No announcement yet.

Raptors Rebrand Theory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't get over it. What the actual fuck. Isn't SidLee supposed to be the best in the business?

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post
      I can't get over it. What the actual fuck. Isn't SidLee supposed to be the best in the business?
      The thing is, right now I dont like.

But it could be part of the brand, and they may be working on a great overall image.

Noone will remember the nets had that first in 10 years if they suck and we play good ball. Apple wasn't first to market, but noone remembers the palm

Especially if the red makes it different enough. I'm still optimistic. I don't actually dislike the logo. Just that it looks like the Nets
      "Bruno?
      Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
      He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• Seriously, this must just be another way to mock the nets, I bet once that tweet went up from them the people behind this had a real good laugh

Comment

• stooley wrote: View Post
          i think they're supposed to be claw marks, not claws
          Even claw marks would be straight. Doesn't really make sense. Plus, if those are claw marks, the fucking ball would be deflated. No one wants that! Poorly thought out concept imo.

Man, this commercial is laaaaaaame. The voiceover sounds like some hungover 20 year old recorded in his bedroom with no script.

But I have to say, I like the logo at the end. Looks better when you take the circle away.
          "Stop eating your sushi."
          "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
          "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
          - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
            I got a couple things I'm working on first, then I'll try my best to do that but that might be above my skill level. I'll be going to the Detroit game in a couple hours so I'll probably do a lot more smoothing when I get home, so expect a lot more new stuff at midnight tonight or maybe something tomorrow
            Awesome!
            - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• breakin_ankles wrote: View Post
              Seriously, this must just be another way to mock the nets, I bet once that tweet went up from them the people behind this had a real good laugh
              Yes that must be it, they changed their logo to that for the lulz.

Good one guys, you got em good!

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post
                I can't get over it. What the actual fuck. Isn't SidLee supposed to be the best in the business?
                My guess would be that there are a bunch of high-ranking decision makers in the organization who have no taste, and they veto anything cool.
                - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                  Even claw marks would be straight. Doesn't really make sense. Plus, if those are claw marks, the fucking ball would be deflated. No one wants that! Poorly thought out concept imo.

Man, this commercial is laaaaaaame. The voiceover sounds like some hungover 20 year old recorded in his bedroom with no script.

But I have to say, I like the logo at the end. Looks better when you take the circle away.
                  agree with sans circles actually - looks good

also, im splitting hairs, but claw marks would probably be jagged. Unless they're so sharp they make precision cuts. and realism isn't known as a priority in sports logos
                  Last edited by stooley; Fri Dec 19, 2014, 04:43 PM.
                  "Bruno?
                  He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• Ok i'll shut up till i see the final product. But this is garbage.

95% people on my TL are mocking the Raptors because of that new logo lol can't blame them.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

My guess would be that there are a bunch of high-ranking decision makers in the organization who have no taste, and they veto anything cool.
                      that's not how you get to be best in the biz lol
                      "Bruno?
                      He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

I think you may be over thinking it now.

Comment

agree with sans circles actually - looks good

also, im splitting hairs, but claw marks would probably be jagged. Unless they're so sharp they make precision cuts. and realism is known as a priority in sports logos
                          lol I'm taking this as a joke
                          - Jack Armstrong

Comment

that's not how you get to be best in the biz lol
                            I meant in the Raptors org
                            - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• SteveLiroy wrote: View Post
                              Not talking about beverages, sports franchises with history and the name and uniforms carry weight. Yankees, leafs, lakers, celtics, red wings... Just to name a few iconic franchises
                              What about the iconic organizations who have rebranded?

Comment

You're kidding right? You're complaining about a basketball not being deflated by the claw of a dinosaur lol

Comment

Working...
                                X