No announcement yet.

Raptors Rebrand Theory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hopefully this whole thing goes down like the Islanders situation where they scrapped that fisherman thing as soon as possible due to fan backlash.

Feeling a little bitter as you can see

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
      What could have been...

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
        lol... this could have something to do with it, while he grew up in Forest Hill and now he's some baddass rapper?

I like the attention it brings a little bit, but I just wish it was someone else bringing it.
        So he's friendly with all of the NBA stars, how exactly is that a bad thing? His friendship with Durant is one of the reasons people were so excited with his involvement. He even got us fined by asking Durant to come to Toronto during one of his concerts. But no, fuck that guy, how dare he be friendly with any non Raptors!

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
          So he's friendly with all of the NBA stars, how exactly is that a bad thing? His friendship with Durant is one of the reasons people were so excited with his involvement. He even got us fined by asking Durant to come to Toronto during one of his concerts. But no, fuck that guy, how dare he be friendly with any non Raptors!
          He's friendly alright! Like a little giddy school girl... Listen, I don't give a darn one way or the other if he's part of the organization or not. I just don't think he has any pull when it comes to guys wanting to sign here. If he did, then we'll be seeing Bron and KD sign with us next year.

Comment

He's friendly alright! Like a little giddy school girl... Listen, I don't give a darn one way or the other if he's part of the organization or not. I just don't think he has any pull when it comes to guys wanting to sign here. If he did, then we'll be seeing Bron and KD sign with us next year.
            he brings attention to a franchise that's historically been the NBA after thought. I dont think he is gonna convince anyone to sign here. What he does is, he puts the team on media radar and that helps make the team and city relevant. along with that and consistently winning and making playoffs is whats gonna change the perception of this franchise.
            All in all, dude is just a piece of a much larger agenda IMO.

Comment

I'd be a giddy little school girl around those guys too. You can think what you want about his pull with free agents, but I'm glad Drake will be calling his friends telling them to sign with the Raptors and how great Toronto is.

Comment

• It just wouldn't be the same with Choclair sitting on the sidelines....

#northerntouch

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                  It just wouldn't be the same with Choclair sitting on the sidelines....

#northerntouch
                  I was hoping for some Organized Rhyme:

"We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Not to derail the thread or anything but you guys realize the raptors are being written about on websites that never would've given a shit about them until Drake came along right?

The Fader's written articles about multiple things (the jerseys, 25k fine, lint rollers)
                    MTV has an article on the jerseys
                    Complex has written multiple articles

Drake is getting the raptors a ton of media coverage and in time will make us associated with being a big market team, exactly what he was supposed to do when he was given his title.

Comment

• Yet you guys just wanna complain and post memes, carry on...

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post
                        he brings attention to a franchise that's historically been the NBA after thought. I dont think he is gonna convince anyone to sign here. What he does is, he puts the team on media radar and that helps make the team and city relevant. along with that and consistently winning and making playoffs is whats gonna change the perception of this franchise.
                        All in all, dude is just a piece of a much larger agenda IMO.
                        What you said about consistently winning is the important part. He has nothing to do with that, as we all know. Exposure is great to a certain extent, but its the on-court play that really matters. They could drop ties with him tomorrow and I don't think that'd make a lick of a difference to the way the team plays or who they sign. The Raps will always have a hard time getting top-notch FA's to join, but I believe that's mainly due to lack of education and knowledge about Toronto, where it's located and the fact we don't have any true STAR players. Sure we mix in all-stars every few years, but we've never had anyone close to being an MVP or anything like that. Players these days want to go to teams with a couple star players, to team up and try to become the next dynasty. Masai has a helluva task in front of him... they can't obtain top draft picks if we are just good enough to make playoffs and fizzle out, then at the same time we won't be able to acquire top-notch names for that same reason.

Full out re-build and luck of the lottery/draft is the only way we will be able to build a chip contender year-in-year-out, IMO. Seattle/OKC did an excellent job doing it that way and even their window looks like its closing sooner than later.

I may have went off-topic but whatever... I don't exactly hate Drake, I just think he's a fanboy and looks a little ridiculous/embarrassing at times to rep the T Dot and our beloved Raptors. Sorry if I offended any teeny-boppers around here. If he has any clout, we have to be able to sign a big name or two this off-season or next... if that doesn't happen then he can kick rocks and give up his seats while he's at it. I dont remember seeing him around prior to about 2-3 years ago anyways. #FakeFanz

Comment

• Regardless of how cheesy I find Drake, I do think this is a nice-looking hoodie:

If it wasn't $160 I might even buy it. How hard is it to sell me a black cotton Raptors hoodie that doesn't say dumb shit like "PROPERTY OF THE 6IX"? For say under $90.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                            Regardless of how cheesy I find Drake, I do think this is a nice-looking hoodie:

If it wasn't $160 I might even buy it. How hard is it to sell me a black cotton Raptors hoodie that doesn't say dumb shit like "PROPERTY OF THE 6IX"? For say under $90.
                            I think this has a massive OVO owl on the back. Swerve it, dude.

Comment

• Not Too Xabi wrote: View Post
                              I think this has a massive OVO owl on the back. Swerve it, dude.
                              Oh Jesus you're right. Well that'll keep me from talking myself into buying it.

I wonder how much trouble you could get into by just one-off printing a hoodie online at the custom print shops. They have a legal disclaimer warning you not to use trademarked logos but I wonder if they care enough to deny your order.

Comment

• For what it's worth, some guy did another mock-up on the jerseys. I found on RealGM, poster was italbeans88.

I think they look better than that other mock-up.

Comment

Working...
                                X