Raptors Rebrand Theory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cody73 wrote: View Post
    I said it before: Black, Red and Gold ala AI Sixers with the purple throwback as full-time alt. No other changes needed....
    That sounds petfect

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
      It's less of a logo, and more of a Pixar creation.
      :O

Dino the Basketball playing Dinosaur. Coming soon to Theaters Near You!

Comment

I keep thinking the changes will be less and less drastic based on the teams success, and current relevance.
        Originally I had thought they would kid up the colour ways and keep the name but most likely leave the Dino behind... Probably change to raptor as a bird of prey. If they do choose to ditch the Dino and go for a bird... I sure hope they go with a peregrine falcon and not an owl... God if they actually go to black and Gold plus change the bird of choice to an owl... No thanks; too many Drake references. A falcon would be badass, colours black gold red and white.... The claw logo would still be semi relevant too.

It would be sweet to include in the new court design the shadow of a giant falcon stalking / striking prey from above. If I could do a render to get the idea out of my head I would totally post it.

Comment

One things forsure: no matter what happens, 95% of people will hate, criticize, and let us all know what the raptors SHOULD have done.
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

breakin_ankles wrote: View Post
            I keep thinking the changes will be less and less drastic based on the teams success, and current relevance.
            Originally I had thought they would kid up the colour ways and keep the name but most likely leave the Dino behind... Probably change to raptor as a bird of prey. If they do choose to ditch the Dino and go for a bird... I sure hope they go with a peregrine falcon and not an owl... God if they actually go to black and Gold plus change the bird of choice to an owl... No thanks; too many Drake references. A falcon would be badass, colours black gold red and white.... The claw logo would still be semi relevant too.

It would be sweet to include in the new court design the shadow of a giant falcon stalking / striking prey from above. If I could do a render to get the idea out of my head I would totally post it.

Comment

W.e it must be RAPTORS
              Not Toronto North
              With an igloo as our logo
              2006-07 NBA Coach of the Year

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
                Why does the hawks matter? The falcon is a superior predator, usually flying above other birds and taking them out... So I don't find your point?
                Think about it we would still be called raptors... Just we would be represented by a falcon, the hawks are represented by the bird for names sake whereas we would be represented by the nature of that bird.. The killer instinct. I feel that is perfect.

Comment

Comment

I like it...

Comment

That's pretty simple... I can dig it. I like the claw better though.

Comment

First Jurassic Park, now Game of Thrones. Somebody convinced MLSE pop cultural references won't become dated and poorly constructed grammar is a slogan.

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
                          First Jurassic Park, now Game of Thrones. Somebody convinced MLSE pop cultural references won't become dated and poorly constructed grammar is a slogan.
                          I cringe everytime i hear that "we dem boyz" remake saying "hold up...we the NORTH" pre tip off..Beyond cheesy

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post

It's not poor grammar. We, the North. We, the people.

And it's not really got. It's spinning the fact that it's cold here as a positive. We're gritty and we're proud of who we are

And it looks like the court colours featured prominently in that shield. Silver black red it looks like
                            "Bruno?
                            Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                            He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                              I like it...
                              Mack North wrote: View Post
                              That's pretty simple... I can dig it. I like the claw better though.
                              I like the simplicity, but I'm not sure I like the the red trim. But that's me nitpicking. I can definitely get used to it.

Comment

This doesn't seem like the complete new look because the colours haven't changed at all. Still black silver and red

Comment

Working...
                                X