Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joey wrote: View Post
    Knew it. Thanks for posting those man.
    Told you guys Chris was the guy for logo stuff.

Now if you wanna knwo actual colours for a team... Colorwerx is your buddy.
    Axel wrote:
    Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
    KeonClark wrote:
    We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
    KeonClark wrote:
    I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Interesting that the mock ups above don't actually say "Toronto Raptors" anywhere on them, despite the mandates Chris tweeted about.

Comment

• Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
          That shirt looks awesome. Wish it wasn't $45, but will probably still pull the trigger.

Comment

I like the watermelon shirt, that cap looks like a $5 little league cap....
            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Ugh.... I hate this. It's so boring. As S.R. said, the cap looks like a little league freebee. Let's hope there's a new re-brand next year when LeBron and KD join the Raptors.

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
                Ugh.... I hate this. It's so boring. As S.R. said, the cap looks like a little league freebee. Let's hope there's a new re-brand next year when LeBron and KD join the Raptors.
                You know what though, they could sell DIY iron-on versions of that new circular patch and it would be awesome on jackets like this:

Or shorts like these (I think Joey was wearing these in his ACC video):

Or a backpack like this:

The focus group kids loved it!
                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

I agree that cap sucks. I've seen versions with a gold basketball, and a silver circle that looks way better. No idea how they decided on that cap design as the official color scheme of the main logo.

Last edited by Primer; Wed May 13, 2015, 04:13 PM.

Comment

• Glad I picked up a few hats around Christmas with the old school logo... Probably gonna find a few more with the claw before they're gone so I'm not forced into buying this crap if I wanna sport Raps gear. Anyone want my free t-shirt from game 2? I know I'll never wear it again!

Comment

• So this is it?

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• So wait... we're the Raptors, but there's no sign of the dinosaur anywhere in any of these logos? Just a cheap looking ball logo with a terrible claw slash? It just doesn't make any sense to me. How did these people get paid and who are the idiots approving this? They could have come up with a pretty fierce looking Raptor dinosaur... it's just so disappointing. Are they trending towards making the next re-brand an actual raptor bird? Perhaps the Vultures? God forbid, possibly the OWLS? lol I hope Knobrey Graham doesn't have that much pull...

Comment

So wait... we're the Raptors, but there's no sign of the dinosaur anywhere in any of these logos? Just a cheap looking ball logo with a terrible claw slash? It just doesn't make any sense to me. How did these people get paid and who are the idiots approving this? They could have come up with a pretty fierce looking Raptor dinosaur... it's just so disappointing. Are they trending towards making the next re-brand an actual raptor bird? Perhaps the Vultures? God forbid, possibly the OWLS? lol I hope Knobrey Graham doesn't have that much pull...
                          a lot of people don't like dinosaurs. I remember a lot of people wanted more subtle hint to dinosaurs but not full out dino.
                          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Why wouldn't someone like a dinosaur? lol they'd shred an living animal today

Comment

Why wouldn't someone like a dinosaur? lol they'd shred an living animal today
                              I'm personally ok with Raptors. Original name for a basketball team. But people made good points. Raptors have nothing to do with City of Toronto. No historical link. Our name comes from the fact that Jurassic Park was popular during 90s. And some people just find dinosaurs corny and childish period.
                              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• This isn't aimed at you MixxAOR because you stated you like the Raps as a dino, but more to the general public.

There's no Tigers in Detroit, Pirates in Pittsburgh, Bears/Cubs in Chicago, Giants in NY or SF... I think you get where I'm going with this. It's a team name, and most franchises(new and old) like to have a name as something mighty, powerful, etc if you can. Some names like the 76ers, 49ers.. what the hell are those? They're based on time periods and things that happened in those time periods... wooooo, big whoop. I dunno... I've heard your point raised by others many times, but who gives a shit if it's a territorial thing, it doesn't matter. Granted, the names I've mentioned are very nostalgic teams that have been around for ages, but there's no difference to me, they've all got pretty cool names.

Let's stick with Raptors as a dinosaur and have the team create a legacy of their own. I'm all in. #bringbackthedino and I don't exactly mean the Barney one we're used to. Nothing like this one though:
                                Last edited by Mack North; Thu May 14, 2015, 02:07 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X