No announcement yet.

Raptors Rebrand Theory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would love to know how the brass (MLSE & Sid Lee) are taking the backlash. If this was expected as initial backlash that any new design gets or if this is actually worrying them?

Comment

• Guys, remember that no-one liked the Tampa Bay Bucs new uniforms and logo set. They didn't change back......
      Axel wrote:
      Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
      KeonClark wrote:
      We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
      KeonClark wrote:
      I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• TeamEd wrote: View Post
        - This is much, much better without the outer circle.
        - Without the circle it's less of a Brooklyn ripoff too.
        - The grey ball in a red circle that's apparently the real combo just doesn't work. It makes no sense to have the focus of your logo be 50% grey on a black background. That's design 101.
        - I don't like the grey at all.
        - The circular wordmark and font is excellent.
        - There's something about the way the clawmarks follow the curve of the stitches [what do you even call those on a basketball?] that looks off to me.
        - I'm a sucker for monchrome logos, but I guess if anything should be red it'd be the ball.
        - I really like the ball logo just plain on white.
        - Here's what I'm talking about:

Hot damn its insane how much fresher that is. red black and white or just red and white. They should start a "no circle" chant at the next home game
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• wtf man seriousLEE
          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• This just got tweeted by the Raps:

If that is the new colour scheme, looks like my prediction was true!!!!!!!
            Axel wrote:
            Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
            KeonClark wrote:
            We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
            KeonClark wrote:
            I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
              I would love to know how the brass (MLSE & Sid Lee) are taking the backlash. If this was expected as initial backlash that any new design gets or if this is actually worrying them?
              Like i said earlier, people would have hated no matter what they did. Literally, no matter what. Pretty sure they dont care.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

wtf man seriousLEE
                I knew that wasn't it... its getting better now... I still think theres more comming. Lets see.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

wtf man seriousLEE
                  This is like the 9th pic they've put up today do they even know whats going on lol

Comment

• I guess they shouldn't have let Dwane Casey design the new logo.
                    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                      Like i said earlier, people would have hated no matter what they did. Literally, no matter what. Pretty sure they dont care.
                      I agree, you'll always get some backlash, but I'd love to know how they feel about the whole #WeTheNets trend?

Comment

• Claw marks straight up looks like E lmao
                        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post

I'm complaining about the subconscious implications of this logo. Name me one other logo in sports that features the equipment of that sport being tarnished.
                          Jesus Christ are you kidding me. HOW DARE THEY TARNISH A BASKETBALL FOR THE LOVE OF NAISMITH

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                            This just got tweeted by the Raps:

I like this.. The unis will be unreal

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                              I guess they shouldn't have let Dwane Casey design the new logo.
                              KeonClark wrote: View Post
                              Jesus Christ are you kidding me. HOW DARE THEY TARNISH A BASKETBALL FOR THE LOVE OF NAISMITH
                              You Keons are killing it today lol
                              "Bruno?
                              Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                              He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                                This just got tweeted by the Raps:

Purple would look just as good as red with these other colours

Comment

Working...
                                X