No announcement yet.

Raptors Rebrand Theory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This franchise is still, for whatever reason, unable to get the goddam sides of the unis right. But this is passable. I guess.
    "Stop eating your sushi."
    "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
    "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
    - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• Also, way to curse the hell out of these by showing the first one with a #15 lol
      - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• ughhhhhhhhh

the sides! the neckline! terrible!!!!
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Jesus... just let me do the design and it will look better... they are paying thousands if not millions for this and all they come up with is different font... and placing the logo... Differentiate, this does not stand out at all.
          Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• Lunchbag Letdown! FML... Oh well, I haven't owned a Raps jersey to this point in my life, I see that won't change in the near future if these are, in fact, the new jerseys.

Comment

• I think I'll wait for the official release, or at least some better pics, until passing judgement. I'm not even sure this isn't fake.

Comment

• Fuckin horseshit. Way to play it safe by coming up with basically the exact same fuckin jerseys minus a few minor details that they've had for the past 8 years.
                You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                  I think I'll wait for the official release, or at least some better pics, until passing judgement. I'm not even sure this isn't fake.
                  Given the number of followers that dude has on his account, I'd say the odds of it being fake are pretty damn high.
                  - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                    I think I'll wait for the official release, or at least some better pics, until passing judgement. I'm not even sure this isn't fake.
                    It looks like a shitty knock-off from China. I wouldn't doubt it's fake. It's also laid out on a piece of carpet... pretty sure they'll do it up bigger than this.

They just have to...

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                      Given the number of followers that dude has on his account, I'd say the odds of it being fake are pretty damn high.
                      Yeah the follow-up tweets suggest a 'shop:
                      Conrad Burry: This lines up with all the leaked info and images we've seen so far about the Raps unis
                      Conrad Burry: @RaptorsRealTalk the more i look at that, it seems it might be a 'shopped (or knock-off) version. i think all the details are correct, tho.
                      Real.Raptors.Talk: @conradburry might be true, but of what Ive heard, this is how it'll look based on leaked details

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
                        It looks like a shitty knock-off from China. I wouldn't doubt it's fake. It's also laid out on a piece of carpet... pretty sure they'll do it up bigger than this.

They just have to...
                        Yeah, Bullshit. Nothing official is being released using photos of a jersey laid out on your auntie's dining room carpet.

"These the details that have been released, so this is probably accurate" is also horseshit that has fuelled a bunch of fan mock-ups. The "details released" cited in a bunch of those include garbage like "an arial-type font" "big numbers on the front" "small watermelon logo" which says a lot of nothing all at once. Newsflash: they will be Toronto Raptors basketball jerseys that will have the team name, logo, and colours. Everything other than that is horseshit.
                        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• ...God I really hope those aren't even close to the final product. No way our big rebrand is gonna end up amounting to just a change in font and alterations to a few lines...

Comment

• This one is still miles better than the Clips' though
                            - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• RandomGuy wrote: View Post
                              Jesus... just let me do the design and it will look better... they are paying thousands if not millions for this and all they come up with is different font... and placing the logo... Differentiate, this does not stand out at all.
                              Have you seen the logos the Clippers group rejected?

You can put in all the effort you want, when the guys making the decision have bad taste it doesn't make a difference.

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
                                Have you seen the logos the Clippers group rejected?

You can put in all the effort you want, when the guys making the decision have bad taste it doesn't make a difference.
                                Wow, a bunch of those are amazing
                                - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Working...
                                X