tonight

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                        OG questionable for tonight
                        Over a couple of stitches? C'mon OG, toughen up

Comment

Working...
                        X