Raptors Rebrand Theory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• godkingleonidas wrote: View Post
    Somewhere Nets fans are trolling & cackling hysterically.
    kinda like the way i cackled on wednesday BABY
    "Bruno?
    Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
    He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
      This just got tweeted by the Raps:

If that is the new colour scheme, looks like my prediction was true!!!!!!!
      I also petitioned for the Red and Gold, so I'm quite pleased. Curious if they'll keep this one:

or just replacing this one:
      Last edited by Joey; Fri Dec 19, 2014, 07:20 PM.

Comment

• Why are they messing with the "Claw"?

This is unambiguous and speaks to "menacing" which is what I want the Raptors to be. They can incorporate all the circles and other peripheral shit ...but dont mess with simplicity and clarity.

Comment

• Comment

• Anyone could have made this logo in like a week if they put any effort. Really disappointed

Comment

• gametime wrote: View Post
              Aaaaaaaand boom! Who are you man! ?!?
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Ok. That looks sharp. Is that on navy?
                @EdTubb - edwardtubb at gmail

Comment

• It does look fresh as fuck i want thaf hat
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• I still think there will be another logo. Playing on the dino

Comment

• I think I'll buy up all the current "claw" gear I can... I won't be buying this new design for quite some time.

Comment

• LegendaryGringo wrote: View Post
                        Anyone could have made this logo in like a week if they put any effort. Really disappointed
                        I mean. Is there any logo out there that is like, artistically complex?

That's not really what logo making is about, I don't think.

I don't think it's about the logo being cool, that doesn't really mean much.

It's about contributing to the team's brand.

All the most iconic logos are that way because of what they represent. It has to take on meaning and be part of a whole.

Expecting the new logo to be awesome and super cool is the wrong approach I think.

and that hat looks SICK
                        Last edited by stooley; Fri Dec 19, 2014, 07:46 PM.
                        "Bruno?
                        He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• stooley wrote: View Post
                          I mean. Is there any logo out there that is like, artistically complex?

That's not really what logo making is about, I don't think.

I don't think it's about the logo being cool, that doesn't really mean much.

It's amount contributing to the team's brand.

All the most iconic logos are that way because of what they represent. It has to take on meaning and be part of a whole.

Expecting the new logo to be awesome and super cool is the wrong approach I think.

and that hat looks SICK
                          Good design isn't about artistic complexity, it's just about having that 'it' factor. That's why I like the Nets re-brand - simple, but very strong, and obviously the work of skilled professionals.
                          "Stop eating your sushi."
                          "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                          "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                          - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• This is clearly one of those designs that look better in the flesh.
                            @EdTubb - edwardtubb at gmail

Comment

• Doesn't matter where you go.... everyone either likes it or hates it.
                              Axel wrote:
                              Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                              KeonClark wrote:
                              We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                              KeonClark wrote:
                              I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                                Good design isn't about artistic complexity, it's just about having that 'it' factor. That's why I like the Nets re-brand - simple, but very strong, and obviously the work of skilled professionals.
                                I dunno, the Nets unis are a little boring to me. And their mascot was brutal. I like this logo. We'll see.
                                "Bruno?
                                He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X