Drake didn't design the logo.

Woulda looked something like this if he did

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post

Woulda looked something like this if he did
      With like a claw mark going right through the middle hahha
      "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Really like this one. Can they just make this their primary logo instead of the other one? lol

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Too much like brooklyn, i've seen better fan made logo's tbh

Comment

• Honestly, wait for the jerseys. Golden State's logo is pretty dull as well, but their jerseys are probably the best in the league.

Comment

• still find it odd to release the logo now and they say you can't get it til next year. It creates some hype but if you really can't get it....all the demand in the world doesn't matter if there's no supply. I wanted to get my kid some stuff but now I'll just wait til that comes out. Have to imagine there will be some counterfeit stuff out there soon.

Edit: still confused. they're giving a bunch away. The Open Gym crew has them. How can they not be rolling it out further til next season?
              Last edited by Jclaw; Sun Dec 21, 2014, 11:34 PM.

Comment

• Everytime I check back on this thread I like the new look more and more... That ball by itself is dope and seemingly timeless... I'm sure the jerseys will be jaw dropping.

Comment

• http://www.thepetitionsite.com/783/7...o-raptor-logo/

Not the best-written petition, but it's definitely getting traction.

Comment

• "Nope," responded a prominent Raptors' player bluntly after being asked if he liked the new logo he'll be wearing next season. "At least I don't have to pay the bill."

wow i wonder which prominent player just dissed the logo? ZAINAB FIND OUT FOR US!

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                      http://www.thepetitionsite.com/783/7...o-raptor-logo/

That is more about Drake hate than the logo, it just mentions that it is a carbon copy... Which it isn't. Similarities, yes, but a lot of logos have similarities. The ball and what it represents is best displayed when it is by itself, no ring and no words; which is most likely how it will usually be seen. If anybody believes that this logo is all that will represent this franchise moving forward after millions have been invested in a change is delusional. This is just the tip of the iceberg. It is a big picture, everybody is over focused on this small part... There may very well be secondary logo work, mascot redesign and of course the new jerseys and court
                      Everybody needs to chill

Comment

• breakin_ankles wrote: View Post
                        That is more about Drake hate than the logo, it just mentions that it is a carbon copy... Which it isn't. Similarities, yes, but a lot of logos have similarities. The ball and what it represents is best displayed when it is by itself, no ring and no words; which is most likely how it will usually be seen. If anybody believes that this logo is all that will represent this franchise moving forward after millions have been invested in a change is delusional. This is just the tip of the iceberg. It is a big picture, everybody is over focused on this small part... There may very well be secondary logo work, mascot redesign and of course the new jerseys and court
                        Everybody needs to chill
                        i dont like drake but that stupid petition is definitely just anti-drake nonsense. drake specifically said he had nothing to do with the logo.

they already said the mascot is staying the raptor.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                          http://www.thepetitionsite.com/783/7...o-raptor-logo/

That is definitely just a paragraph hating on Drake. Didn't Drake also tweet out that he had no input into designing the new logo, making that description even worse.

EDIT: Damn iblastoff way to beat me by a minute.

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
                            i dont like drake but that stupid petition is definitely just anti-drake nonsense. drake specifically said he had nothing to do with the logo.

they already said the mascot is staying the raptor.
                            Exactly, Drake had made it clear it was Sid Lee and MLSE, although can't say the same for the colours...

When did they say the raptor was staying the same? I recall them agreeing only on the name for sure remaining unchanged... I'm sure they will do something different with the mascot, even if it is just a light redo

Comment

• breakin_ankles wrote: View Post
                              Exactly, Drake had made it clear it was Sid Lee and MLSE, although can't say the same for the colours...

When did they say the raptor was staying the same? I recall them agreeing only on the name for sure remaining unchanged... I'm sure they will do something different with the mascot, even if it is just a light redo
                              http://www.thestar.com/sports/raptor...from_fans.html

And the stylized red dinosaur? You know, the Raptor? No sign of him on the logos, aside from the claw mark. The Raptor, however, will still be the team mascot.
                              could be wrong i suppose.

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
                                I checked out this article the morning following the release, the portion saying the raptor will remain the mascot doesn't mean it isn't getting a facelift, just that it will still be a raptor (but still a Dino?)

Comment

Working...
                                X