X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• white men can't jump
    replied
    TRex wrote: View Post
    Btw, if its up to me there's only 5 players that deserves to be recognized and 2 of them are still active(Carter & Bosh). The other 3? Damon, Oakley and Davis. That's it.
    I don't even get why people like to throw Damon in there. He was the first person to give up on the franchise. He played like a selfish young wannabe star while he was here and left in a way where we were extremely lucky we got anything for him. He didn't lead this franchise to any success, wasn't a high character guy, didn't do much in the city, and basically probably never saw it as more than a chance to put up stats and find a way out as soon as possible.

I see no reason to honour him....because he was the team's first pick? Because he was our best player when we were a dreadful expansion team? No thanks.

*List of guys I'd honour before Damon (inactive guys)...Mo Pete, Davis, Oakley, Willis, Dell Curry, Muggsy Bogues, Doug Christie, Alvin Williams, Anthony Parker, heck maybe even Rasho too...Give me winners and leaders over chuckers any day.
    Last edited by white men can't jump; Wed Oct 8, 2014, 01:47 PM.

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    Btw, if its up to me there's only 5 players that deserves to be recognized and 2 of them are still active(Carter & Bosh). The other 3? Damon, Oakley and Davis. That's it.

Leave a comment:

• mjt20mik
    replied
    Hey lets all honor J. Rose.. the guy that allowed Kobe to score 81 on us.

Leave a comment:

• Eric Akshinthala
    replied
    peanutwoozle wrote: View Post
    I'd take him off the list and replace him with AD.
    The reason I didn't include Davis is 'cause of his attitude. He whined his way out of town. I know Carter did the same, but he's Vince Carter.

Leave a comment:

• Eric Akshinthala
    replied
    Axel wrote: View Post
    You'd drop Mo Pete? Are you crazy? He had way more impact than some of the other guys on the list (Oakley was good here for what, 2 seasons? JYD was not even that long before he was just a novelty act). Mo Pete deserves to be one of the highest praised. Other than the still active VC, Bosh and Jose, no one gave more to the Raptors than Mo Pete.
    Agree a 100%. Talent wise he may be in the bottom but in terms of effort and loyalty, Mo is easily No.1. A fighter from start to finish, he loved being a Raptor.

Leave a comment:

• Axel
    replied
    You'd drop Mo Pete? Are you crazy? He had way more impact than some of the other guys on the list (Oakley was good here for what, 2 seasons? JYD was not even that long before he was just a novelty act). Mo Pete deserves to be one of the highest praised. Other than the still active VC, Bosh and Jose, no one gave more to the Raptors than Mo Pete.

Leave a comment:

• Axel
    replied
    Raptorsss wrote: View Post
    The Jays won two World Series, they get a pass.
    Which was before the Raps even existed, so does this pass never expire or do the jays actually have to make the playoffs some decade?

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    Parker, Ford? Actually even Damon and TMac who were eager to leave don't deserve to be on the list.

Carter, Oakley, Christie, A Williams, JYD, MoPete, Bosh, Calderon, Derozan, Lowry. I don't think it's limited to non-playing players.
    Pretty sure it's limited to non playing players.

Anyways, i forgot about Davis. He DEFINITELY should be up there. He was an all star for the Raps back in 2001. Taking Ford off my list for Davis.

Leave a comment:

• Edgar
    replied
    Where's Bargnani rank here?!?

Leave a comment:

• white men can't jump
    replied
    Actually, I think the better way to do it would be to take JYD off for AD. I get that JYD was popular, but he was never that good or valuable. It's definitely a case of popularity seriously inflating what a guy actually meant to the team on the court.

Leave a comment:

• peanutwoozle
    replied
    Eric Akshinthala wrote: View Post

Parker, Ford? Actually even Damon and TMac who were eager to leave don't deserve to be on the list.

Carter, Oakley, Christie, A Williams, JYD, MoPete, Bosh, Calderon, Derozan, Lowry. I don't think it's limited to non-playing players.

Leave a comment:

• Eric Akshinthala
    replied
    [QUOTE=TRex;368176]Seriously though, honour Rose for what? nothing against him, but what has he accomplished here??

I know, i read somewhere last year that the Raps were planning to honour or recognize their past this coming season. I could easily think of 10 former/retired Raps that are more worthy than Rose.

Not in order:

1. Damon
    2. Oakley
    3. Davis
    4. T-Mac
    5. Alvin
    6. JYD
    7. MoPete
    8. Christie
    9. Parker
    10. Ford

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    minks77 wrote: View Post
    I was thinking the same thing about the 20y/20p thing. Wonder if Donyell makes the list. I remember that night he tied Kobe's record for 3's in a game. A good night in a long season.
    Donyell marshall!!! Maybe its just nostalgia of my youth but i love recalling the old raptors. I remember him being really good lol.

Leave a comment:

• blackjitsu
    replied
    Raptorsss wrote: View Post
    Sigh. So true...so true...

Leave a comment:

• Raptorsss
    replied
    blackjitsu wrote: View Post
    Jalen and Jacoby did their own top 10 back courts in the NBA -- Demar and Kyle came 4th: Ahead of Wall n Beal(5th), and the Cavs back court. Splash brothers beat them(I think they had them 3rd?). Manu and Tony Parker were their #1 back court.

You probably just answered your own question 20 years...so it's probably a top 20 list. With 20 former players visiting throughout the year -- pretty similar to something the Jays occasionally do.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X