Raptors Rebrand Theory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tucas wrote: View Post
    I know a guy who works for the agency that's designing the jerseys and apparently they will be black, gold and silver.
    Those colors sound nice and all, but I'd honestly just rather keep our current color scheme and uni's. I hope it's not too much of a difference.

Comment

I heard a theory that it'll be more of a copper color. But that's just what I heard
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

There needs to remain at least one normal colour, silver and gold are and should always be just accents. If you implement gold then you should keep the red as well, or purple... I think that a colour way of black / white / gold + red or purple would look great. I just keep thinking of the 2014 team Canada hockey jerseys from Russia. The ones with the gold trim.

Comment

The team has been building a good thing these last two seasons. I don't wanna take the whole "Canada's Team" thing away from everyone else that isn't living here in Toronto. They identify with it now, I just hope a whole new drastic change to the color scheme wouldn't take them away from that. Obviously, us true, hardcores will remain, but it might be hard to get a lot of the on-the-fencers to come aboard when the team is at an all-time high. I dunno... Obviously it just comes down to team play, but all the marketing and such could be negatively effected.

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
            The team has been building a good thing these last two seasons. I don't wanna take the whole "Canada's Team" thing away from everyone else that isn't living here in Toronto. They identify with it now, I just hope a whole new drastic change to the color scheme wouldn't take them away from that. Obviously, us true, hardcores will remain, but it might be hard to get a lot of the on-the-fencers to come aboard when the team is at an all-time high. I dunno... Obviously it just comes down to team play, but all the marketing and such could be negatively effected.
            I doubt people outside Toronto are fans of Raptors because jersey colors are Red and White. A lot of people outside Toronto love purple jerseys.
            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

I'm not a huge fan of the Canada's team thing. I live literally 4 hours away from Toronto and I know more non raptors fans than I do raptors fans. I'm sure it's like that most places, especially out west and east.

I like the idea of black, gold and copper but I think we need a bit of actual colour or it seems eerily similar to Brooklyn's black and white branding. I wouldn't mind a bit of red with it.

Comment

Black & Gold
                "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                  I doubt people outside Toronto are fans of Raptors because jersey colors are Red and White. A lot of people outside Toronto love purple jerseys.
                  I'm not saying they do, but just as far as a marketing perspective goes, having the Red and White doesn't hurt. Those colors are obviously tied into anything Canada related.

Comment

Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                    I'm not a huge fan of the Canada's team thing. I live literally 4 hours away from Toronto and I know more non raptors fans than I do raptors fans. I'm sure it's like that most places, especially out west and east.

I like the idea of black, gold and copper but I think we need a bit of actual colour or it seems eerily similar to Brooklyn's black and white branding. I wouldn't mind a bit of red with it.
                    Exactly, plus I am doubting the monochromatic scheme will age the greatest, at least purple ties to the history. Use it in conjunction

Comment

I don't see a big change happening. Why would we waste money on a new floor if we're changing it this summer again? I like the idea of purple accent with our current colour scheme
                      "Bruno?
                      Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                      He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

As long as they keep building the team and striving for a championship, they could change to avocado green, with mango orange accents and I wouldn't care.

Comment

Drake was quoted as saying:

“I think people are going to be floored with what we have in store for next season ... It’s gone really well. We have some exciting things in the works. It’s going to be a full rebrand,”
                          http://www.torontosun.com/2014/12/17...-by-rebranding

That sounds like more than just a slight tweak.

Comment

I wish they would get rid of the red jerseys and also the claw too looks so dumb .

Go back to the purple and the Dino. And change the court too. Freakin claw looks corny as fuck bring back the raptor
                            2006-07 NBA Coach of the Year

Comment

SamMitchells wrote: View Post
                              I wish they would get rid of the red jerseys and also the claw too looks so dumb .

Go back to the purple and the Dino. And change the court too. Freakin claw looks corny as fuck bring back the raptor
                              I feel the exact opposite. I find the dinosaur image to be super cartoonish/childish. It's less of a logo, and more of a Pixar creation.

I like the minimalist approach with the claw.

Comment

I said it before: Black, Red and Gold ala AI Sixers with the purple throwback as full-time alt. No other changes needed....
                                Axel wrote:
                                Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                                KeonClark wrote:
                                We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                                KeonClark wrote:
                                I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Working...
                                X