Game 17 Toronto Raptors vs. Indiana Pacers - 7:00 PM EST Monday Jan 25/21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH wrote: View Post

It's not. I'm not saying it is. But to say the only reason Nick would have for not playing Thomas is because he's just a jerk is flat wrong, it's not like the Raps have been dominating his minutes and Nick is happily throwing away success to say screw you.

I want Thomas to play more. Certainly over TD and Bembry and McCaw whenever he recovers, certainly over Stan if he's ever in a guard spot. But not ahead of Malachi for the most part. But the reality is I want that in spite of what has worked and what hasn't early in the season. Which, of course, is not the be all end all, but is still something, right?
    Something is always something, so yeah sure, that's something. Thomas might be a Trump supporter, so that could also be something. <j/k>

I mean Pascal probably had the team-worst net rating after 5 games, in over 190 minutes. That's a huge sample size + the bubble. Probably should've nailed Pascal to the bench after 5 games and start Stanley at PF, which would free up more bench minutes for Bembry. Could be onto something, right?

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Something is always something, so yeah sure, that's something. Thomas might be a Trump supporter, so that could also be something. <j/k>

I mean Pascal probably had the team-worst net rating after 5 games, in over 190 minutes. That's a huge sample size + the bubble. Probably should've nailed Pascal to the bench after 5 games and start Stanley at PF, which would free up more bench minutes for Bembry. Could be onto something, right?
      No?

Literally all I said was Nick can hardly be accused of just being a jerk for not playing him considering that they've lost his minutes rather handily in the few times he has hit the floor. You can criticize his rotation decisions all you like (and I do so freely in case you hadn't noticed) but not playing Thomas much is hardly his most egregious counter-evidence decision.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

No?

Literally all I said was Nick can hardly be accused of just being a jerk for not playing him considering that they've lost his minutes rather handily in the few times he has hit the floor. You can criticize his rotation decisions all you like (and I do so freely in case you hadn't noticed) but not playing Thomas much is hardly his most egregious counter-evidence decision.
        Yeah you dont just play a single player, you have to play a full lineup. Its kinda tricky to fit lineups, when you have to get real creative with personell and play style with the bigs. 3 guard lineups are pretty tough to play right now, so if youre Thomas you really have to beat out Powell for more minutes. TD and Bembry have potential to fit well defensively at the 2 or 3, but TD has been sloppy and its a lot of nonshooters if Bembry plays much. I still think there are lineups out there Nurse can try to get some good Thomas minutes, though most hinge on Baynes returning to a league average center.

Comment

No?

dan Im not saying thomas getting 20 minutes a game is gonna put us back into second place just that the last time this team was rolling was prior to the bubble when the bench scored 100 points only to be..well - benched in the playoffs and that didnt work and it hasnt since yet nick keeps doing the same thing. In most things when something doesnt change the results will remain the same and i suspect thats what will continue while nurse keeps doing the same thing - giving big minutes to an inefficient starting five and popping in a stanley or norm off the bench

Comment

Working...
          X