No announcement yet.

Raptors Rebrand Theory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really dong find project 34's designs very exciting. They look like college jerseys.
    You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

godkingleonidas wrote: View Post
      Only project 34 will do.

No thanks. It's called rebranding not reblanding (zing!). I want something that makes the team stand out, whether its ugly or not. I still love the Vancouver Grizzlies jerseys, despite the fact that brown and turquoise are a revolting colour combination. It was original and it stuck. I'd be fully okay with us going back to the original Purple jerseys, with a slightly modern twist. Even the purple front and black back jerseys were cool.

Comment

Most importantly of all is that the military uniforms are going to be sleeved this year based on 2k15 where they're sleeved.

How the ugly can get uglier.

Comment

Whether intended or not, the Raps are Jurassic Park (the movie) are forever linked. The movie phenom got a bunch of kids (and adults) to know what "raptor" was then name a professional basketball team after one. Many years later, the scene of our playoff hysteria was repatriated as "Jurassic Park". Next year is the 20th anniversary of the Raps...so, of course, a new Jurassic movie (Jurassic World). We knew all that. Here's an interesting switch. Apparently, in the new instalment, the raptors are the "good guys". Might make it a little easier to cheer for them and their namesake at the same time. Gotta think there's going to be some cross promotion next year. They can't ignore it.

"Fifth, Chris Pratt will play as the dinosaur expert who saves the day with the help of his raptor friends. The actor will basically be playing the savior role, and he’s got the velociraptors on his side, commanding them to do lead the search for the missing manmade dinosaur"

http://movienewsguide.com/jurassic-w...-forward/32641

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post
            Whether intended or not, the Raps are Jurassic Park (the movie) are forever linked. The movie phenom got a bunch of kids (and adults) to know what "raptor" was then name a professional basketball team after one. Many years later, the scene of our playoff hysteria was repatriated as "Jurassic Park". Next year is the 20th anniversary of the Raps...so, of course, a new Jurassic movie (Jurassic World). We knew all that. Here's an interesting switch. Apparently, in the new instalment, the raptors are the "good guys". Might make it a little easier to cheer for them and their namesake at the same time. Gotta think there's going to be some cross promotion next year. They can't ignore it.

"Fifth, Chris Pratt will play as the dinosaur expert who saves the day with the help of his raptor friends. The actor will basically be playing the savior role, and he’s got the velociraptors on his side, commanding them to do lead the search for the missing manmade dinosaur"

http://movienewsguide.com/jurassic-w...-forward/32641
            I just wonder if the "raptors" will actually be "raptors"...since their design was actually based on a different dinosaur.

*EDIT: it would be funny if the "manmade" dinosaur were the raptors from the first movies, and we get raptor on raptor violence.

Comment

I was never a big fan of the purple. If it came back reworked into a new jersey I wouldn't be upset but I also happen to really like how the jerseys are now, the all red looks great.
              in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

https://twitter.com/chriskubinec/status/531566450427703297
                Last edited by gametime; Sun Nov 9, 2014, 06:54 PM.

Comment

I think I might like the purple better without the red trim. To my eyes, the red looks out of place.

Comment

Has any team ever used two uniforms that are completely different colour schemes before?

Comment

Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                      Has any team ever used two uniforms that are completely different colour schemes before?
                      I always thought it was kind of a rule that one of your uniforms have to be white (fuck the lakers)
                      A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

Is it just me or with the Raps winning, it seems less needed to do a rebrand?

Comment

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                          Is it just me or with the Raps winning, it seems less needed to do a rebrand?
                          I never really thought of the rebrand has having much to do with winning.

If anything, rebranding a winning team would basically guarantee more sales. Because everyone and their mother already has current Raptors gear.

Comment

Just met his guy at the Dog Park a few months ago, turns out he's the manager for Bookings and Suites at MLSE.
                            Gave me a little insight to the rebranding ... apparently it will be happening for next season, and won't likely be a major thing.
                            He said the colours might change a tiny bit, but mostly it'll be putting "Toronto" on to the Front of the Jersey, instead of "Raptors". Our Home, Away, and Camo alternate Jerseys just say "Raptors" while our Black Alternate says "Toronto".

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
                              Just met his guy at the Dog Park a few months ago, turns out he's the manager for Bookings and Suites at MLSE.
                              Gave me a little insight to the rebranding ... apparently it will be happening for next season, and won't likely be a major thing.
                              He said the colours might change a tiny bit, but mostly it'll be putting "Toronto" on to the Front of the Jersey, instead of "Raptors". Our Home, Away, and Camo alternate Jerseys just say "Raptors" while our Black Alternate says "Toronto".
                              I know a guy who works for the agency that's designing the jerseys and apparently they will be black, gold and silver.

Comment

tucas wrote: View Post
                                I know a guy who works for the agency that's designing the jerseys and apparently they will be black, gold and silver.
                                Close to what I read somewhere before. I read Black and yellowish somewhere a while ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X