Raptors Rebrand Theory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
    I love the black red and gold trim on the white ones.
    These are the best ones I've seen so far. I would not be angry with this.
    You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
      Why?

That's like when girls tattoo their names on their body. In case you suddenly forget?
      It's a rule from the NBA. The logo also has to include the city and team name. Blame Stern.

Comment

• Chris's new mockup (better pic):

Axel wrote:
        Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
        KeonClark wrote:
        We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
        KeonClark wrote:
        I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
          Chris's new mockup (better pic):

Did he do these in MS Paint? They look like crap. If our new jerseys really do look like that I'll be pretty damn disappointed. The stripe down the side drives me nuts. Why do we need an homage to the current jersey? If we liked those, we could have just kept the current jerseys. The mock up mack11 posted with the thin stripes looks so so much better. Really hoping they're closer to those.

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
            It's made me think that this isn't gonna be a full on redesign but more of a tweak.
            A continuing theme for this franchise.

Comment

• Love them or hate them, that is not a "rebrand". That's little more than a slight tweaking of the current look.

I don't mind the look. It certainly isn't exciting though, it's just an acceptable 'meh'. I also like the idea of leaving purple for the retro jerseys (that would have required a true rebrand).

I hate the entire Drake affiliation, unless he can help land a star free agent. Much like the last two seasons (and hopefully not next season), I fear that this partnership with Drake may ultimately prove to be entirely and utterly meaningless.
              Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Thu May 14, 2015, 03:27 PM.

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
                Why?

That's like when girls tattoo their names on their body. In case you suddenly forget?
                Mulva?

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                  Did he do these in MS Paint? They look like crap. If our new jerseys really do look like that I'll be pretty damn disappointed. The stripe down the side drives me nuts. Why do we need an homage to the current jersey? If we liked those, we could have just kept the current jerseys. The mock up mack11 posted with the thin stripes looks so so much better. Really hoping they're closer to those.
                  Me too. But I have no idea when we'll see them IRL. Hopefully it's before the draft.
                  Axel wrote:
                  Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                  KeonClark wrote:
                  We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                  KeonClark wrote:
                  I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

I hope the red jerseys have black writing and the black jerseys have red writing. They both look stupid with the white writing.

Comment

• Whoops quoted the wrong person

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                        Love them or hate them, that is not a "rebrand". That's little more than a slight tweaking of the current look.

I don't mind the look. It certainly isn't exciting though, it's just an acceptable 'meh'. I also like the idea of leaving purple for the retro jerseys (that would have required a true rebrand).

I hate the entire Drake affiliation, unless he can help land a star free agent. Much like the last two seasons (and hopefully not next season), I fear that this partnership with Drake may ultimately prove to be entirely and utterly meaningless.
                        Drake affiliation is the least of our worries. I also still don't get the hate. It's like kids hating the popular kid in school. A mega celeb loves our team, let's shit all over that fucker! I want nothing but no name millionaires and their overprivileged children sitting front row, the way it should be!

Comment

Drake affiliation is the least of our worries. I also still don't get the hate. It's like kids hating the popular kid in school. A mega celeb loves our team, let's shit all over that fucker! I want nothing but no name millionaires and their overprivileged children sitting front row, the way it should be!
                          lol... this could have something to do with it, while he grew up in Forest Hill and now he's some baddass rapper?

I like the attention it brings a little bit, but I just wish it was someone else bringing it.

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
                            lol... this could have something to do with it, while he grew up in Forest Hill and now he's some baddass rapper?

I like the attention it brings a little bit, but I just wish it was someone else bringing it.
                            Oh my gawwwwwdddd thats just embarrassing lol
                            You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• Drake alternate jersey? Can I get one? I haven't seen at least 60 games last season too..

Comment

• vc15ap18 wrote: View Post
                                Chris Creamer has seen the raptors jerseys, hes described them. A user over at his site mocked up the most accurate one yet, Which was posted earlier. See Chris' description below:

"I finally was able to get a look at the actual Raptors uniforms recently.

Here's what I can confirm, just from memory
                                - four uniforms
                                - white home, red road, black alternate, black/gold "drake" alternate
                                - all four uniforms follow the exact same template, just the colours are changed around
                                - all four jerseys say "RAPTORS" across the front, none say "TORONTO"
                                - the jersey wordmarks leaked earlier are legit, that very basic block font
                                - number font is nothing I've seen used before (you really see it in the number "4") but still "blockish" in general
                                - the ball/claw logo is on the side of the shorts
                                - the trim on the side of the jerseys are broken up by two horizontal stripes close to the armpits, a nod to their current jersey design

What I'm still unsure about:
                                - while my source told me there is a small logo under the numbers, the versions I saw did not have this logo

I'll try and get some mockups put together, probably for an article on the site"

These aren't concrete just a mock up of what he has seen and described.
                                Wow these look the exact same as the ones we have now, especially the black one.

What was the point of the rebrand? It's funny how much money they wasted on this whole thing when in the end nothing was changed.

Comment

Working...
                                X