No announcement yet.

Raptors Rebrand Theory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Always liked the claw....wish they could accentuate it a bit more...more talons please....make it "frightening! Thats the identity of the team.

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
      This is ALL I could see. Brooklyn was very smart about their 'minimalization' of stuff, and it started with their Black and White colour scheme. Toronto should avoid associating itself with Brooklyn like the plague.
      Lets hope this isn't the full version then. I may make some jerseys based off this now... I do like to do jersey concepts in my spare time.
      Axel wrote:
      Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
      KeonClark wrote:
      We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
      KeonClark wrote:
      I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
        Why do so many people want to Change to a bird? Dinosaurs are cooler and scarier. And the name raptor is still more synonymous with dinosaurs it would just get confusing.

Casual fan: why is there talons now?
        rr member: ah, you see, raptor also refers to a bird of prey! Back when the team was created Jurassic park was big in the box office but with the new manag-
        Casual fan: shut up.
        I'm not saying I want too, I'm saying it makes sense, think about it. Raptors have pretty much been proved to not look like they did in the movies. So we are a joke for not only being associated to pop culture that has aged but it's also incorrect

Comment

There is no way they stay just black and white with the logo, the design firm is way smarter than to basically mirror Brooklyn. I'm sure it is there way of displaying an alternate logo design without giving away the new colour ways. Please somebody with a render program do this logo with the Toronto raptors writing in red or purple and the ring in gold.... One of each preferably

I would but I'm on mobile

Comment

breakin_ankles wrote: View Post
            I'm not saying I want too, I'm saying it makes sense, think about it. Raptors have pretty much been proved to not look like they did in the movies. So we are a joke for not only being associated to pop culture that has aged but it's also incorrect
            Does anyone still associate this team with a Speilberg movie? That connection was severed years ago for me (probably when Vince came into the scene).

Comment

I honestly think the video and flag just show the generic template of the new logo. I do think its gonna be red and black

Comment

it doesnt makes sense AT ALL. i would say 99% of regular folk out there (especially around the world where basketball has much more international appeal than say, hockey) do not have any idea that a raptor is a bird of prey. this is a logo for a sports team. they shouldn't have to look on wikipedia to find out why the hell the logo is a bird.

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
                  it doesnt makes sense AT ALL. i would say 99% of regular folk out there (especially around the world where basketball has much more international appeal than say, hockey) do not have any idea that a raptor is a bird of prey. this is a logo for a sports team. they shouldn't have to look on wikipedia to find out why the hell the logo is a bird.
                  I'm not saying that bird of prey is the winning route I'm simply saying if they want to distance from the Dino (which is historically inaccurate) and keep the name then a bird is the remaining option.

Comment

I'm not saying that bird of prey is the winning route I'm simply saying if they want to distance from the Dino (which is historically inaccurate) and keep the name then a bird is the remaining option.
                    Is there a need to distance themselves from the dino? I personally don't see one.

Comment

• Personally I like the Dino, I'm just saying if

Comment

• Such an embarrassment rebranding. Adding the throwback games this year was awesome! Why do we need a full rebrand? Losers rebrand. Winning is the new brand, any idea of just black and white or any mention of gold is brutal. This will be our 4th rebrand in 20 years??!? How are we going to ever be taken seriously as a legit team... Subtle changes and additions are awesome but leave it at that

Comment

• New uniforms just around the corner!

Comment

• breakin_ankles wrote: View Post
                            WTF does it matter whether it's historically accurate? Ever listen to Utah jazz? Or swim in LA's lakes?
                            If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• breakin_ankles wrote: View Post
                              Why does the hawks matter? The falcon is a superior predator, usually flying above other birds and taking them out... So I don't find your point?
                              Think about it we would still be called raptors... Just we would be represented by a falcon, the hawks are represented by the bird for names sake whereas we would be represented by the nature of that bird.. The killer instinct. I feel that is perfect.

Comment

• SteveLiroy wrote: View Post
                                Such an embarrassment rebranding. Adding the throwback games this year was awesome! Why do we need a full rebrand? Losers rebrand. Winning is the new brand, any idea of just black and white or any mention of gold is brutal. This will be our 4th rebrand in 20 years??!? How are we going to ever be taken seriously as a legit team... Subtle changes and additions are awesome but leave it at that
                                What is this based on? I'm pretty sure these guys have been the #1 beverage in the world for eons.

Comment

Working...
                                X