No announcement yet.

Raptors Rebrand Theory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is anyone else tired of of this pseudo rebrand?

Let's play some basketball already.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
      Is anyone else tired of of this pseudo rebrand?

Let's play some basketball already.
      I know right :/ The draft/FA excitement is over and we've got a long way to go. I heard pounding back 40's really helps pass the time. Wake up and it's October.
      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
        That's still just the primary logo and the partial primary. The Primary, Secondary, and Tertiary logos are wholly different, not just a different color scheme. Check out these links and you'll see what the NBA requires for teams making new logos. It's 3 distinct logos and 2 partials.

http://www.nba.com/bucks/new-logo
        http://www.nba.com/sixers/news/150512-logos

The Hawks didn't have this.

Neither did the Clippers.

Only the Sixers and Bucks.
        Axel wrote:
        Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
        KeonClark wrote:
        We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
        KeonClark wrote:
        I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
          The Hawks didn't have this.

Neither did the Clippers.

Only the Sixers and Bucks.
          The Hawks released their primary and secondary:

Pretty sure the stylized "ATL" on their new alternate jerseys qualifies as a 3rd logo since they're using it by itself on merchandise, whereas they couldn't just sell a red shirt that says Atlanta and have it be associated with the team.

The Clippers only have two different logos, but they broke up the primary into two partials instead of one.
          Primary:

Secondary:

Partial1:

Partial2:

At worst we're getting another distinct logo and another partial. We've only seen our primary and the partial primary. I'd guess the rest of the logos will be revealed with the Jerseys since that's where they're used (on the jerseys).

Comment

• omg that Clippers rebrand is hard to look at. at least we're not them!

Comment

• "The silver lining in the Clippers wordmark alludes to the renewed collective optimism of Clippers nation."

My first response was mockery. Then I thought about how much they must have been paid to come up with that hackneyed bullshit.
              Last edited by JimiCliff; Thu Jul 16, 2015, 03:54 PM.
              "Stop eating your sushi."
              "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
              "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
              - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                "The silver lining in the Clippers alludes to the renewed collective optimism of Clippers nation."

My first response was mockery. Then I thought about how much they must have been paid to come up with that hackneyed bullshit.
                Bahaha. I love the bit about the blue line being the ocean's horizon. Which means the red line below it represents hell, a concept Clippers fans are quite familiar with. Lots of hell.
                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Raptors Rebrand Theory

http://imgur.com/WCz2uBI

Looks like a legit league-sanctioned release... Not a great view but I'm pretty sure I've seen those unis before...
                  A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

• e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
                    http://imgur.com/WCz2uBI

Looks like a legit league-sanctioned release... Not a great view but I'm pretty sure I've seen those unis before...
                    Those jerseys look the same as the old ones except for the font.
                    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                      Those jerseys look the same as the old ones except for the font.
                      Yeah... Which isn't bad or good imo, but why not just leave things the way they were? If you really needed a basketball in the main logo, you could always do the claw logo (that was our half court for a while) or the one with the Dino bouncing one
                      A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

• What's on the left side of the shorts facing us? The right side is the logo but they wouldn't have put the logo twice, right?

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                          What's on the left side of the shorts facing us? The right side is the logo but they wouldn't have put the logo twice, right?
                          Good question, the photo resolution is too small to tell.

At least the stripes down the sides of the jersey look small and thin, not the big bulky ugly shit some of the mockups had.

Comment

• Those look fine. Third best out of the five.
                            "Stop eating your sushi."
                            "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                            "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                            - Jack Armstrong

Comment

What's on the left side of the shorts facing us? The right side is the logo but they wouldn't have put the logo twice, right?
                              Player # maybe?

Comment

It seems to be the same logo.

However, there's something new on the waistband, ala Hawks.....
                                Axel wrote:
                                Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                                KeonClark wrote:
                                We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                                KeonClark wrote:
                                I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Working...
                                X