Raptors Rebrand Theory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joey wrote: View Post
    I'd like to see "Toronto" on one of the home/ Away Jerseys. Otherwise, these are pretty crisp.
    Sadly, the Raptors script is being used on all 4.

Chris Creamer himself (The guy who made the 1st mockup I showed) saw what the jerseys looked like.... for real this time.

I finally was able to get a look at the actual Raptors uniforms recently.

Here's what I can confirm, just from memory

- four uniforms

- white home, red road, black alternate, black/gold "drake" alternate

- all four uniforms follow the exact same template, just the colours are changed around

- all four jerseys say "RAPTORS" across the front, none say "TORONTO"

- the jersey wordmarks leaked earlier are legit, that very basic block font

- number font is nothing I've seen used before (you really see it in the number "4") but still "blockish" in general

- the ball/claw logo is on the side of the shorts

- the trim on the side of the jerseys are broken up by two horizontal stripes close to the armpits, a nod to their current jersey design

What I'm still unsure about:

- while my source told me there is a small logo under the numbers, the versions I saw did not have this logo

I'll try and get some mockups put together, probably for an article on the site
    Axel wrote:
    Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
    KeonClark wrote:
    We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
    KeonClark wrote:
    I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
      Sadly, the Raptors script is being used on all 4.

Chris Creamer himself (The guy who made the 1st mockup I showed) saw what the jerseys looked like.... for real this time.
      Well that's disappointing.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
        Well that's disappointing.
        I agree here.

In fact, this whole rebrand has been. It's been minimalistic, bland and boring.

I'm not saying I don't like it, but with a name like the Raptors, I was hoping that we would see something more bold. Something that would be more 90's, yet subtle.

I was hoping for something like what the Bucks are doing. In fact, I'm loving the Bucks redesign..... except for the rumours a black jersey is gonna be added....

Besides that, the Bucks redesign is perfect.
        Axel wrote:
        Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
        KeonClark wrote:
        We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
        KeonClark wrote:
        I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Personally I like simplicity
          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• i hate the fact that we legitimately are going to have a "drake" jersey. Hate the drake!

Also would much prefer if they all said "TORONTO" rather than "RAPTORS". Team name sucks, lets not emphasize it more.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
              i hate the fact that we legitimately are going to have a "drake" jersey. Hate the drake!

Also would much prefer if they all said "TORONTO" rather than "RAPTORS". Team name sucks, lets not emphasize it more.
              well they are marketing it as "Canada's team". Having Toronto written wouldn't make sense from that point of view.
              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Oh god this whole Drake thing is getting out of hand. A whole jersey just for him. What's next, we gonna dedicate a whole seating section or create a holiday in his name? oh wait..

Im actually embarrassed for the Raptors. Nothing against Drake, but seriously what the fuck?
                Last edited by Sig; Sat May 9, 2015, 09:53 PM.

Comment

• And where's the GODDAMN purple, I really thought they were going to go that route. Especially considering how much the fans love it.

The retro gear is a lot more popular than the stuff they got now, doesn't take a marketing genius to recognize that.

Comment

• I don't mind the Drake jerseys just cause they look good but I wish they weren't because of him lol
                    You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• Mr.Z wrote: View Post
                      I don't mind the Drake jerseys just cause they look good but I wish they weren't because of him lol
                      That's kind of where my head is at too.

The black/gold looks pretty sharp. Dissociate the Drake, and it's all good.

Comment

• Raptors fans are a fickle bunch. A lot of hate for a celebrity that is a raptors fan. Maybe we should just be happy that anyone famous is supporting our team. I wonder if spike lee gets this much shit from Knicks fans. Watch the drake jersey be the best seller by far.

As for not having purple, I think they're happy selling a ton of throwback jerseys in addition to these new ones. Why cut your market in half? People don't buy the throwbacks because they contain the color purple, they buy them because they're so comically ridiculous 90s nostalgia.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Personally I like simplicity
                          From a distance that logo on the shorts will definitely look like a watermelon.
                          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                            From a distance that logo on the shorts will definitely look like a watermelon.
                            And who doesn't like watermelons?
                            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                              And who doesn't like watermelons?
                              Still better than Pelicans....

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                                Still better than Pelicans....
                                I'd like to see a watermelon do this:

"We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Working...
                                X