Raptors Rebrand Theory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cody73 wrote: View Post

I don't like..... way too simple and bland. Come on guys.
    Yep. As thoroughly unimaginative as the logo rebrand.

We don't need anything super complicated but I was hoping for a little creativity. Just have to hope that the mock-ups missed the boat and the real ones will be more striking.

This trend towards minimalism has made a lot of design work terribly boring.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
      Is sportslogos a reputable source?
      Best in the Mockup/logo news business. They get news on everything.... I mean it. I'm on the forums over there myself and I've seen leaks on multiple logos.
      Axel wrote:
      Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
      KeonClark wrote:
      We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
      KeonClark wrote:
      I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Best in the Mockup/logo news business. They get news on everything.... I mean it. I'm on the forums over there myself and I've seen leaks on multiple logos.
        Were they accurate though?

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
          I hope not, these jerseys are so simple.
          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
            Yes.. I saw leaks of the Vikings, Dolphins and Bucs jerseys for the NFL. All the leaks were right.
            Axel wrote:
            Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
            KeonClark wrote:
            We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
            KeonClark wrote:

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Yes.. I saw leaks of the Vikings, Dolphins and Bucs jerseys for the NFL. All the leaks were right.
              Nice.
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Those jerseys are again similar to the nets, I can't help but think that all these leaks, the jerseys & logo, are all just a bash fest on Brooklyn. Going with all the fuck Brooklyn drama from last year, I could totally see a complete different logo & jerseys being revealed and ownership going " you didn't think we were spending all this money to get that tacky look, did you?"

It just doesn't add up if these leaks are true, both designs are direct ripoffs... I'm expecting a reveal that blows the nets redesign away

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                  Nice.
                  Yep... it was really nice. Except that barftastic Bucs jersey.
                  Axel wrote:
                  KeonClark wrote:
                  KeonClark wrote:

Comment

Yep... it was really nice. Except that barftastic Bucs jersey.
                    Yeah not sure what they were thinking lol.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Those mock ups are not real. The article says sportslogo.net learned three things from a Raptors insider:

- small claw logo positioned under the numbers on the front (they put the torn ball logo on the mock-ups, not the claw logo, so either the write up or the mock up is wrong)
                      - four uniforms with the colour scheme shown (no surprise here - they're using red, white, black, and gold)
                      - simple Arial-like font (wtf is "Arial-like"? the font they used on their mock ups is nothing like on any existing Raptors designs, and "Arial-like" may be the most useless description of a font ever)

They admitted to making everything else up, including the striping and the shorts design.
                      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• breakin_ankles wrote: View Post
                        Those jerseys are again similar to the nets, I can't help but think that all these leaks, the jerseys & logo, are all just a bash fest on Brooklyn. Going with all the fuck Brooklyn drama from last year, I could totally see a complete different logo & jerseys being revealed and ownership going " you didn't think we were spending all this money to get that tacky look, did you?"

It just doesn't add up if these leaks are true, both designs are direct ripoffs... I'm expecting a reveal that blows the nets redesign away
                        Lol if this theory is true, it would one of the greatest trolls of all time
                        "Stop eating your sushi."
                        "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                        "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                        - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                          The fact that they produced and gave away all that merchandise would show real commitment to the prank.

It's kind of hilariously sad that we're hoping this is all some sort of elaborate joke.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                            The fact that they produced and gave away all that merchandise would show real commitment to the prank.

It's kind of hilariously sad that we're hoping this is all some sort of elaborate joke.
                            Oh god I know. But I really am hoping....
                            "Stop eating your sushi."
                            "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                            "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                            - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                              Those mock ups are not real. The article says sportslogo.net learned three things from a Raptors insider:

- small claw logo positioned under the numbers on the front (they put the torn ball logo on the mock-ups, not the claw logo, so either the write up or the mock up is wrong)
                              - four uniforms with the colour scheme shown (no surprise here - they're using red, white, black, and gold)
                              - simple Arial-like font (wtf is "Arial-like"? the font they used on their mock ups is nothing like on any existing Raptors designs, and "Arial-like" may be the most useless description of a font ever)

They admitted to making everything else up, including the striping and the shorts design.
                              1. The small logo was used as it counts as a claw logo. Claw marks do count.

2. The font is the font from the new logo. That font is very similar to Arial.

3. Everything else might've been made up, but from what he got, this maybe very close to the final product.
                              Axel wrote:
                              KeonClark wrote:
                              KeonClark wrote:

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                                It would be amazing... I wouldn't be surprised if the ball with claw marks (no writing) remains an alternate logo, but I think they have a full logo and so different jerseys that are going to be released.
                                So the merchandise 5hat was produced and released isn't wasted, but they idea of us copying the nets all the way is just jokes I'm sure.

Comment

Working...
                                X