Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I like the logo. Gonna say it again.
    "Bruno?
    Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
    He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• TSN came out with their version lmao
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
        http://www.thepetitionsite.com/783/7...o-raptor-logo/

Not the best-written petition, but it's definitely getting traction.
        A petition, really? Some people really have nothing better to complain about.

#firstworldproblems

Comment

• they're going to have to unveil the unis soon before this hate goes through the roof

for the record i don't mind them
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• I encourage everyone to take a step back, and look at the logos of the 29 other teams, and do so pretending you've never seen them before (don't let familiarity influence your opinion).

The current Raptors logo, as well as the re-branded one, are better than most of the league's.

Comment

• I like the new logo(s) conceptually, but there are 2 things I dislike:

1. the execution of the claw marks seems messy (too many jagged edges and odd curves near the edge of the ball - it looks forced, which is ironic for an otherwise simplistic design)

2. too similar to Brooklyn's logo, which really prevents any points for originality and causes a negative first impression

I don't mind the gold being used as an alternate jersey, but I'm glad it didn't become part of the primary color scheme. Black, red, silver and white has the potential to look sharp, if done well.

Comment

• TeamEd wrote: View Post
                - This is much, much better without the outer circle.
                - Without the circle it's less of a Brooklyn ripoff too.
                - The grey ball in a red circle that's apparently the real combo just doesn't work. It makes no sense to have the focus of your logo be 50% grey on a black background. That's design 101.
                - I don't like the grey at all.
                - The circular wordmark and font is excellent.
                - There's something about the way the clawmarks follow the curve of the stitches [what do you even call those on a basketball?] that looks off to me.
                - I'm a sucker for monchrome logos, but I guess if anything should be red it'd be the ball.
                - I really like the ball logo just plain on white.
                - Here's what I'm talking about:

I saw an all black on red that actually looked pretty sick - one of the Vines, I think. That would be a good uni look - all red with that flat black and no third colour at all.
                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                  I encourage everyone to take a step back, and look at the logos of the 29 other teams, and do so pretending you've never seen them before (don't let familiarity influence your opinion).

The current Raptors logo, as well as the re-branded one, are better than most of the league's.
                  pretty much

also try and keep in mind how awful our current unis are
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                    http://www.thepetitionsite.com/783/7...o-raptor-logo/

Not the best-written petition, but it's definitely getting traction.
                    This is stupid .. Drake had nothing to do with it.

Comment

• i wonder how many of those people that signed the petition listen to 102.1 the edge
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                        i wonder how many of those people that signed the petition listen to 102.1 the edge
                        This,

Next Tim & Sid will have hashtags, and then SC will be hosting a top 10 for terrible logos.

Ratings driven hate.

Just Peep the hat in my avatar, any jersey that incorporates that is going to mint doh.

Comment

• 1. I don't mind the claw marks - logo was clear to me right away and not sure how people are confused about chili peppers.
                          2. In the circle with black/white/silver it looks way too Brooklyn, but some of the other colour schemes (especially off the black background) and without the circle it looks a lot better and more original.
                          3. Some fans do care a lot, and they should, because they spend hundreds (and thousands) of dollars on merch and they'll wear this logo, and their money helps pay for the team we all love. If you're not a guy who wears a jersey or buys merch or cares about logos, that's fine (I'm one of you), but recognize that fans who do spend have every right to take the logo seriously and voice their opinions about it.
                          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Awkward moments with Drake...

Comment

• Rapzilla wrote: View Post
                              So... do the Rap players even like Drake?

probably focused on the game. not to say its impossible though.
                              "Bruno?
                              He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

TSN came out with their version lmao
                                a portrait of Chris Bosh? he doesn't even play for us anymore!

coulda been worse guys! we dodged a bullet lol
                                "Bruno?
                                He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X